Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Anet Comment on Botting

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    How do the bots hurt anybody? What if they were actually a big group of players instead of bots? Would it make you feel better? lol

Because they interfere with your questing, killing all the mobs.

Because they interfere with your harvesting, clearing all the nodes the moment they spawn.

On top of that, they use teleport hacks to instantly go from one spawn point to the other.

It was the same with Aion way back after launch. Entire zones were cleared of mobs by huge bot trains, preventing "real" players from questing!  It was absolutely terrible and was the main reason for me to quit that game at that time. As NCSoft didn't do anything to combat it! Bots that were reported were farming on the exact same spots more than a week later.

Just like with Aion, in GW2 bots are just running around in plain sight of everyone to see. Totally fearless.

Sure there were bots in WoW and EQ2 as well, but at least there they were more careful and sought out remote places, because they were actually scared to be banned.

Bots I reported in both WoW and EQ2 actually dissapeared within a couple hours to a day at most.

That's the difference.

Wrong game

I will say I see bots and get mail, I do understand bots being in every MMO, and I do understand ANET working on the issue, if correct and using common sense, the bots would be fucking with ANET's income? Because if that's not the case, then sure that can be iffy.

Do I see a  lot of bots, no, but i'm aware they can be redundant in [certaint] areas on different servers with different locations.

So, that being said, if it's that much of an issue and somehow effecting you, please be patient, or log off, get some fresh air or play another game, if you must or would rather play another MMO, then do so.

Remember when they do fix or actually clear majority of the botting problem you can come back.

You guys be easy and enjoy your lives, oh and ANET is hiring if you want to fix the problem in the snap of a finger I suggest getting a job at A-NET and fixing the issue in the timely fashion you prefer. In fact this goes out to any who have these short of issues with any game, it's good not to be oblvious but if it's really easy please go fix it. Now if companies like A-NET aren't hiring then refer to my other suggestions.

If my suggestions suck then hey I'm not sorry, nor am I trying to be an asshole, just it is what it is honestly.

Takecare fellas and peace/deuces.

Edited: Actually I decided to come back, forgot to say, it's not a bad thing to keep complaining, because that's how shit gets changed, acting an ass about the complaint doesn't make shit happen faster, only reason I finally am saying my 2 cents now is because I agreed with the posts earlier about botting, and I don't know about you guys but I already can tell A-Net [gets it] "but if they 'get it' why aren't they gone?" because fixing shit like that probally isn't that easy, [DUH].

"How was the OP acting an ass he/she was just making a statement." figure it out yourselves, I also put acusations in same category as acting an ass.

Also to those who keep tryin to act like it's not an issue shut that mess up please, because the bots are there, they may not be a major issue for your server and etc but it's possible esle where.

So am I on sides no not really, though I will be vocal in a few months if the bots [increase] rather than [decrease] so in essence I'll be with the complainers/bitchers lol. 

Now deuces and enjoy life.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    OP, man I'm guessing you must enjoy the drama. Why would you waste so much energy in something that seems to aggravates you to no end. I suggest you try your luck maybe try another server. Other then that you would have to play rpg games cause it's everywhere. I see bot gangs here and there in GW2, do I let it spoil my fun, nope. I know they effect the game negatively, geeeze OP the youtube vids, gw2 posts, yikes, need to be heard I hear ya, I'm with you, it sucks. Hey at least in GW2 they can't take loot or nodes and I notice most of them are killing yellow mobs. I do feel like a tool when I rez one or chat with the nobody. Hell I was on my alt and having trouble with a skill point solo dieing a few times, so I dragged the mob over to a few of them and finished it and moved on. Hey use what you got right? Bottom line, I do my thing my game times limited I'm no bot cop let Anet figure it out it's their job.
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by TdogSkal
    Originally posted by JeroKane Originally posted by Fendel84M How do the bots hurt anybody? What if they were actually a big group of players instead of bots? Would it make you feel better? lol
    Because they interfere with your questing, killing all the mobs. Because they interfere with your harvesting, clearing all the nodes the moment they spawn. On top of that, they use teleport hacks to instantly go from one spawn point to the other.   It was the same with Aion way back after launch. Entire zones were cleared of mobs by huge bot trains, preventing "real" players from questing!  It was absolutely terrible and was the main reason for me to quit that game at that time. As NCSoft didn't do anything to combat it! Bots that were reported were farming on the exact same spots more than a week later. Just like with Aion, in GW2 bots are just running around in plain sight of everyone to see. Totally fearless. Sure there were bots in WoW and EQ2 as well, but at least there they were more careful and sought out remote places, because they were actually scared to be banned. Bots I reported in both WoW and EQ2 actually dissapeared within a couple hours to a day at most. That's the difference.
    How about playing the game before you post about it.  You clearly have never played Guild Wars 2 ever.

Nobody can clear the harvesting nodes for you, they are there until YOU MINE THEM.  Same with mobs and quest.   Mobs spawn so fast that there is zero chance of them clearing all of them.  GW2 is built not to allow bots or others to stop you from progressing and it works very very well.   

Harvesting nodes are per your toon, not anybody else's toon.   There can be 500 bots running around mining and I will still be able to mine every node in the zone.  FACT.

GW2 Bots are also removed within a few days.  I reported 3 bots on Saturday morning and by Sunday they were gone.

Please try and play the game before you talk about it.  You clearly have never played GW2.  

Another hater that has never played the game but is some how an expert on the issues we have.  

Botting is an issue but biggest issue is idiot sellers on the trader selling stuff at a lost because of the tax system and screwing the market up for the rest of us.  When an 18 slot bag costs 2 gold to make after mining all the mats and it sells for 2g 20 silver.  That is not a good profit at all for the time it takes to get the mats.

Thats the gold sellers selling stuff at a lost most of the time. To them its nothing. When you have 20 bots farming 24/7 you can easily sell stuff low (even at a lost to what most others would be able to sell at). To them its doesnt matter since making gold is there primary goal. Rather its selling so low noone else can match it or what have you. You find what people are going to buy the most and you sell it cheaper then anyone else.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    How do the bots hurt anybody? What if they were actually a big group of players instead of bots? Would it make you feel better? lol

Because they interfere with your harvesting, clearing all the nodes the moment they spawn.

On top of that, they use teleport hacks to instantly go from one spawn point to the other.

It was the same with Aion way back after launch. Entire zones were cleared of mobs by huge bot trains, preventing "real" players from questing!  It was absolutely terrible and was the main reason for me to quit that game at that time. As NCSoft didn't do anything to combat it! Bots that were reported were farming on the exact same spots more than a week later.

Just like with Aion, in GW2 bots are just running around in plain sight of everyone to see. Totally fearless.

Sure there were bots in WoW and EQ2 as well, but at least there they were more careful and sought out remote places, because they were actually scared to be banned.

Bots I reported in both WoW and EQ2 actually dissapeared within a couple hours to a day at most.

That's the difference.

You cant have harvesting nodes cleared on you. BOTs suck but they dont clear nodes and when I see them near a DE I am doing they never kill things so fast that I cant get damage in and get credit. I still want all BOTs banned. The problem is a lot of what people call BOTs are farmers.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

OP, that shutdown post is just a red flag that AN is overwhelmed by the bot problem currently.  It has a level of chippiness to it that shows some frustration leaking out.

Given that, it's probably the right call to go dark until they have the banhammer of d00m ready.  If they did a daily "We apologize for the inconvienence, and thank you for your patience" post the actual players would start saying "URGE TO KILL RISING" and troll each one to death.  Silence and speculation that something's happening Soon can't do more damage than timely confirmation that nothing IS happening now.  Still, they way AN's going about it is pretty ham-fisted so far.

And there is absolutely a real problem happening. If you, as a player, haven't seen it for yourself, count your lucky shinies.  If AN can't get it under control you WILL see them eventually, and they WILL start blocking your game in one way or another, as it's just a matter of time if left unchecked.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I have no idea how bad the botting problem is since i did not log in for a couple weeks but most ppl who complain about them seem to argue that they destroy the economy and that is bad since the players have a harder time getting gold.

So they complain that Anet is too slow to deal with a problem which makes it harder for the players to get gold which they can use on gems....

I do not understand that

Don't all of you who complain about botting see that its good for business?

You have a hard time to earn gems with gold so you end up spending money for them and the GW2 fans are doing a great job of discrediting everyone who claims bots are a problem so Anets image is saved sounds like a win win for me and i as a company would have my employees botting as well ;) 

That of course only works if the argument about botting destroying economies is valid tho ;)

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I do NOT understand the point of people defending the botting situation by downplaying it with 'oh look another exaggerated post regarding...' All I can figure is that either the naysayers are true fanbois and feeling 'their game' is being attacked or they buy/sell gold. Or they are just jackasses. There is always that.

The bots are there and all over the place. I've been on 3 servers and they all have bots, in all areas and lots of them. Many are getting much more subtle, many of the names are 'legitimate-ish' and a lot of them are using warping programs rather than running trains (though the trains are still frequent enough but they are still there. Some of the bots both trains and warpers are running in guilds now. *sigh*

I've gotten so used to them, I just report them when I see them if they don't warp/run out of range and then I move on.

If 1K people say it's happening and 50 say not...guess who is the more likely in accuracy.

ANet is just blocking the posts because all it does is incite more upset. The issue is real though. I am sure they are working on it but it's disappointing that they've taken the 'block all comments' approach.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

I have no idea how bad the botting problem is since i did not log in for a couple weeks but most ppl who complain about them seem to argue that they destroy the economy and that is bad since the players have a harder time getting gold.

So they complain that Anet is too slow to deal with a problem which makes it harder for the players to get gold which they can use on gems....

I do not understand that

Don't all of you who complain about botting see that its good for business?

You have a hard time to earn gems with gold so you end up spending money for them and the GW2 fans are doing a great job of discrediting everyone who claims bots are a problem so Anets image is saved sounds like a win win for me and i as a company would have my employees botting as well ;) 

That of course only works if the argument about botting destroying economies is valid tho ;)

GW2 has BOTs, BOTs hurt the in game economy without a doubt. But people keep talking about buying Gems with money like Gems are needed. You dont ever need to buy gems so people saying that BOTs help Anet make money are wrong and dont understand.

Anet is not paying for Botting. Such claims are ridiculous.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I miss the days when there were actually people doing the gold farming.  You know, the guy from country X who had to meet a quota but was basically friendly and would sometimes do an instance run for fun.

I'll still take ANets response over Blizzards non response on the subject.

• OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    This is a major reason why I like these forums: you have a lot of freedom as long as you are not insulting another forum poster. Controversial  and/or "sensitive" topics can often be posted, despite whether or not I agree with them or the majority agrees with them.

Yeah, not really. If you post something that differs from a mods opinion, you'll get slapped. It doesn't have to be rude or violent for them to wave their "I'm King" wand in your face. They are very sensitive to things that might be viewed as negativity towards people that are paying them (ads). You can tell by looking at threads that are closed, who gets warnings etc.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Onecrazyguy
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    This is a major reason why I like these forums: you have a lot of freedom as long as you are not insulting another forum poster. Controversial  and/or "sensitive" topics can often be posted, despite whether or not I agree with them or the majority agrees with them.

Yeah, not really. If you post something that differs from a mods opinion, you'll get slapped. It doesn't have to be rude or violent for them to wave their "I'm King" wand in your face. They are very sensitive to things that might be viewed as negativity towards people that are paying them (ads). You can tell by looking at threads that are closed, who gets warnings etc.

Are you positive that they aren't just similar threads that people could of posted that in instead rather than assuming that someone needs their voice heard?

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I miss the days when there were actually people doing the gold farming.  You know, the guy from country X who had to meet a quota but was basically friendly and would sometimes do an instance run for fun.

I'll still take ANets response over Blizzards non response on the subject.

Robots be taking everybody's jobs, even the gold farmers.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Konfess

I don’t believe anyone is botting. I suspect there are no botts. What you think are botts are the accounts of under 18 y.o. whose parents have told them not to talk to strangers on the internet. Some of these accounts could possibly be adults who are watching TV as they play, and are playing the game without watching the screen often.

The real problem as I read it, you are playing a game that the typical playstyle can be confused for botting. A game you can play while watching TV, reading a book, or walking on a treadmill. Don’t hate on these players, because the game play is so simplistic.

They have made their way to this higher level content, with or without interacting with other people. Why should Anet or anyone spoil their fun now?

The reason the Anet posts sound like we know better is because they have made contact with the supposed botts. And guess what? They found players at the keyboards. If a GM gets notice of a bot they will send a tell. Some players will not respond to other players tells and may have all tells blocked in options. System messages and GM tells will get through, and may even be answered. In that case a player is found at the keyboard, and it is assumed that the play style in question of being a bot is in fact a player. No harm and no foul. The player reporting the botting on the other hand has a strike against them, for making a false report.

Actually Anet have acknowledged the problem, which makes your supposition....well wrong. Legitimate players don't farm the same  20x20 area 24/7 nor do they teleport from node to node. Nor do they run into a piece of scenery indefinately. Or stand in the same spot firing regardless of whether mobs are there or not etc.etc.

Sorry your just wrong. Watch some of the videos and lol at how unsophisticated a lot of these bots are.

• Medicated03Medicated03 Member UncommonPosts: 40

That's the difference.

How about playing the game before you post about it.  You clearly have never played Guild Wars 2 ever.

Nobody can clear the harvesting nodes for you, they are there until YOU MINE THEM.  Same with mobs and quest.   Mobs spawn so fast that there is zero chance of them clearing all of them.  GW2 is built not to allow bots or others to stop you from progressing and it works very very well.   

Harvesting nodes are per your toon, not anybody else's toon.   There can be 500 bots running around mining and I will still be able to mine every node in the zone.  FACT.

GW2 Bots are also removed within a few days.  I reported 3 bots on Saturday morning and by Sunday they were gone.

Please try and play the game before you talk about it.  You clearly have never played GW2.  

Another hater that has never played the game but is some how an expert on the issues we have.  

Botting is an issue but biggest issue is idiot sellers on the trader selling stuff at a lost because of the tax system and screwing the market up for the rest of us.  When an 18 slot bag costs 2 gold to make after mining all the mats and it sells for 2g 20 silver.  That is not a good profit at all for the time it takes to get the mats.  This is the way it was intended lol.. the trading post was desighned to stop anyone making money... its not an issue as such but an intended part of the game, firstly there is very little need for gold, secondly a global trading post that pits 1 million+ players drops all in the same pool , bot are not affecting this it was always gonna be satuarated, Anet did not want people to controll markets or flip items to gain huge sums of gold, this would increase  the need for people to buy gems , the whole point of the economy in GW2 is was to make you buy/sell gems and to keep the "everyones even" theory.  Bottom line is your not supposed to be making profits , some people still do manage to make small ammounts from minor flipping but playing the AH in this game was never intended to be doable, also with as you rightly pointed out individual nodes for everyone crafted items values are almost non existant, this is due to no one fighting over nodes, it makes us all gather tons while we just cruise around, when you add the %50 + of players that dont craft and just sell those mats you have total market saturation. This again was the real reason behind individual nodes, it also does give the bots an ability to ruin the economy further as they can telport farm mats all day HOWEVER the economy was meant to be broken from day 1 and will never be profitable to craft, sell items or materials due to a pool of potentially millions of vendors ....

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358
    One thing I will agree with the OP on, the new Anet guys are extremely condescending.  They're pricks.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Also blame the people who buy from those gold selling site's, if none would buy gold this problem woulnt eve excists in mmo's.

How can you blame any studio for something the players create themselves ?
    They have the banhammer and it will hit hard, but each report has to be investigated so hardcore grinders aint getting banned by some moron reporting anything that is farming.

Hilarious to see these kind of posts and blaming game studio's.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I wont say there are no bots but you can go to certain areas in the game even the op posted links to the most common areas to find botters and whats bad is they do it in areas that have high traffic not some hole in the wall area like most other mmo's. But I have seen this same kind of botting in EQ2 at launch and after FTP even seen this in areas of WoW and alot of other games. Whats funny though is I stood at the bridge in Kessex hills where the centaur attack and reported the botters and watched then disapear and 5 or 10 mins later another train shows up all differant names and start all over again. I even followed a botter to a merchant one day and back to his spot reported him once he got started and he went away and then a few minutes later another appeared in the same spot and was auto attacking everything.

But in all games I have played I have seen this happen from Pay to Play to Free to play games I have even seen botters in games during beta Rift was one that I seen botters in beta and had a friend tell me he was not going to play it because of it. And yeah they cause problems but we as players can only do one thing report them.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by Medicated03

Originally posted by Fendel84M How do the bots hurt anybody? What if they were actually a big group of players instead of bots? Would it make you feel better? lol
    Because they interfere with your questing, killing all the mobs. Because they interfere with your harvesting, clearing all the nodes the moment they spawn. On top of that, they use teleport hacks to instantly go from one spawn point to the other.   It was the same with Aion way back after launch. Entire zones were cleared of mobs by huge bot trains, preventing "real" players from questing!  It was absolutely terrible and was the main reason for me to quit that game at that time. As NCSoft didn't do anything to combat it! Bots that were reported were farming on the exact same spots more than a week later. Just like with Aion, in GW2 bots are just running around in plain sight of everyone to see. Totally fearless. Sure there were bots in WoW and EQ2 as well, but at least there they were more careful and sought out remote places, because they were actually scared to be banned. Bots I reported in both WoW and EQ2 actually dissapeared within a couple hours to a day at most. That's the difference.
    How about playing the game before you post about it.  You clearly have never played Guild Wars 2 ever. Nobody can clear the harvesting nodes for you, they are there until YOU MINE THEM.  Same with mobs and quest.   Mobs spawn so fast that there is zero chance of them clearing all of them.  GW2 is built not to allow bots or others to stop you from progressing and it works very very well.    Harvesting nodes are per your toon, not anybody else's toon.   There can be 500 bots running around mining and I will still be able to mine every node in the zone.  FACT. GW2 Bots are also removed within a few days.  I reported 3 bots on Saturday morning and by Sunday they were gone. Please try and play the game before you talk about it.  You clearly have never played GW2.   Another hater that has never played the game but is some how an expert on the issues we have.   Botting is an issue but biggest issue is idiot sellers on the trader selling stuff at a lost because of the tax system and screwing the market up for the rest of us.  When an 18 slot bag costs 2 gold to make after mining all the mats and it sells for 2g 20 silver.  That is not a good profit at all for the time it takes to get the mats.  This is the way it was intended lol.. the trading post was desighned to stop anyone making money... its not an issue as such but an intended part of the game, firstly there is very little need for gold, secondly a global trading post that pits 1 million+ players drops all in the same pool , bot are not affecting this it was always gonna be satuarated, Anet did not want people to controll markets or flip items to gain huge sums of gold, this would increase  the need for people to buy gems , the whole point of the economy in GW2 is was to make you buy/sell gems and to keep the "everyones even" theory.  Bottom line is your not supposed to be making profits , some people still do manage to make small ammounts from minor flipping but playing the AH in this game was never intended to be doable, also with as you rightly pointed out individual nodes for everyone crafted items values are almost non existant, this is due to no one fighting over nodes, it makes us all gather tons while we just cruise around, when you add the %50 + of players that dont craft and just sell those mats you have total market saturation. This again was the real reason behind individual nodes, it also does give the bots an ability to ruin the economy further as they can telport farm mats all day HOWEVER the economy was meant to be broken from day 1 and will never be profitable to craft, sell items or materials due to a pool of potentially millions of vendors ....

Bots disapaear in WOW ? you joined a battleground lately ? lets say from 2007 to now ?
    You mined ore lately ? lets say 2004 and now ?
    Blizzard condone bots as they pay a sub, they benefit from bots each month...

I think Blizzard's WoW has the most bots out of any mmo currently on the market, there are hundreds of these power leveling and gold selling site's for WoW.
    Surely a company with blizzards endles funds is able to shut those sited down in a eyeblink ?
    Nothing even close, some site's are up for many many many years and doin good business.

Guildwars 2 is no exception, but get your facts straight before spitting out trash.
    Each mining node in the world is for you only, you can have 50000 people mining that same node and only you see that node empty once mined.
    same goes for mobs, i can hit it once and get credit for it and loot my own loot.
    You can tag up with bots in GW2 and make a profit out of it, unlike in other mmo's where bots steal your kills and loot.

Hilarious to read ignorant posts about gw2 when they dont even understand how stuff works :D

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    The game with the largest number of bots and cheaters in pvp was GW1. FA and JQ were sometimes unplayable.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Henge of Denravi server.

Saw trains of ranger bots in lornars Pass killing imps and jotun. It was quite amusing. I will see if they are still around and take some screenshots.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

I'm going to take the gloves off here for a minute and generally be flat out rude. I am posting this here, because if I do on the main forums they will delete it and give me an infraction for it. 

As of today the thread on botting is now closed. 

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/On-Botting-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-It/page/12

It is 12 pages long and has 566 replies along with 84,516 views.

This is the final comment before it was closed.

The entire post comes off as condescending. Every hour are you kidding me? Mike (the one in charge of security) has not said a peep about botting since the original post was made on Sept 27th. In that time people have primarily posted screenshots, made comments about reporting bots and made comments on where they are finding bots. 

As of now the problem is worse than it was two weeks ago or even a month ago. The game is saturated with bots at most high lvl events. At this time the botters have zero fear of Anet. They bot openly 24/7 in clear view of all others players. 

I like this game.

I want to enjoy this game.

However, if this continues for another month and they keep their mouths shut about it. I will for the first time.. be encouraging people to leave this game. Both my friends and on the forums that I go to. It is out of control and they SHOULD have been better prepared for it. 

from the term "personal information" what you didint understanded ?

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

(Snip...)

Not to split hairs but at least in this game, resource nodes are instanced so the bots can't harvest your nodes, only you can.

Otherwise, good post.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Originally posted by Acebets70

Ummmm im in a lvl 65 zone andi see 2 huge bot trains running around... OP isnt lying but its ok if you wanna pretend there is no BOT problem... 

[mod edit]

I logged in just yesterday to do some grinding for low-level crafting mats in Queensdale (keeping all my tradeskills current with the zone(s) I'm in) and quickly logged back out in disgust. All the grinding spots for said mats are simply infested with bots, teleporting ones at that.

Arenanet just doesn't seem to care at this point, and the fanboys ignoring the problem aren't helping things. In fact, I'd say they're making it worse by acting like a bunch of Arenanet 'yes men'.

The by your own logic you are then, an ANet 'no-man'.

Was that a fair assessment of you, or was it dismissive?

Enough said about labels....

ALL the grinding spots are INFESTED with bots? - wow - you should post pictures of the many, many, many grinding spots in the game on a website to highlight the problem!

.... see what I did there?

My penultimate point is - how do the bots stop you grinding? - you just tag the mobs with some damage and you get full drops. yes it will slow you down a bit if they are everywhere, and you are moving around, but please - everywhere?

And finally - they are working on bots - the game has bots, I have posted piccies of bots at both bases in Cursed Shore myself.

I don't expect them to deal with the problem instantly - name one MMO company who has ever been able to do that?

I also don't feel an urge to 'log out in disgust' - they simply don't impact sufficiently on me, because they aren't everywhere and they cannot (unless they are in truly significant numbers which I have never seen in well over 100 hours of play) lock me out of content or it's full rewards by their presence.

It seems to me you saw some bots, got annoyed about it as many people do, but then massively overreacted and posted about it.

There will of course be times when bots interfere to some degree with what you want to do specifically. A significant delay in ANet delaing with them would indeed be poor - but we aren't nearly there yet.... 

ANet does'nt care about it?

.... please....

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

BOTS don't affect your grind
    BOTS don't affect the nodes you collect
    BOTS don't affect your pvp experience
    BOTS don't affect dungeons and events

BOTS DO affect the trading post economy
    ^ that's the biggest concern. The more people buy gold from them, the more email spam you will receive and the more bots you will see, however the amount of email spam I've gotten lately has been drastically cut down so Anet must've done something.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

In GW2 there isn't a reson to care about bots TBH because loot stealing can't happen. The only reason you should care about bots is if they break the events they are located in. Bots also keep goods cheap

/thread

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher