Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pirate 101: Head Start Begins

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYPosts: 5,716Administrator Uncommon

Kingsisle Entertainment has announced that head start access for Pirate101, the free-to-play pirate-themed followup to Wizard101, has begun!

Want to find out how you can take part of the head start access? Check out the full list of options here.

Pirate101 is set to officially launch next week on Monday, October 15.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,923Member Uncommon
    Never really got the appeal of Wizards 101 (and I enjoy turn based) and this doesn't really do much of anything but introduce pirates in an atmosphere that will eventually get old. 
  • VyethVyeth Fayetteville, NCPosts: 1,459Member

The battle system is great.. Reminds me alot of Shining Force 3..

One thing I like about the Kingsisle games are that they are not just "kiddie" or novelty games that play much like a simple game of color matching and such.. The combat systems in these games actually require kids (and adults) to THINK..

• stygianapothstygianapoth Oakwood, GAPosts: 183Member
    Originally posted by Vyeth

The battle system is great.. Reminds me alot of Shining Force 3..

One thing I like about the Kingsisle games are that they are not just "kiddie" or novelty games that play much like a simple game of color matching and such.. The combat systems in these games actually require kids (and adults) to THINK..

I never got into wizard 101, there was definitely the "have to pay to enjoy it" thing going on. I never advanced too far into the game to see where thinking takes place but pirates 101 seems the same. I really do not enjoy the kid friendly atomosphere either so it's probably not a game for me.

• ArakaziArakazi OxfordPosts: 889Member
    Originally posted by MikeB

Kingsisle Entertainment has announced that head start access for Pirate101, the free-to-play pirate-themed followup to Wizard101, has begun!

Want to find out how you can take part of the head start access? Check out the full list of options here.

Pirate101 is set to officially launch next week on Monday, October 15.

OMG! OMG! OMEG!! 4:3 screen ratio, you have returned!

• abyss404abyss404 Lemont, ILPosts: 67Member Common
    Woot!