Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requested a Full Refund - Already back to WoW

2»

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Xasapis
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Have fun playing with bots in battlegrounds, heared its doubled since MoP.
    Make sure to roll the next fotm also.

Not saying GW2 pvp is perfect, but name me 1 mmo with many classes with WvW that have perfect balance.

Some classes are good versus others and some classes have wicked skills and tricks but lower damage.

Hope you can enjoy WoW m8, but what my former guildies are saying they allready puke out the daily grinds with quests and are fed up with all the bots.

GW2 has no ground accusing other mmorpgs of having bots in its current state. Seriously. When they fix the issues with people teleporting around, flying or running underground with the orb, then maybe GW2 may point out faults in the exploitable state of other mmorpgs, not before.

GW2 isn't pointing out anything or accusing anyone. No need to attack GW2 for something it has no control over. Freedom of speech you know?

imageimage
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

If that post was an answer to mine, I'm afraid you're confused. Maybe when you're off the honeymoon period you'll think clearer.

First of all, I have no idea what is happening in WoW, since I haven't touched it for the past 4 years. You could have inserted any X mmorpg name and my answer would be the same. You can't call other mmorpgs as being bot infested when this one has the exact same issues. Personally I don't like hypocrisy.

As for the defensive stance "I haven't seen it hence it doesn't exist", well, it's been tried and failed in orther mmorpgs as well. You're doing more harm to your favorite game when you try to shrug the issues, when it's exactly those issues that may and will drive people away from the only long term content present in GW2 atm.

Edit: No point talking about "balance" either. GW2 is not there yet, close perhaps (and have a much easier job than GW1), but not there yet.

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

GW2 isn't pointing out anything or accusing anyone. No need to attack GW2 for something it has no control over. Freedom of speech you know?

Please replace GW2 with GW2 fans if it wasn't clear.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by bcbully
    something stinks here image

I agree.  There is a definite "under the bridge" smell to this one.....

You know it is all right to prefer another MMO  over GW2. 

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    How many hours have u invested in gw2? I hate ppl thet invest 100+ hours in a game and then ask for a refund.
    I agree that WoW is much better game, but saying that WoWs PvP is better is just wrong imo.

I think this site has way to many rabid and angry gw2 funs
  • XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by zimboy69
    how many hours did the opening  post play of gw2

Most likeley zero.

A MMO developer (owned by NCsoft no less) that gives people their money back just because they claim PvP is unbalanced ??? 

Or reason number 2 , the game is not friendly towards smaller groups ???  (not sure what that i based on tbh)

And this is why A-net/NCsoft gave him his money back in admittance?

I really doubt this story.

Even so i dont think i would even bother making a special thread about it if i went back to wow already. I would have mentioned it in relevant thread maybe but i doubt i would have felt a legitimate reason to get special attention for it.

WoW's pvp is not balanced nor will it ever be anywahere near balance at any given time. The reaons is PVP tiered gear ,the ones with the better gear win ,end of story. Unless you have the best gear availlable and manage to claim that the game is balanced because you win every fight you will never agree that gear based pvp is balanced.No matter how good you are a Lada will never win a race from a Ferrari.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

@ The OP

As a single player I've been able to win tournies, as a 2 player team I've been able to win tournies, as a 3 player team I've been able to win tournies and so on and so forth. I think it's your skill and your communication with your team that might be the problem. Every team I've won with has either had good personal skill, good group communication or good movement around the map. I've even won 4v5s due to a combination of these things.

If you're not willing to cut through the crap to learn to play the game and try to team up with people you don't know then, you'll definitely lose a lot more than you win.

This is not a game.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Oh these threads are just silly. A true mmorpg Champion could easily play both. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by ZizouX

You do realize that becuase you got the refund.. your account will be erased ... and if you decide to come back, you'll have to start from scratch?

PS - Stopped playing wow 3 years ago.... that ship has sailed....

Not only that but your credit card is most likely banned as well.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by ZizouX

You do realize that becuase you got the refund.. your account will be erased ... and if you decide to come back, you'll have to start from scratch?

PS - Stopped playing wow 3 years ago.... that ship has sailed....

Not only that but your credit card is most likely banned as well.

Huh? CC is msotly like banned if you charge back. Nadia already posted link that if you buy from GW2 you can get a refund. I don't see why CC will be banned if company is voluntarily offering refunds.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

@ The OP

As a single player I've been able to win tournies, as a 2 player team I've been able to win tournies, as a 3 player team I've been able to win tournies and so on and so forth. I think it's your skill and your communication with your team that might be the problem. Every team I've won with has either had good personal skill, good group communication or good movement around the map. I've even won 4v5s due to a combination of these things.

If you're not willing to cut through the crap to learn to play the game and try to team up with people you don't know then, you'll definitely lose a lot more than you win.

Nah he simply wasn't able to grind uber gear to waltz over other people like he does in his precious WoW. He was bragging about his PvP status in WoW a few months before GW2 released. As if that means something in a gear centric game.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Xten

Or reason number 2 , the game is not friendly towards smaller groups ???  (not sure what that i based on tbh)

WoW's pvp is not balanced nor will it ever be anywahere near balance at any given time. The reaons is PVP tiered gear ,the ones with the better gear win ,end of story. Unless you have the best gear availlable and manage to claim that the game is balanced because you win every fight you will never agree that gear based pvp is balanced.No matter how good you are a Lada will never win a race from a Ferrari.

To answer your number 2 after I read his comment:

- he indicates that he entered a tournament PvP at the mists with only 3 people and expected to win against 5

Since he lost he called the game "unbalanced" and not "smaller groups friendly" which is not logical in my opinion.

Unless he had mistaken the WoW Thief with the GW2 and thought that he can turn invinsible, hit a stun, hit a crit, hit another hit and kill someone.

Most likely didn't happen in GW2 so he was dissappointed that he can't "own" everyone and their granny with like 3 hits while everyone is playing the "sitting duck" with a huge "please backstab and kill me" sign on their backs.

He probably also missed the fact that he can't be overgeared so he can take on 5 people with 3 on his side THAT easily in GW2 either.

I'm not THAT good in pvp either and mostly a supporter in my teams in GW2 but I have seen many people that put a lot of effort into builds and know what goes with what perfectly.

If he came against someone like that then he definately found the game even more "unbalanced" because they more than likely killed him in seconds too. :p

You are also right about the balance in WoW and not only because of the not existand balancing between the classes but also because of the gear factor that lets unskilled players kill skilled ones no matter what they do in many occassions.

Also laughable that people still compare a game that just came out and it's 1,5 months old with one that is out for 8 years to say the least.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by kostoslav
    How many hours have u invested in gw2? I hate ppl thet invest 100+ hours in a game and then ask for a refund.
    I agree that WoW is much better game, but saying that WoWs PvP is better is just wrong imo.

I think this site has way to many rabid and angry gw2 funs

I agreed with him on WoW pvp being better, but for all different reasons. OP found away to tick all readers off lol.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

this is a truly great advert  for  anet

some dude  comes and plays the game and for what ever reason anet will refund him his money

isnt that somthing that is  a really good positive move by  a mmo company

i wonder if this wow game will do the same i have 3 years of subs and  burning  crusade and  vanilla   im  wondering if the mighty blizzard will refund me or are they just money grabbing

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    They should never have given you a refund. 
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

I had to log in to reply to this, because the OP is plainly out of his mind.

WoW has balanced classes for PVP?  Have you bought WoW yet?  Have you ever played the game?  Are you insane!?  Every single day people on the wow forums cry qq that XYZ classes are OP.  Rogues and warriors complain that they can never get close to a mage.  Mage complains that pally bubble is OP.  Hunters complaining that they are plain weak against any class.  Everyone complaining that a holy pally-blood DK(speaking in cata terms here) are the "never die" team. 

Dude, I am GLAD you wasted your time because you clearly have no idea what youre talking about.  I havent dabbled in PvP much yet, because theres way too much else for me to do(100 hours of playtime at 80 and I have only 51 % of the world explored and only one dungeon set that is almost finished).  However, every single game has pvp balance issues.  You show me a game that doesnt have balance issues and I'll show you that you're wrong. 

Arenanet thanks you for your time.

Blizzard thanks you for being nostalgic and returning to the static, stand-still combat that is WoW. 

In my opinion, the best:

Combat goes to Tera

Living world goes to Guild Wars 2

Armor sets/styles goes to Guild Wars 2

Story telling goes to SWTOR(Hate to say it, the stories were great).

End Game content goes to Rift

"In touch" with its playerbase goes to Rift

PvP goes to noone.  Never balanced.  Never will be. 

Raiding goes to WoW (If you consider scripted stand-still combat engaging)

Dungeons go to Guild Wars 2

Just my opinions, but where does WoW exactly destroy any other game?  If you tell me Story, I'll laugh.  If you say Combat, I'll laugh.  If you say graphics, youre nuts.  If you say Living breathing engaging world...come on really?

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    If you want a pvp game try Darkfall : Unholy Wars when it opens.  Don't cancel your WoW sub though, Darkfall 1.0 wasn't for the feignt hearted so you might find it a bit too intense.  If you played UO pre-Trammel though you'll probably adore it though.  Anyway, it's not expected to have a high entry price and if you are looking for a pvp game, DF:UW will be definitely one to give a try.  :)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
         Seems like more of a plug for WoW than anything...I doubt he/she even bought GW2 at all....
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Acebets70
    Obvious troll is Obvious...

Agreed.

I just know if the the OP is not just trolling- they are going to get bored of WoW when they hit 90 and farm out the latest/greatest honor gear from BG's and Arena.... and then be asked to do it again and again and again each new season.

They'll want to come back to GW2 when in the next month or so they wil be releasing "pro" tournament modes for pre-mades, custom arena's for practice/training and custom tournies, and have been (and will continue to) steadily fix balance issues and add new maps/game modes to sPvP.

They can always just spend another 60$ (Anet won't mind I promise you) and hop right into sPvP without having to relevel!

But, sadly, there really are people who don't care about fair competition and skillful team play and instead enjoy out-gearing to "wtf pwn noobs" in their PvP matches.

WoW is the perfect home for those PvP gamers. Hope you find it worth 15$ a month!

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

They gave you a refund for that insane reason?  wow.  

WoW could never hold me after many tries.  The questing was decent but the game itself was just boring as hell.   I like playing a game with people not just around people.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Xasapis

*snip*

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Please replace GW2 with GW2 fans if it wasn't clear.

One person, probably a fan, said something, thus all fans now claim that GW2 has no balance issues in PvP? No game is perfect, most people know this.

In GW2 it's very easy to make a character for PvP, try different classes and builds without you having to grind through the PvE just to be able to PvP effectively. So as far as balance goes, I'd expect ArenaNet to tweak it some more and and really get it right in a couple of months max.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.