Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Founder's Pack Contest -- Enter Now!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered up with Firefall developers Red 5 Studios to give out Firefall Founder's Pack codes to a number of lucky winners. We've got codes all the way from the base Ensign to Commander ranks, but you're going to really have to work for some of the better rewards.

This will be a dual contest of sorts, with our top prizes reserved for our video contest.

Contest #1: Video

One Grand Prize Winner: One (1) Firefall Commander Founder's Pack w/ five bonus beta invites.

Two Runners-Up:  One (1) Firefall Lieutenant Founder's Pack w/ three bonus beta invites each.

Details and Rules:

Create your very own Firefall video using any format you wish. It can be a guide, fan-made trailer, or whatever you want. However, the video must be no longer than 2 minutes 30 seconds in length. You must denote that the video was created for the MMORPG.com Firefall Founder's Pack Contest either in the video itself or in the video description. Also include your MMORPG.com username in either the video or description as well.

Video links must be submitted via e-mail to community AT mmorpg DOT com with the subject line "Firefall Video Submission". Mis-labeled submissions will be discarded. Please also include your MMORPG.com username in the e-mail body.

All submissions must be made by October 22, 2012.

Contest #2: Screenshots

Ten Winners: One (1) Firefall Ensign Founder's Pack w/ two bonus beta invites each.

Details and Rules:

Select your best Firefall screenshot and post it in the comments below. Please include a short description of what we are looking at. Ensure that your screenshots are posted in reasonable dimensions so as not to break the display of the thread.

All submissions must be made by October 22, 2012.

Winners of both contests will be announced on October 25, 2012. Contest entrants may submit to both contests, though only a single entry in each contest will be accepted.

Additional entries will be disqualified.

UPDATE:

Interested in taking part in our Firefall Founder's Pack contest, but don't have a key into the beta? Don't worry, we've got you covered! Grab a key and get started on your submission!

UPDATE 2: Winners will be announced today (10/26)! Sorry for the delay!

Comments

• delepdelep Member UncommonPosts: 1

My awesome Tier 2 Dreadnaught is shown gliding over beautiful Trans-Hub Command. Gliding in Firefall is so much fun.

• GoldFusionGoldFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1

Rageclaw's fireball incoming towards my Dreadnaught. Someone seems very angry.

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I've gotta say, i was looking forward to try that contest, but when i've read that only people who got invited into the beta could participate, my face went from interested, to "Blah that's so lame" expression, i am obviously unable to participate to the contest since i haven't got access to the beta.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Drakaden
    I've gotta say, i was looking forward to try that contest, but when i've read that only people who got invited into the beta could participate, my face went from interested, to "Blah that's so lame" expression, i am obviously unable to participate to the contest since i haven't got access to the beta.

image even if i had acces to the beta, i found this contest a joke.... What about those who dont have acces huh? Anyone should have acces to this contest..

• SunariesSunaries Member Posts: 1

So.. I heard you like beer? My Dreadnaught ran into this sign. Time to get me some pints after slaughtering many Aranhas in Firefall.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    This is like holding a contest for those with A+ blood type. By the way, is Firefall's beta like other betas where you usually cannot advertise you're in beta?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

It's a Fall, but not of Fire, taking a break behind it before going back into the fray.

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    this game ever gona come out?
  • codealexuscodealexus Member Posts: 1
  • HeinryHeinry Member Posts: 1

I was pretty excited that we found an invisible mountain in my favorite melding thumping spot

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

When the melding struck, everything changed.

But none of them moreso than the extermination business.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Silok

image even if i had acces to the beta, i found this contest a joke.... What about those who dont have acces huh? Anyone should have acces to this contest..

The way they seem to play favorites with people in beta is definitely wierd.  Do they really have no idea that's how it looks, or is that how they want it?  Maybe they think it makes the game seem extra special, like an elite clique or something? Call me jelly if you must, but it just seems obnoxious to me.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

I'm quite annoyed that it's only for beta participants.

What a lame way to sell your game.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    It is a best video contest and the game is in beta. So neeeding to be in beta is not unreasonable. :)
  • Founder's Pack!! I have to take a photo and join! =P

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Scot
    It is a best video contest and the game is in beta. So neeeding to be in beta is not unreasonable. :)

Yeah, except, why make a public contest, for people in a closed beta?  Doesn't that seem a little odd?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• m249sawm249saw Member Posts: 5
    obviously the poster isn't very bright.  I had looked forward to try out this game, but now this "contest" is telling that only certain privileged people can play.  there are lot of games in MMO space, if that's the way this publisher feels, so be it.  I will keep dumping my money into DDO or Neverwinter when it comes out.  
    Originally posted by m249saw
    obviously the poster isn't very bright.  I had looked forward to try out this game, but now this "contest" is telling that only certain privileged people can play.  there are lot of games in MMO space, if that's the way this publisher feels, so be it.  I will keep dumping my money into DDO or Neverwinter when it comes out.  

You and I sir got very similar tastes for this topic, i burnt myself on DDO though, i am expecting Neverwinter with great anticipation, hopefully it will live to our expectations.

Gah whats with the edit option not working on this site? It's the 2nd time i try to edit my post in a topic and the edit doesn't shows up, i mean to type this after the quote:

You and I sir got very similar tastes for this topic, i burnt myself on DDO though, i am expecting Neverwinter with great anticipation, hopefully it will live to our expectations.
  • ArmendiusArmendius Member UncommonPosts: 119

Apart that some screens look indeed bad, I have to agree also that if this kind of events are not public,

keep them inside the house and not post it within a public form.

Players intressted already have the game on the their radar.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Painlezz
    These screens are horrid... Are people running low end systems?  Are beta graphics just bad?  Is the game engine bad?

I'm kind of inching above min requirements, and I suspect many others are considering how tight budgets quickly became.

Its a rather scalable game and people with hardware from roughly 2009 are still more than capable of playing on lowmedium at 30+ FPS while people with newer components can really let it shine.

And I've generally considered that newer games generally look much worse as still pictures than in motion anyways.

• AtavaxAtavax Member Posts: 11

found a hole in the map, this is me falling through the world.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    But you can sign up for beta right? Which was why I thought they were doing a contest. If not then it is odd.
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Originally posted by Silok

I agree with both of you.

Daft contest is daft.

• RagnekRagnek Member Posts: 1
    I'm keen to enter but, and this may sound stupid, isnt the beta still under an NDA? Meaning if we post the video on Youtube and email you the link, we could lose beta access etc?
This discussion has been closed.