Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you try DFUW at launch?

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
Simple question...

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

It is worth noting they've recently confirmed that DF:UW is FREE for people who brought the original game.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Dunno, have they revamped the UI and if so are there any screenshots/vids to see it? If not then no, otherwise yes.
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Dunno, have they revamped the UI and if so are there any screenshots/vids to see it? If not then no, otherwise yes.

All new UI, only a couple of still screens taken from a video. More info needed really.

• possessed1possessed1 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    No. Didn't like the original, but more power to those who enjoyed it.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes, the original DF1 was an awesome game with only a few very basic, but also very big, flaws( everyone was exactly the same, endless grind, huge nube/vet gap, horrible UI). Apart from those flaws the game it'self was very well made, and very fun to play.  from what they said most of that has been fixed, so this game should be a lot of fun.

definately the funnes, most solid, open world fps mmo out to date.

It also helps that i dont have to buy the whole game again...:P

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Hate to be a skeptic, but I will wait a few weeks to see if it's actually ready. They don't exactly have the best record of coming through with dates or good information, but thats a very long story.......

The poll was to limited to answer.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Those who didnt like the first one may want to try Unholy Wars as the entire game and interface will be vastly different. If they keep adding sandbox fluff it could be a long lasting game
  • RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    Been waiting to play since it was announced as Darkfall 2.0.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

i played DF for a year, although i had fun i left waiting for even the most basic and simplest of issues to get fixed. lack of support made me leave.

maybe it will be free for me....and maybe not. but regardless i wont DL it till i see some reviews on how it has changed for the better or worse.......

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Yes, I will.

DF has been the best MMO that has come out now since 1999.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I'd try it out after launch but this company has not proven yet that they can launch a game smoothly. I will not partake in such a cluster-puck similar to their previous launch.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Tamanous
    I'd try it out after launch but this company has not proven yet that they can launch a game smoothly. I will not partake in such a cluster-puck similar to their previous launch.

Previous launch was still the most fun I have had on an MMO since I quit Everquest.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I will play because I'll gander a good guess and say there will be safe zones so it will attract many more players....
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    No, I won't play after launch, or or any amount of time the game lasts. The first one was absolutely terrible, so a new version of a bad game doesn't give me much hope. Also, after being pure vaporware for about 8 years I don't see the 2nd one coming out until 2020. For all that do play it I hope you have a blast.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Without any concrete informations and some gameplay videos to prove that the game will indeed be different than the 1st one and that most of the major issues are fixed, I won't try it at launch. The game is supposed to be released really soon (1 month right?) and we have no clue how the game looks like. This is the worst thing you can do when you released a "new" version of an old game that didn't do well.
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Previous launch was still the most fun I have had on an MMO since I quit Everquest.

You are the minority. Most couldn't even buy the game let get into it. Those within it could very well have had fun ... unless you were a guild trying to obtain a base which were all grabbed by beta guilds first who exploited resource faming to developed the base dozens of times faster than anyone not knowing the exploits those guilds hid from the developers in beta (not that the devs would have had the time nor resources to fix it quickly).

The issue will be: Can they actually sell/offer enough clients to meet demand? Will they have limited servers that cannot support the playerbase trying to get in? Will it be bug free enough to even play? Will it be a bot farming game like the original?

I haven't seen enough from that company to know as of yet. If I see amazing beta or something it could change my mind.

You stay sassy!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    No, it is likely to be very stressful at launch and, being the type of player I am, it would ruin my impression of the game. Overpopulated starting areas are bad in PvE games.. imagine them in a PvP game.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    What other time would you try it? If you don't get in and start exploiting right away you'll never catch up just like in DF.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

Originally posted by phantomghost

You are the minority. Most couldn't even buy the game let get into it. Those within it could very well have had fun ... unless you were a guild trying to obtain a base which were all grabbed by beta guilds first who exploited resource faming to developed the base dozens of times faster than anyone not knowing the exploits those guilds hid from the developers in beta (not that the devs would have had the time nor resources to fix it quickly).

The issue will be: Can they actually sell/offer enough clients to meet demand? Will they have limited servers that cannot support the playerbase trying to get in? Will it be bug free enough to even play? Will it be a bot farming game like the original?

I haven't seen enough from that company to know as of yet. If I see amazing beta or something it could change my mind.

Yeah, I could imagine not getting the client would be frustrating.. don't know why it was so difficult... I was able to buy 2 copies the first day... just used 2 computers sat through a few seconds of lag and both went through.

My clan never owned a city.. just a small village and we had to steal it of course.  I had fun during  the first war.  I remember one day we were fighting with some clans... the next we were now allies.  Great times.  Hopefully, they learned from previous mistakes and fix them this time.  The only issue I had with launch the first time was the exploiters had a huge advantage... oh well... I still had fun raising my skills up then fighting in war... win or lose.

Originally posted by Ackbar
    What other time would you try it? If you don't get in and start exploiting right away you'll never catch up just like in DF.

I still would start later. I don't fret over missing out on exploiting ... I hate to exploit. You still pick a racial group in the game and if there is little exploration and base locations left I'd just join a guild already established and benefit from their advancements anyway. At least the game would be more playable and with fewer bugs and exploits once some are fixed.

I simply won't spend money on a game that hasn't proven itself yet. Again, this could all change if I tried some beta testing and was satisfied. This is an indi-company which is always worth our support but their history for efficient development of content is flakey at best. I need to know if it is actually a good game before I buy it.

You stay sassy!

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I am waiting for the video of the game
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

I voted yes,

but i ment: Fuck, Hell Yea

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Since I don't have to re-buy the game, I will give it a shot.  When I quit I went out with a bang and raided a city by myself with a bunch of stuff on me but mainly a large villa deed.  The person who looted me was very happy, as we talked a bit afterwords.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I would even if I had to rebuy the game.  I liked the first one and have considered going back.  I am slightly more into PvE than PvP as well.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Yes. I won't have to buy it so why not?