Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FireFall Vs. GW2

killjoy0593killjoy0593 Member Posts: 15
TBH I don't like gw2 much, its' story-line is great but id still choose FF over it any day. I think that the fee for gw2 is way overpriced and if i absolutely had to choose to pay $60 over firefall or gw2 i would choose firefall anyday!

Comments

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by killjoy0593
    TBH I don't like gw2 much, its' story-line is great but id still choose FF over it any day. I think that the fee for gw2 is way overpriced and if i absolutely had to choose to pay $60 over firefall or gw2 i would choose firefall anyday!

Really? Fire Fall isnt even finished yet and GW2 JUST RELEASED YESTERDAY.  This VS crap never goes anywhere. 

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

why you ppl always feel the need to compare games with other games ?

edit :

since a great ammount of the GW2  community is on here (cuz their forums is down) you wont get much out of your poll

they gonna spam ur Firefall into oblivion...think bout it

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    I don't know.  I've never played FireFall.  I'd like to give it a try though.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 19

Well I know Guild Wars 2 is absolutely awesome and amazing - been playing it like a mad man since it released.

What I know about Firefall is that it was so bad at first the devs even realized it to the extent they pulled it back in, delayed it and re-vamped it to make it suck less.

Is it good now? No idea-  never played it. But I take it seriously when a game is so bad that even the developers/investors realize it needs to be re-tooled before they release it.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Have you actually played firefall?  Potential is there, but thats about it, imo. 
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Apple Vs Orange, which would you choose? Discuss......
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I like Firefall, but the answer to this question would be no.  Besides, isn't it F2P?  What is the purpose of this thread?  Are the two even competing for the same players?  Weird thread.
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by KnaveSkye
    Apple Vs Orange, which would you choose? Discuss......

Apples, since I dont have to peel em.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Well, considering that so far Firefall's PvE basically consists of, "Look for resources and craft", then I'd  have to go with GW2.

I like 5, but they're focusing way too much on the 'e-sports PvP' aspect of the game. Hopefully they'll remember that PvEers like to do more than just shoot bugs all day.

• XodenXoden Member Posts: 10
    firefall, hands down!

www.

• sp1cexsp1cex Member UncommonPosts: 27

This topic sound like Coconuts Vs. Rocket launchers ... What would you chose?

Srsly these 2 games have nothing in common...

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I will probably try out PS2, thats the only mmo shooter that really calls my attention. Tried Firefall and didn't really like it.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

One of the dumbest polls I have seen to date.

Similarly, I would ask, what do you vote for, a BMW, or strawberries??

Jesus!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    No reason that you cannot replace vs with &.
  • CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    No reason to compare the two.  For me, I'm not buying either anyways.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Caskio
    No reason to compare the two.  For me, I'm not buying either anyways.

Of course you aren't buying firefall, its free.

• KaspanovaKaspanova Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Pumuckl71

why you ppl always feel the need to compare games with other games ?

edit :

since a great ammount of the GW2  community is on here (cuz their forums is down) you wont get much out of your poll

they gonna spam ur Firefall into oblivion...think bout it

17 posts found

46 Votes

GW2 Spammed of course.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

this looks approximately 10 times more fun than GW2,

I'd probably even pay a sub for FF

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ff just looks like a small scale planetside2 to me. I can't see what ff offers than planetside 2 doesn't on a larger scale.
  • lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

firefall is okay, but not nearly as great as GW2

the RPG part in firefall is very rudimentary, the controls are akin to other FPS and honestly, there's very little novelty in terms of design too. 

it feels like a solid game, but nothing I would pay money for though

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    I haven't played Firefall yet, but I don't have much time to play another big title or participate in the beta test that is. I am waiting for a full review to help make up my mind. Hence I cannot vote in this poll.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Firefall has good PvE PS2 doesn't even have it at all.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yeah, I'm not that bothered about pve. Am I right in thinking the pvp is all instanced mini game matches type stuff, like wow or cod?
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Originally posted by lalartu

firefall is okay, but not nearly as great as GW2

the RPG part in firefall is very rudimentary, the controls are akin to other FPS and honestly, there's very little novelty in terms of design too. 

it feels like a solid game, but nothing I would pay money for though

I don't even get the reason of comparing firefall with gw2.
    It's like comparing Gran Turismo 5 with Grid.

First of all, it caters to completely different audiences (being a different genre).

"not as great as GW2": there are few of us thinking that gw2 is not as great as gw1 or not even worth playing. I guess the same can be said about pretty much any title. To each its own?

RPG part in firefall is very rudimentary: game is in beta and there have been quite a few complete "overhauls" already. we'll see how it turns out in the end. There's also people saying that rpg component in gw2 is amazing and other people claiming the opposite (obviously they are playing it wrong - lol?)

Controls: well a shooter plays like a shooter. GW2 plays like any other tab target game released since the dawn of time. Some of us like shooters, some of us like tab target games, some of us like other things. No matter how you dress it up, in terms of control there has been no novelty in the gaming industry for the past 20 years no matter what bs PR people try to shove down our throat. The only innovation in terms of controls I can think of in the recent years, was Heavy Rain on ps3 (which then again, people can intensely love and replay or just drop within 30 seconds).

Some people paid for gw2 and asked for a refund. Others paid for gw2 and are happy and having a blast.

Nobody will have to pay a dime for playing Firefall and decide afterwards if worth spending few occasional $$ instead of an upfront "blind payment" of 50$ or whatever it is that GW2 sells for on cdkeys websites nowadays.

On a side note: FF has "dynamic stuff" that is really dynamic and popping everywhere (and also player controlled in where/when/how to trigger). GW2 "DE thing" is nothing more than yet another marketing stunt.

Last but not least: ps2 is a 3-faction persistent conflict spanning across massive zones, with no craft, no level progression and no pve. Firefall is the opposite.

Not saying one thing is better than the other. Just saying diversity and options are good for the customer base (all of us), and there's no real "versus" apart from "what each one of us like vs. what each one of us doesn't like", we all in control of our wallets (hopefully) and everyone's a winner :D

And this whole thread sounds like an alternative to the chewbacca defense. ^_^

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

What a silly thread.

I'm currently playing both GW2 and FF and enjoying both immensely. There is simply no competition between the two - both are great at what they do. Imo GW2 is well worth the 60$ box price, as for FF, I've been betaing it for the past few days and have yet to see how long it will hold me, but all I can see so far is pretty impressive... let's say that it is seriously eating into my second game time which used to be held by TF2 for the past couple of years.

(a pro tip - do not play only one game at any time period. since you are not a robot, you will get bored if you play only one game all the time. ideally i play 2 games at any given time, one is the "primary" that i really sink my teeth into while the second one is for when i realize i'm in danger of getting bored by the primary one.)

As for the box price... well imo both games are seriously underpriced at what they offer, especially in comparison with similar titles. Considering what passes for AAA mmos nowadays, it's a sin GW2 is not charging a sub and FF is not charging for the box. Maybe their revenue models will pay off in the end, but it is simply amazing that these two games come so cheaply.