Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has GW2 pushed you back to WoW!?

Hi, Bought and played Gw2 up to level 60, Got so bored of what to be honest is more of a "grind" than any mmo ive ever played with repetitive hearts and events (Personal Oppinion here no flaming!).

Found myself returning to WoW and into Pandaland and have to admit GW2 made me appreciate the little things and polish that is in WoW, no bots (That ive seen) no glitches no major issues and i enjoy the quest hubs, Gw2 made me want to return to WoW.

Anyone else feel the same?

FLAME ON!!

Comments

• ExzyzExzyz Member UncommonPosts: 70
    It made me get desperate for something new again once I hit 80.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I know that YOU know that nothing good or constructive could come from your post...

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    It is good that you at least gave it a chance and were open-minded enough to test something rather different:)
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Kensaiken0

i enjoy the quest hubs

you mean linear quest hubs

to each their own

can always visit GW2 later, theres no ticking meter asking for you to make a monthly deposit

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

I feel the exact oposite ... never again quest-hub based grinding to max level.

I hate questing in WoW and i loved the max level content

I am in love with leveling in GW2 and think the max level content is alright and it fits my current life situation perfectly :)

I AM STAYING =D 

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Yeah I only got to mid 50's but my motivation to log in eventually died out, felt like more of a job to me.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Well, Warcraft is well known for not having bots or gold sellers, so that is a plus.  All the many,many,many various things to do at max level is a bonus as well.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Because everyone playing gw2 just left wow and have wow to "go back too" right? 8S
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Years of familiarity with a product will always make it harder for a superior product to successfully win over converts. People at heart are scared of change and choose to stick with what they know rather then just go with it.

Also, years of time invested in a product means people will stuggle to let go, no matter what they are tempted with.

That is just human nature and is mostly an unsubsoncious act.

But making an obvious troll post to annoy people is a deliberate act so shame on you!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Kensaiken0

i enjoy the quest hubs

you mean linear quest hubs

to each their own

can always visit GW2 later, theres no ticking meter asking for you to make a monthly deposit

yeah, complains about instability but heads back to a game who's servers were hacked. 

sorry you didn't like a game who's grind is very different then the one with lobby style dailies, dungeons, raids only progression.

the funny thing is GW2 doesn't do one thing that WoW definitely does, empty your pockets monthly to pay their execs big bucks because we've already seen the proof of it being used for nothing more then flufff.

Did WoW's beta of pandaria....nothing at ALL impressed me and i've been playing WoW since before hunters got pets. :) have fun.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    WoW and GW2 are both stale and boring to me.  I'm going back to Farmville!

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lol "wow no bots"
  • Kensaiken0Kensaiken0 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Because everyone playing gw2 just left wow and have wow to "go back too" right? 8S

Bare in mind i havnt played WoW Since Wotlk, And probably wouldnt have gone back to it if it wasnt for GW2's many failings.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Another WoW zombie who thought the point of the game was to run from heart to heart.

Note that there are no hearts in the final 3 maps, it should give you a clue as to what the real core of the game is.

Nothing to see here.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Hmmm the little things in wow like exciting quest hubs and gear grind.  More grind than any MMO, what a bunch of crap! Ultimately I suspect you'll be bored on WoW after a couple weeks of getting your panda on. 
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol "wow no bots"

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Nope I'm quite happy in GW2 at the moment . I will play Rift when its expansion comes out again . But the no sub in GW2 means that I don't have to give it up . As for WoW its something I play when I'm away from home ( about one month a year ) as my laptop wont handle many mmos .Its a game where most of the fun aspects it once had are gone and now whats left it a watered down shadow of its former self . WoW as it once was simply doesn't exist anymore .
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

WoW combat is far too slow and uninteresting after playing GW2 - no way I could go back...

Though no one does gear progression as fun/well as WoW does, you only get 2-3 weeks of fun out of it before you hit the wall at end-game waiting for the next tier to be released.

My days of grinding heroics, raids to gear up - only to quit and come back on the next patch cycle to do it over again, and to grind BG's for PvP gear....

long over.

Now that they added Raid Finder - no need to ever join a guild or actually make friends, you can just PUG heroics till you are geared enough to PUG Raids via Raid Finder.

Such a solo game now... no thanks.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No way. I am done with questshubs for good. If I tire of GW2 I guess I have to go to a sandbox or something.

I want exploration in my game instead of being lead by the noose in a specifically made path. And MOP doesnt seem to be less linear than earlier expansions exactly.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by BadSpock

WoW combat is far too slow and uninteresting after playing GW2 - no way I could go back...

Though no one does gear progression as fun/well as WoW does, you only get 2-3 weeks of fun out of it before you hit the wall at end-game waiting for the next tier to be released.

My days of grinding heroics, raids to gear up - only to quit and come back on the next patch cycle to do it over again, and to grind BG's for PvP gear....

long over.

Now that they added Raid Finder - no need to ever join a guild or actually make friends, you can just PUG heroics till you are geared enough to PUG Raids via Raid Finder.

Such a solo game now... no thanks.

Just because you are in a group of people that are doing the same thing, but never talking to each other or needing each other does not make GW2 a non-solo game.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

When I read threads like this, I notice how biased most people are, towards both sides.

It's easy to recognise posts where the faults of one game are exposed while the game they're defending have the same faults, if not worse.

I played GW2 to max level and quit it because it offers nothing to me. It was worthwhile 70-80 hours of fun I got out of it, I've paid the same for games that have given me less than that. And no, I'm not going back to WoW, because WoW has likewise nothing to offer to me anymore. 

I'm instead looking forward to Neverwinter and Mechwarrior Online. And UFO: Enemy Unknown remake/sequel is almost out!

It's time to stop thinking that the world begins and ends on WoW, temporarily disturbed by whatever's the flavour of the month (which have been a dozen games so far, and currently GW2). There's life (and fun) beyond the same old toy box.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It did. The combat system in GW2 was far too simple. Yeah it's nice being able to move while casting, but not nice enough to overcome a combat system tied to limited weapon choices with a permanant 2-3 abilities.

The lack of world pvp coupled with the "you pvprs" go play in this corner design bothered me aswell. Why the hell they did not make pvp skins warable in the game world was just silly to me. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Even with all the botting annoyances... I have zero interest in going back to WoW. 
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    In a word? Yes.  GW2 is great if one likes exploring and endless achievements. Its combat system (at least melee) is 2nd rate at best.  It has limited models for weapons and armor, and its obvious their art department was focused on everything else.  Not to mention their absolute phobia about being anything like WoW.  They cut off their nose to spite their face, in that pursuit. 
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

To WoW - nope.    It made me realize that it will be very hard for me to enjoy themeparks with how they are done today.

I though it might possibly be burnt out on automatic LFG themeparks and GW2 will give me fresh look and fresh enjoyment of themeparks - but nope nada.    I long for virtual worlds after all.

I realized also that more actiony combat in mmorpg's might NOT be my cup of tea after all.

This discussion has been closed.