Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update Notes- Oct. 7

2»

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by halflife25

Oh boy..Thief gets another kick on the butt. Someone must really love WARRIORS at ANET as it is capable of destroying anything in its path and still managed to stay away from nerf bat.

And yes i play Warrior and i am enjoying being OP. Thank you Anet. I stand in middle of  enemy like a BOSS.

Lol, Warriors are pretty good, but I'd be careful what you wish for. I wouldn't say warriors are OP atm, I'd say they are probably the only class that is more or less in a perfect place atm. They're exactly what they should be. However, in the first game warriors were in a similar position (really good pressure, and could be specced for good burst), and now they are more or less useless. It could happen again (though I hope not).

As for thiefs, they are more OP than warriors atm. Yes, warriors have some really nice defensive skills, but thieves have built in avoidance all over the place. Thieves are one of the only classes atm that can go full offensive and still avoid a lot of damage. They also have a lot of disengage abilities, so they are really annoying to fight in general. When I PvP on my thief I barely have to try most fights. Shadowstep in, spam a few attack skills, port back out. People die fast and can't catch me. The most annoying thing with thieves atm, is the ones that do spec more defensive (acrobatics) are even harder to kill, but still do sick damage.

I think people saw the thief nerfs coming for weeks now. Mesmers also got nerfed a bit too. But again, there's a reason these two classes were so popular in PvP. This was coming for a while now.

I play both thief and Warrior actually.

On my warrior i am specced into toughness and power all the way. And honestly i feel like i am on god mode sometimes. I get focused fired a lot since that is the only way to take me down. The only thing about Thief is avoidance and how qickly you can hit port. Otherwise Thief are already very squishy. If they are nerfing their damage maybe they should beef up some defense because these changes effect PVE side too and ORR is prety nasty.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Good thieves will still gib you without PW, PW made them even harder to deal with- the dumb thieves relied far too heavily on PW, it isn't even funny. But there's still the backstab thieves that you worry about. My thief is mainly pistol/pistol with alot of toughness and almost 23K health, not exactly squishy and can still do good damage.

As for warrior, any warrior that pops frenzy are made of paper, they'll take much more damage from you when it's up.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Saw the mesmer nerf incoming...

Just because 99 out of 100 people don't use the op variant (popping 2 pistoleers and a swordsman) it doesn't mean it's less OP.

Burst damage on a clever mesmer spawning three phantasms asap and then shattering them is just insanely high. And toning down cooldowns only fixes this so far...

M

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Guys.. I don't know about you, but one thing makes me extremely happy.. CAMERA SMOOTHNESS IS FIXED!! Who cares about other minor stuff. Now I can actually play! =D

It really makes all the difference.

Eat me!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by CookieTime

Guys.. I don't know about you, but one thing makes me extremely happy.. CAMERA SMOOTHNESS IS FIXED!! Who cares about other minor stuff. Now I can actually play! =D

It really makes all the difference.

Im amaized by this. Many folks have asked for it but I don't even notice a difference...

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Mavek
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

Damn, I wish I was as good at games as you are

lol

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by eggy08
    haha knew the pistol whip reduction was coming:)

meh, double daggers still the best way to go. Does far too much damage. just watch my friend 2 shot people constantly.

They nerfed both HS and PW, coming up next? your friends favorate move, backstab...

The problem with the thief is that in spvp there is really only one viable way to play a thief, squishy and looking to kill. They need to add more options to the thief if they plan on taking away all of its weapons.

It is nice to see the Guardian and Mesmers getting some nerfs cause they are ridiculous right now.

Venom share is viable in a decent group.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

camera smoothing is reduced by some, but it's still there.

Are they ever going to add new stuff to the game?

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by adam_nox

camera smoothing is reduced by some, but it's still there.

Are they ever going to add new stuff to the game?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366828/Structured-Player-vs-Player-The-Iceberg.html

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Oh boy..Thief gets another kick on the butt. Someone must really love WARRIORS at ANET as it is capable of destroying anything in its path and still managed to stay away from nerf bat.

And yes i play Warrior and i am enjoying being OP. Thank you Anet. I stand in middle of  enemy like a BOSS.

"Warrior us OP."

"Thief  is OP."

"Mesmer is OP."

"Ele is OP."

"Engineer is OP."

"Ranger is OP."

"Necro is OP."

"Guardian is OP."

Before and after nerfs.

Past,present,and future.

I digg my warrior, I was prime Guardian but really am having more fun with my Warrior.The warrior could be OP, but then as the quotes above, I get confused, I'm starting to think nerfs or no nerfs, somehow all proffesions are OP...least that's what I hear in game ha ha(dead ass).

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by RizelStar

"Warrior us OP."

"Thief  is OP."

"Mesmer is OP."

"Ele is OP."

"Engineer is OP."

"Ranger is OP."

"Necro is OP."

"Guardian is OP."

Before and after nerfs.

Past,present,and future.

I digg my warrior, I was prime Guardian but really am having more fun with my Warrior.The warrior could be OP, but then as the quotes above, I get confused, I'm starting to think nerfs or no nerfs, somehow all proffesions are OP...least that's what I hear in game ha ha(dead ass).

Engineer has never received an "It's OP" complaint lol and ranger really hasn't either. Most of the others receive complaints in different situations. 

In PvP Warrior would pop off a 20k damage attack which is OP, Guardian has ret up so the Warrior calls the Guardian OP because they get a good portion of that damage back. If the Warriors attack was brought within the realm of reasonable the complaint about Guardians ret wouldn't be made, but since they do so much damage they are taking a ton of damage. Same with thief, the massive damage out put is causing them to complain about Guardians Ret ability. 

Mesmer gets complained about in PvP because they can spike massive damage like the warrior by summoning some phantasms and exploding them and it's considered OP also some complain about the clones that make it hard to finish off a mesmer but that is simply working as intended. 

Necro and Guardian both get called OP because in PvP they are hard to take down. 

In PvP Thief was considered OP because they can stealth and do some massive damage that would mess up a lot of lower skilled players. 

Not much else falls in the realm of OP. 

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    (...)

"Warrior us OP."

"Thief  is OP."

"Mesmer is OP."

"Ele is OP."

"Engineer is OP."

"Ranger is OP."

"Necro is OP."

"Guardian is OP."

Before and after nerfs.

Past,present,and future.

(...)

Mesmer gets complained about in PvP because they can spike massive damage like the warrior by summoning some phantasms and exploding them and it's considered OP also some complain about the clones that make it hard to finish off a mesmer but that is simply working as intended. 

Most people just don't get the mesmer. They think its a pet class and complain about illusions and clones not having enough staying power, saying they're supposed to stay all the way through a fight, they're not tanking enough bla bla yadayada. 

The nerf just consolidates the fact that mesmer spike damage is insane if the class is played right. You need to consider illusions/clones as walking bombs, use them or lose them.

In PvP Thief was considered OP because they can stealth and do some massive damage that would mess up a lot of lower skilled players. 

Nerf was incoming because of the fact that there were some 1-button builds in thief play, one was heartseeker spam, the other one was pistol whip. I bet my pocket money that the next one will be CnD spam. Even with the cooldown it's still broken to the point were there are max-damage builds that center around spamming Cloak and Dagger, Autoattack and Backstab. All in all, thief has some serious balancing problems, not as much as it is UP, but the skills don't synergize very well e.g. CnD spam being the most DPS build in PvE by far. To the point were a S/D setup or skirmisher D/D setup doesn't even compare anymore.

M

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

They killed Kenny... err, I mean mesmer. Way to go, dear ANet, way to go. Knee jerk all the way, baby.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).