Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: 2.7 Million Sold the First Week

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Phoenix, AZPosts: 275Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by echolynfan

I'm not surprised at the low sales for this expansion given that Cata sucked and all the panning of the "Panda" theme. But - I'm surprised at how much I like this expansion (much better than even Wrath) - the zones are the most beautiful to date and there's so much to do It'll keep me busy for quite a while.

I suspect that the sales will kick in around Xmas time and after people read the good reviews it's getting from the players.

What good reviews? All I've seen now that people are 90 is that it's World of Dailycraft on steroids. People are already bored.

• SketchSketch Montreal, QCPosts: 337Member Uncommon

Reading the comments has been more interesting than the article. I've see an ongoing weird and sad trend of WoW & GW2 fanbois shitting all over pretty much any other game explaining why it's not as good as their game. It's a bizarre phenomenon to watch people on gamer forums trash and defend games as if somehow their self worth was tied in to it. It's a game, a toy for your entertainment. If you find yourself getting angry because of the game or what other people say about it then you are taking it to seriously and it's time to dial back a bit.

• halflife25halflife25 Toronto, ONPosts: 737Member
    Originally posted by Smokeysong

2.7 million copies for about 9 million accounts?

Blizzard - WE TOLD YOU SO!

Sure, MoP isn't all bad, but when you take the long path down insipid leveling and linear character development Blizzard has, then you are going to lose accounts. When you write the kind of storyline that there is for MoP, then you are going to lose accounts. When you simplify everything to the point that there is no significant choice for fleshing out your character's build, you are going to lose accounts.

And? how much do you think BC, WOTLK and Cata sold. Compared to then player base of 11+ million i would use your logic and say those were not impressive numbers either.

Some of you try too hard to downplay success of WOW.