Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Structured Player vs. Player: The Iceberg

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

I remember the last time a ship went out to sea and tried to take on an iceberg...

Sounds good. But I'm sure we'll get something from the Guild vs Guild people though. Besides that it seems nice.

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

This seems very nice, can't wait for Custom Arena and Tournament.

Originally posted by eggy08 I remember the last time a ship went out to sea and tried to take on an iceberg... Sounds good. But I'm sure we'll get something from the Guild vs Guild people though. Besides that it seems nice.

I heard a rumor that they will implement GvG in the future (I'm not sure, may be I'm wrong). But Guild Hall is definitely coming in the future patches soon.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    I want the Observe Mode... image

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    A possible beginning to GW2 on the E-sports scene?
  • grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Dragonantis
    A possible beginning to GW2 on the E-sports scene?

It was always their goal. image

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Doesn't really pop anywhere at all for me. I chuckled at the 'when its ready' comment considering they seemed far from ready with a lot of the issues but eh, another story there.

Bothers me a bit with the 'paid' tornament. Seems like more of a money grab then anything. Doubt to many will bother with it, maybe if they actually let people win prize pots but its just gimmicky junk and a few gems which only are useable in the game not able to be traded for real money. 

Custom Areans I KNOW will be bought with gems which is just another pit. Its a cool idea but I'd be stupid not to expect it being a money grab. Its probably the only thing I seen that really stuck out and it urks me because I know full well their reasoning and most likely the custom arena will just be more so a change of scenery without all that much customization, which lets face it, you can only customize so much. It doesn't really seem like outside friends its going to be to much use but I can see ways that it can be used competitively. 

I just can't shake the feeling that they are leaning at things purely for profit and neglecting features like leaderboard, something that is likely far more wanted then what they are adding now, just for the fact it earns $0 for having it.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I'm not sure i like the 3 tiers of SPvP.  Random SPvP is fine, but Paid & Custom Tournaments just seems odd.  Why not just have them the same?
  • amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Custom Areans I KNOW will be bought with gems which is just another pit. Its a cool idea but I'd be stupid not to expect it being a money grab. Its probably the only thing I seen that really stuck out and it urks me because I know full well their reasoning and most likely the custom arena will just be more so a change of scenery without all that much customization, which lets face it, you can only customize so much. It doesn't really seem like outside friends its going to be to much use but I can see ways that it can be used competitively. 

You don't have to buy gems if you don't intend to rent the servers and manage your Arena tournament by yourself.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery
    I want the Observe Mode... image

This ^

WIthout this feature it's impossible for GW2 to ever become an e-sport, which supposedly was one of their major goals. It's wierd to see it listed in passing, instead of highlighted as a major upcoming feature.

I like the changes they added, but spectator mode really should be on there as well. I'd argue it's more important than the changes they added.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You drop tournament tickets all the time I've got like 20+ in the bank
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by amadeuz

This seems very nice, can't wait for Custom Arena and Tournament.

Originally posted by eggy08 I remember the last time a ship went out to sea and tried to take on an iceberg... Sounds good. But I'm sure we'll get something from the Guild vs Guild people though. Besides that it seems nice.

I heard a rumor that they will implement GvG in the future (I'm not sure, may be I'm wrong). But Guild Hall is definitely coming in the future patches soon.

this is from a year ago so not sure they changed their minds but

http://lorehound.com/news/more-guild-wars-2-pvp-talk-no-gvg-re-confirmed/

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

You can buy gems from other players with in game gold. You can earn tournament tickets by playing in the free tournaments. Professional players have sponsors (war machine anyone?). Renting custom arenas and structured competitive tournament play will be highly used. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Awesome post! can't wait for custom servers and observer mode! There are times when the enemy team just seems too good, its always good to be able to go back and watch what happened, so I hope they have some recording features as well.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

They can say "dammit" in a news article and I can't type "damn" in Guild or party chat.

Alrighty then.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Been doing quite a bit of sPvP lately and having a blast in fact got in to it with a warrior last nite with the name Aerowyn in it they were on the other team and did not let me hurt them the nuked me but it was fun. If it was Aerowyn then props to you for being the first warrior to take out my mesmer :).

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Pivotelite
    They can say "dammit" in a news article and I can't type "damn" in Guild or party chat. Alrighty then.
    ^ heh comical.

Originally posted by nolic1

Been doing quite a bit of sPvP lately and having a blast in fact got in to it with a warrior last nite with the name Aerowyn in it they were on the other team and did not let me hurt them the nuked me but it was fun. If it was Aerowyn then props to you for being the first warrior to take out my mesmer :).

haha yea that was me:)

Originally posted by Aerowyn

You in the mmorpg.com guild? we should do some tourneys if so :)

Originally posted by Kuppa

I'm not actually.. in my own guild... pm me if you see me online later.. usually on evenings EST

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

In my opinion, though sPvP is going the right direction and professions getting nice stuff. I still think there are quite some things that should have been dealt with during the beta's. Not saying they cant do it now.... but some things feels to buggy and not looked at to make an finished impression (looking at skillbugs, tournament system, downed/underwater state). But tbh i didnt even see that much fixes during the beta either... they kinda started balancing stuff before it was even working..

still really enjoy gw2 and still think arenanet rules... but sometimes i do wish they did it a bit smoother

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'm not actually.. in my own guild... pm me if you see me online later.. usually on evenings EST

I'm looking to start some sPvP action pretty soon here. Been 100% focused on PvE at this point.

So by the time they patch in this stuff (hopefully towards end of October) I"ll be 80 and looking to start doing more PvP (WvW and sPvP)

Originally posted by BadSpock

I'm looking to start some sPvP action pretty soon here. Been 100% focused on PvE at this point.

So by the time they patch in this stuff (hopefully towards end of October) I"ll be 80 and looking to start doing more PvP (WvW and sPvP)

been mostly the same although i'd say 90% PVE:) PVP for me is always my endgame for themeparks and ill generally stick around as long as I find the PVP enjoyable

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    I want observer mode. Everything else is useless for me.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Sounds like some great pvp features.
    Originally posted by BadSpock

been mostly the same although i'd say 90% PVE:) PVP for me is always my endgame for themeparks and ill generally stick around as long as I find the PVP enjoyable

Ive been doing quite a lot of pvp, but I still suck at it. Its a lot of fun though!