Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW & Mists is boring...unsubbed, going back to GW2...

124»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Razperil
    Originally posted by cesmode8
    Originally posted by Praetalus

As the title reads, the game hasnt changed one bit aside from a talent overhaul, which they do every expansion(get ready for another one in two years), increased level cap, new race and class(like they havent done this before), and a poor attempt at adding some subpar endgame systems such as scenarios(rift does this better) and pokemon. 

Unsubbed, heading back to GW2.  By far a superior game in most facets.

I am so happy to hear this... now I can sleep tonight! We, over in WoW were just waiting for you to leave. You should have seen the party!

Seriously, I'm playing both right now. I don't understand why some of you have to pick a side and be so damn gung ho. 

It is because in the WoW world, when you merely mention another game in any of the wow-fanboi sites, like mmochamp, people jump all over you and troll you.  How dare someone say that another game is going to be good, or is good.  WoW must be the end all be all, according to the 10 million nostalgic players.

This is the exact reason why The WoW community and it's game has the most hatred/dislike/bashing/etc. I honestly do not feel bad for them either. Their continued lashing out of newer games and of course their "fail" junk, has made them the worst in all of the MMO scene.

Truthfully, I would rather them stay in their own game and leave the others alone. I know for one that when I do play play an mmo and a Wow kid chants his chants, I /block them right off. (We all know who they are because the first thing out of their mouth is "This sucks, WoW is better".)

I'm not bashing or trolling the WoW community. I'm just pointing out the factors you have made for yourselves. Had you chosen to be better people and a better community, you might have an ounce of respect from those of us that do not play your game. That is something to think about when you do play others games. :)

Interesting

• mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by mmaize
    Originally posted by halflife25

Or do you not think that Blizzard came into the MMO market at the right time, had the right pitch, and took the best parts of the current games, and formed their own.  From that it was hook line and sinker.  Now, Do you really think that people believe the combat in WoW is better than, say Tera?  Or the leveling world is more engaging than a Rift or GW2?  Do people really believe that in the key aspects of an MMO, WoW just does it better?  Or is it these simple truths:

-Nostalgia

-Tima already invested

-Friends playing(playing mostly for the above two reasons).

Entering in MMO market at right time is vital but no matter how much the timing is right and no matter how much money you have spent on advertising. if game is bad it will flop. it is that simple. WOW players are not being forced to play it.

WOW is not the only MMO with 'nostalgia' feeling by the way or the one where people have invested a lot of time. I know a lot of people always try to down play WOW's success but it is like spitting on the moon.

Give credit where credit is due. 

You could scream at a pack of lemmings heading off a cliff for all the good it would do also.  The point being that humans aren't exactly the most embracing of change especially when a significant amount of time has been invested.  So while I can give some credit I mostly just attribute this to the fact that Blizzard capitalized and became the top dog in the market...once that was done it wasn't difficult to maintain because there was virutally no competition and now there has been too much time that has passed where gamers have become indoctrinated (much like a criminal can become institutionalized in a prison because the outside world is too great of a change) and so making a jump means losing everything they spent their time to create only to start again in a world that hasn't been around long enough to prove to them that it has staying power. 

So let's not give too much credit either.  WoW is an old game running on old tech that they just update here and there in terms of content but as was previously stated "expansion" doesn't equate to "new game", it's still the same old same old with a few new additions to an old platform.  Apple has been the trend setter in phones for several years but that doesn't mean it should stay that way if the competition can do it better just because the name "Apple" is on it.

No APPLE shouldn't stay on top only because it is apple but because consumer like APPLE products. Now we can all turn our heads away with nose pointed towards the ceiling but that is how it is. Customers like something, there is demand for the product and that product keeps selling years after years.

If WOW wasn't a fun game it wouldn't stay on top for 8 years. it would fade away and no one would even talk about it. It has happened to lot of MMOS before and it could have hapened to WOW but it didn't. 

Brand loyalty only goes so far. If you make shitty product you will fail. Brand loyality certainly didn't help FFXIV because well it has a FF tag on it.

Well you're really just making my case for me again.  Apple, using the same example, is on top not so much because consumers know what's best but because Apple became the household name in phones.  So it became the "in" thing for everyone to have an iphone.  Now there are phones that have surpassed it but will people make the jump?  No, not until the rest of the pack decides that say the Lumia for example is now the "in" thing.  Supply and demand is what it is because of human behavior, doesn't make it smart behavior in fact we know it's not you don't have to look any further than turning on the television or seeing what shows have the highest ratings and seeing things like "Honey Boo Boo" or "Housewives" to know that.  

So back to the actual  example of WoW just because people stay in it for 8 years doesn't make it fun.  If you look at what I said about human behavior and becoming indoctrinated or institutionalized some people are  just used to doing the same things over and over and once invested it's what they know and don't really want to know anything else.  Now that's not to say that all people don't have fun but it also doesn't say that all people playing WoW do actually have fun.  I suppose "fun" is a relative term.  Personally I haven't had fun in WoW since vanilla but for a while I too was one of the ones that became indoctrinated because it was a large time investment that I had to give up to leave that coupled with the fact that friends played and they too weren't about to leave anytime soon mostly because of the same reasons.  As for it happening to a lot of MMOs before that is an innacurate statement because you'd have to use MMOs prior to WoW not after because anything after was going up against a giant that already cornered the market which is why everything is compared to WoW.

It's not brand loyalty..there are actually few that care anymore about the brand especially in today's world where one screw up and the brand is crap in the eyes of the public.  It's the timing Blizzard had and the time they were the king in a market without any real competition.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by elocke
    Originally posted by cinos

Yay for game hopping! :D

Play what you like, the days of sticking to one game only are long past.

I agree with this.  Let's stop the "this game is better than this game" hyperbole arguments and just enjoy whatever game you want at any given time.  Plenty out there to do that with and plenty more in the pipeline.  I know I'm going to change my viewpoint as I am taking a break from GW2 and am enjoying WoW:MoP.  Next week, I'll hop back into Lotro for the Rohan expansion and enjoy that and eventually hop back to GW2 to enjoy the Holiday patch and so on and so forth with a handful of other MMOs. 

If anything, the only issue I have with trying to hop is paying a sub fee for a few of the games just to enjoy a week or 2 of new content.  I much prefer Lotro's hybrid system or GW2s buy to play.   Hopefully TSW goes hybrid soon.

Its Vigo the carpathian again!

Lol!  Yep, I'm still here.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Praetalus

As the title reads, the game hasnt changed one bit aside from a talent overhaul, which they do every expansion(get ready for another one in two years), increased level cap, new race and class(like they havent done this before), and a poor attempt at adding some subpar endgame systems such as scenarios(rift does this better) and pokemon. 

Unsubbed, heading back to GW2.  By far a superior game in most facets.

I am so happy to hear this... now I can sleep tonight! We, over in WoW were just waiting for you to leave. You should have seen the party!

Seriously, I'm playing both right now. I don't understand why some of you have to pick a side and be so damn gung ho. 

It is because in the WoW world, when you merely mention another game in any of the wow-fanboi sites, like mmochamp, people jump all over you and troll you.  How dare someone say that another game is going to be good, or is good.  WoW must be the end all be all, according to the 10 million nostalgic players.

Yeah and here you get jumped by the Diehard GW2 fanboi brigade.

Pot meets kettle.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

I saw a post with a title that was doing the opposite lol. Except that was on the GW2  section in this website. lol

Well have fun in GW2. I'll be waiting for titan u.u

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    We'll be closing these and moving them to the destination game forum, since the titles are baiting and placement in the forum of the game that is being slammed is not a coincidence. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.