Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Structured Player vs. Player: The Iceberg

13»

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by nolic1
    Been doing quite a bit of sPvP lately and having a blast in fact got in to it with a warrior last nite with the name Aerowyn in it they were on the other team and did not let me hurt them the nuked me but it was fun. If it was Aerowyn then props to you for being the first warrior to take out my mesmer :).
    haha yea that was me:)

You in the mmorpg.com guild? we should do some tourneys if so :)

I'm not actually.. in my own guild... pm me if you see me online later.. usually on evenings EST

I'm looking to start some sPvP action pretty soon here. Been 100% focused on PvE at this point.

So by the time they patch in this stuff (hopefully towards end of October) I"ll be 80 and looking to start doing more PvP (WvW and sPvP)

been mostly the same although i'd say 90% PVE:) PVP for me is always my endgame for themeparks and ill generally stick around as long as I find the PVP enjoyable

I dont do PvP except in GW1 GW2 and DCUO but this is by far better then most of the games I have played arena PvP in. My self I try to do a little PvP through out the week to take a break from PvE.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I read the article. Custom arenas sound a lot like an overly complicated form of group dueling to me.

Add a ranking system.

Add various forms of structured PvP.

I'm GW1 players overwhelmingly favored death match style PvP to capture points. Can players quick join death match PvP, can they start death match tournaments, what am I missing?

Group dueling.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by drakaena
    I read the article. Custom arenas sound a lot like an overly complicated form of group dueling to me.

Add a ranking system.

I'm GW1 players overwhelmingly favored death match style PvP to capture points. Can players quick join death match PvP, can they start death match tournaments, what am I missing?

Group dueling.

I understand the need for a ranking system or ladder. But, I don't understand what woul be the difference from "death match" pvp and "group dueling"....you can join a custom arena that is open to the public.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Add a ranking system.

Group dueling.

I understand the need for a ranking system or ladder. But, I don't understand what woul be the difference from "death match" pvp and "group dueling"....you can join a custom arena that is open to the public.

I think you are mistaken here.

"You want a place where you and your friends can play without random people jumping in on the game."

"Custom arenas are special PvP maps, rented by players, that will allow you to set up passwords, host scrims, and test strategies with your team."

It doesn't look like a hot join or public join system.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

I want alliance battles and Jade quarry u.u

Originally posted by bcbully

Add a ranking system.

Group dueling.

"You want a place where you and your friends can play without random people jumping in on the game."

"Custom arenas are special PvP maps, rented by players, that will allow you to set up passwords, host scrims, and test strategies with your team."

Same paragraph from your quote:

"Custom arenas are special PvP maps, rented by players, that will allow you to set up passwords, host scrims, and test strategies with your team.  This will allow you to challenge other teams, work on your builds in secret, and test your skills 1-on-1 with friends.  You can open the server up to everyone and set the map rotation you like best, or keep your arena password-protected so it serves as your private training ground."

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by bcbully

Add a ranking system.

Group dueling.

Same paragraph from your quote:

"Custom arenas are special PvP maps, rented by players, that will allow you to set up passwords, host scrims, and test strategies with your team.  This will allow you to challenge other teams, work on your builds in secret, and test your skills 1-on-1 with friends.  You can open the server up to everyone and set the map rotation you like best, or keep your arena password-protected so it serves as your private training ground."

well that's better than being a closed instance to your party.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    This topic by ANet just shows how out of touch they are with their own game and their playerbase. GW2 PvP is aweful and flawed at very basic levels. There is an iceburg, but it's upside down as players stop playing and leave the game in droves. 
    Originally posted by CallsignVega
    This topic by ANet just shows how out of touch they are with their own game and their playerbase. GW2 PvP is aweful and flawed at very basic levels. There is an iceburg, but it's upside down as players stop playing and leave the game in droves. 

Could you please enlighten us on how its flawed at very basic levels? Last I checked there is a ton of people playing and enjoying GW2 pvp.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by CallsignVega

What is flawed about it? Please explain or you will be taken as just a naysayer of the game.

All the PvP players, I know, say even though GW2 has PvP has some issues, they are enjoying the team based action. It really does pit player against player (with armor, skills and weapons being equal).