Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW & Mists is boring...unsubbed, going back to GW2...

Comments

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by cesmode8
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Originally posted by Loke666
    With GW2 you can leave and come back when you want......to an empty game because everyone is leaving and maybe one day will come back...you know when they are done with the next latest game.

Really, my server seems pretty stable after the 2 first weeks, lots of people online most of the time and it is not one of the topservers population wise. We were about 80-100 people who took down the dragon in Frostgorge yesterday.

Besides, you can just move to a server with better population for free otherwise. Adding cross realm zones and cross server dungeon /raid finders really isnt any better.

There are plenty of empty Wow servers and there it cost you 20 Euro for each character you want to move.

Have to say Wow servers seem to be doing fine.  When GW2 reach say 5 million subs in the west we will talk.

This is the kind of wow-fanboism that people love!  First, GW2 sold 2 million copies in the first week or two, forcing them to shut down sales of the game.  Their servers could not handle in influx of players.  Ironically, WoW was the last MMO that had to do this at launch.  I think that says something.  And no, I dont think Arenanet purposefully engineered such an infrastructure or purposefully shut down sales to make their game seem like its booming, especially since game sales is the #1 source of income for them right now, with there being no subscription.

Second, GW1 had 5million(or 7 mill, cant remember) players, a large amount of it in Europe and overseas.  Id say thats a fair competitor for the almighty WoW.  Even if the game garners 3 million sales total, that is immensely successful. 

And look for WoW subs to drop after Q1 2013 when the annual pass, and MoP hype dies down.  They'll come back to the sub-less GW2 :)

Well if we use your logic for "players" of GW2 then WoW has 8.6 million players in the west because that is how many units they sold of original and battlechest.  Holy crap there are a lot of us.  Frankly never saw 5 million people playing GW1 at one time.  I must have missed that.  image

• westrunzilwestrunzil Member UncommonPosts: 9

As the title reads, the game hasnt changed one bit aside from a talent overhaul, which they do every expansion(get ready for another one in two years), increased level cap, new race and class(like they havent done this before), and a poor attempt at adding some subpar endgame systems such as scenarios(rift does this better) and pokemon. 

Unsubbed, heading back to GW2.  By far a superior game in most facets.

Mists of Pandaria is the best expansion so far and WOW is the best game on the market. If  you want to play Counter Strike style mmorpg please go to GW2 and stay there.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Seriously, what is up with the WoW threads in the GW2 section saying "Quitting GW2...going back to WoW" and the GW2 threads in the WoW section saying "Quitting WoW...going back to GW2"

These forums have the be some of the most toxic ever.

BTW, it's ok to like multiple games in the same damn genre...christ.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by Vorch

Seriously, what is up with the WoW threads in the GW2 section saying "Quitting GW2...going back to WoW" and the GW2 threads in the WoW section saying "Quitting WoW...going back to GW2"

Since the days of AC vs EQ....there can be only one.

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    Oh darn.  One person out of the 10 million left.  I'm sure your departure will greatly affect WoW...sorry couldn't resist.  I see posts like these every day, countless times a day.  And I laugh because in the grand scheme of things it honestly doesn't matter.  If you leave WoW for GW2; great.  You save yourself $15 a month.  But at the same time just realize there are a heck of a lot of others out there who enjoy it (I play WoW and GW2).  So much WoW hate going around.  If you think the developers lack ideas for an expansion, what else should it have?  They develope for the game and what would fit in the game world.  So if they don't add new continents, races, classes, etc. there isn't isn't much left.  And if you're making suggestions for things that other games have that you enjoy, just go play that game.  Rift is good, I'll give it that, but it doesn't quite have the magic and the joy I felt when I played WoW.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Betaguy

As the title reads, the game hasnt changed one bit aside from a talent overhaul, which they do every expansion(get ready for another one in two years), increased level cap, new race and class(like they havent done this before), and a poor attempt at adding some subpar endgame systems such as scenarios(rift does this better) and pokemon. 

I been playing MoP because I don't see much point doing the same thing in a new game that is like the one I have been playing off and on for 8 years.  Might as well invest my time in the one that is better and not as boring.  I found GW2 very blah and repetative.  This is my personal opinon, I just have many more things to do in the world of Azeroth than I do in GW2.

Just curious, and not trying to upset you or anything.. What is "many more things to do in azeroth than Gw2"..what is available in MoP that is not available in GW2?

Battle pets, simply put, I love it....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Posts in game forum that the game sucks, then becomes annoyed at fans of that game for defending it.

Idiot logic.

MoP is a good expansion, much better than cataclysm, GW2 is a good game. 

I play both, sometimes I also play neither, I never feel the need to announce my departure from either game on a public forum.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

I been playing MoP because I don't see much point doing the same thing in a new game that is like the one I have been playing off and on for 8 years.  Might as well invest my time in the one that is better and not as boring.  I found GW2 very blah and repetative.  This is my personal opinon, I just have many more things to do in the world of Azeroth than I do in GW2.

Just curious, and not trying to upset you or anything.. What is "many more things to do in azeroth than Gw2"..what is available in MoP that is not available in GW2?

Battle pets, simply put, I love it....

Never underestimate Blizzards ability to 'pander' (sic) to players predilection for collecting things..  even to the point of making almost a 'seperate' game out of them.. pokemon .. only better.. image

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

It's been this way as long as I can remember.  And it has never made sense.

Even moreso in this case.  Quitting a game generally means you stopped subbing to it.  GW2 doesn't have a sub, so saying you quit is pretty pointless, anyway.  If the game provides any enjoyment at all, there's no need to dump it.

Getting really tired of the sports team mentality that people seem to feel the need to have about everything, these days. 

I've stopped playing GW2 for the moment, as I'm gearing up my toons for my mainstay MMO, LotRO, RoR.  But I'll definitely be back.

I've cancelled my Eve sub, but I'll be back.

If Blizz gives me a free MoP trial, I probably will check it out.

F2P Secret World?  Bring it on!

Free from the "I like X game, so Y game is da suxxorz" self inflicted trap, my game queue is massive and I'm having a blast.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm playing both. I still don't understand why folks don't play at least two games to keep from becoming stagnant in one.

Sunday GW2

Monday WoW

Tuesday Vanguard (WoW Maint. Day)

Wednesday GW2

Thursday WoW

Friday Vanguard

Saturday Drink beer and bbq. Wash some underwear.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Robsolf

It's been this was as long as I can remember.  And it has never made sense.

Even moreso in this case.  Quitting a game generally means you stopped subbing to it.  GW2 doesn't have a sub, so saying you quit is pretty pointless, anyway.  If the game provides any enjoyment at all, there's no need to dump it.

Getting really tired of the sports team mentality that people seem to feel the need to have about everything, these days. 

I've stopped playing GW2 for the moment, as I'm gearing up my tunes for my mainstay MMO, LotRO.  But I'll definitely be back.

I've cancelled my Eve sub, but I'll be back.

If Blizz gives me a free MoP trial, I probably will check it out.

F2P Secret World?  Bring it on!

Free from the "I like X game, so Y game is da suxxorz" self inflicted trap, my game queue is massive and I'm having a blast.

I could not agree with you more. It's like people need the game they're playing to be the "best"... And it's sad. Like I said, I'm playing wow and gw2 TOGETHER and I'm having fun. I like each one for a different reason, although neither are perfect by any stretch. When the next big game comes out, I'll play that too. Hopefully the mentality on this site will die off and the new neutral gamer attitude will take over. .. Hey, I can dream can't I?

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

"Life is boring... Unsubbed and snuggled up in a coffin!"

Just enjoy what you are playing, don't have to make a thread just to say you are going. Way too many of those around for every game lately.

Nonetheless... I do hope you will enjoy GW2 or whatever game you'll bump into soon.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I see what you did there....you saw the I left GW2 for WoW posts so made a very simple and clearly trollish post here to try and redeem GW2 because of the other posts.  Tricky boy.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Because there are those in this community that think there is only room for one well populated mmo. For so long, it has obviously been WoW. Now there is an actual contender - so those who want to see the giant fall are excited and those who want the juggernaut to stay in place feel they have to prove something.

For in their minds, we cannot have a plethora of well-populated games.

One game to rule them all. Blame Tolkein.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I know this isn't in the spirit of G4M3 W4RZZZZ!!!  But I am honestly happy that there are now two genuinely excellent themeparks on the market.

Before GW2, WoW was clearly the best...others were fun for a while, but none really held a candle to it.  Now, I feel like people have two equally awesome options, and that is great :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    With GW2 you can leave and come back when you want......to an empty game because everyone is leaving and maybe one day will come back...you know when they are done with the next latest game.

Funny...our guild still has over 100 people on on any given week night and I still queue for WvWvW. Sounds totally empty to me.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

Posts in game forum that the game sucks, then becomes annoyed at fans of that game for defending it.

Idiot logic.

MoP is a good expansion, much better than cataclysm, GW2 is a good game. 

I play both, sometimes I also play neither, I never feel the need to announce my departure from either game on a public forum.

*chuckles*

Yeah don't go in to the kitchen if you can not take the heat.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Loke666

Really, my server seems pretty stable after the 2 first weeks, lots of people online most of the time and it is not one of the topservers population wise. We were about 80-100 people who took down the dragon in Frostgorge yesterday.

Besides, you can just move to a server with better population for free otherwise. Adding cross realm zones and cross server dungeon /raid finders really isnt any better.

There are plenty of empty Wow servers and there it cost you 20 Euro for each character you want to move.

Have to say Wow servers seem to be doing fine.  When GW2 reach say 5 million subs in the west we will talk.

This is the kind of wow-fanboism that people love!  First, GW2 sold 2 million copies in the first week or two, forcing them to shut down sales of the game.  Their servers could not handle in influx of players.  Ironically, WoW was the last MMO that had to do this at launch.  I think that says something.  And no, I dont think Arenanet purposefully engineered such an infrastructure or purposefully shut down sales to make their game seem like its booming, especially since game sales is the #1 source of income for them right now, with there being no subscription.

Second, GW1 had 5million(or 7 mill, cant remember) players, a large amount of it in Europe and overseas.  Id say thats a fair competitor for the almighty WoW.  Even if the game garners 3 million sales total, that is immensely successful. 

And look for WoW subs to drop after Q1 2013 when the annual pass, and MoP hype dies down.  They'll come back to the sub-less GW2 :)

This post doesn't make sense. Anyone could reasonably assume GW2 was prepared for 2M players. In fact, I'd go so far as they were wishing for 3 or 4 million. They had 1M pre purch, and another in release sales, Sorry, they didn't shut down sales becuase of their overwhelming success and unpredictable numbers.  In fact, they didn't shut down sales at all. Only their own sales. The reason GW2 sales were shut down ONLY from ANET's own site, was because ANET needed to divert all of it's internal resourses to handle it's problematic launch and all the issues surrounding the 1st week. 

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    This post doesn't make sense. Anyone could reasonably assume GW2 was prepared for 2M players. In fact, I'd go so far as they were wishing for 3 or 4 million. They had 1M pre purch, and another in release sales, Sorry, they didn't shut down sales becuase of their overwhelming success and unpredictable numbers.  In fact, they didn't shut down sales at all. Only their own sales. The reason GW2 sales were shut down ONLY from ANET's own site, was because ANET needed to divert all of it's internal resourses to handle it's problematic launch and all the issues surrounding the 1st week. 

This post doesn't make any sense either. They were shut down only from ANet's own site because the physical copies had already been shipped around the world. What were they supposed to do? Attempt to force retailers to stop selling them?

If "anyone could reasonably assume GW2 was prepared for 2M players" then by your own logic ANet would have been prepared for at least that number of people playing the game in the first week of its existence and wouldn't have experienced the few issues that they did...

Originally posted by Lydon

This post doesn't make any sense either. They were shut down only from ANet's own site because the physical copies had already been shipped around the world. What were they supposed to do? Attempt to force retailers to stop selling them?

If "anyone could reasonably assume GW2 was prepared for 2M players" then by your own logic ANet would have been prepared for at least that number of people playing the game in the first week of its existence and wouldn't have experienced the few issues that they did...

GW2 official site wasn't the only one selling digital copies. You could buy from other authorized sites too. So i really doubt that when Anet stopped selling GW2 it made a huge stall in sales for those few days.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Originally posted by halflife25

GW2 official site wasn't the only one selling digital copies. You could buy from other authorized sites too. So i really doubt that when Anet stopped selling GW2 it made a huge stall in sales for those few days.

Point in fact you could not purchase from other sites.  I tried purchasing a digi copy from Amazon when this was going on, just to see what was happening, and I couldnt.  It told me digi copies were temp out of stock.  You had to go to a store to get it.  I know, because a RL friend of mine tried going to guildwars 2 site, amazon, and best buy...couldn't get a copy online.

Only brick and morders had copies, if they had copies in stock.

No...the temp shutdown was to keep servers from filling up more than it could handle.  So many zones in overflow(into level 30 and 40) WvW queues out the eyeballs, etc.  True, there were and are lots of bugs, but what game at launch didnt have them?  Every game has it.  Every..game.  But the shutdown was not because of bugs, otherwise they would have shut them down again because of run of the mill problems that GW2 is currently experiencing(like everygame) with bots, exploits, gold selling etc.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

That's why MoP was the first WoW expansion I didnt even buy. I already knew for a fact that there's nothing new to go back to. After 15 minutes of play it's just exactly the same old, and after getting to max level you jump into the same old treadmill. I have lost my faith in Blizzard's ability to add anything actually new stuff in their games, except for the tweaks and apparently some minigames (which is awesome, but not enough to go back to).

Dont get me wrong though, I think WoW is an awesome game, one of the best mmorpgs, and certainly was the best back in the day. It's just when something refuses to evolve, it will get boring, and it will stay boring. It's not helping that everything is trivialized in the game and automatized (afterall it's a mmorpg and not some serverless mix-mess-community lobby MOBA).

I almost envy people who are still having fun in WoW, or who are new to the game, all the best for them :)

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I like playing both.

Originally posted by halflife25

Point in fact you could not purchase from other sites.  I tried purchasing a digi copy from Amazon when this was going on, just to see what was happening, and I couldnt.  It told me digi copies were temp out of stock.  You had to go to a store to get it.  I know, because a RL friend of mine tried going to guildwars 2 site, amazon, and best buy...couldn't get a copy online.

Only brick and morders had copies, if they had copies in stock.

No...the temp shutdown was to keep servers from filling up more than it could handle.  So many zones in overflow(into level 30 and 40) WvW queues out the eyeballs, etc.  True, there were and are lots of bugs, but what game at launch didnt have them?  Every game has it.  Every..game.  But the shutdown was not because of bugs, otherwise they would have shut them down again because of run of the mill problems that GW2 is currently experiencing(like everygame) with bots, exploits, gold selling etc.

And yet i was able to buy my digital copy from DLGAMER during those days as there was no physical copy avilable close to where i live in morocco.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm totally giving up on gamehopping.  Rift and WoW forever now I guess lol.  Been playing both of these since they launched, and I've gone to several games during that time.  During that time, every game ends up the same.  I get to cap (and I don't even rush it!) then I'm like, "Now what?"  In Rift and WoW,  there is always something to do.  If there isn't something to do, there's always something on the horizon at least.  I usually finish the current content (got all my gear), and there's about a month or two before the next content patch or expansion.  With Rift, I almost never have to wait for content though.  WoW, it's usually a month or two.  During that time, there's always friends to chat and hang out with.  Go do some classic raids that don't really mean anything anymore, except for nostalgia.  I'll play free trials, if the game has them, but I don't see myself leaving either of these games, except for Elder Scrolls or Neverwinter, but I won't be doing that unless I get to play it first hand first (hmm I think that's right lol).  It's Rift and WoW for me.
This discussion has been closed.