Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?

Comments

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by starwarsnut
    Originally posted by Arakazi

Are you seriously considering making a website dedicated to something you hate? What a waste of time! Actually... this kinda reminds me of some overused plot you get from some crime drama like CSI. We've all seen it.. the one where a celebrity has a stalker and when they break into the guys home there are dozens newspaper articles about the said celebrity stuck to the walls like post-it notes. The mandatory messages of hate scribbled acrsoss the wall in thick red inky letters all pointing to the fact that the stalker is not in full controlk of his faculties. I particularly like when the camera zooms in to a picture with a knife thrust into one of the eyes.

I can imagine your website looking something that, except instead of a celeb you have a pantheon of developers to vent your hate to and for the centre piece of your alter of hatred you should have a twisted and torn figure of a Jedi with a lightsaber thrust in his anus.

Or you can just move on with your life. There will be no more Star Wars MMO for at least 10 years, I'm sure Bioware or EA paid a lot of cash to Lucsarts for the rights to publish and use the Star Wars brand and I'm pretty certain one of the contracts would state that EA/Bioware pay the millions of dollars on condition they have exclusive rights for x number of years. So forget about another Star Wars MMO.

WOW.. id say if anyone needs help its you geesh man. It was an idea and consideration if it offends u this much to say what you did here then you have much larger issues then me making a website holy crap man LOL.

I was just yanking your chain. I have no feelings towards SWTOR other than mild disapointment. Certainly not violence, no, I put violence behind me when I left prison. Electric shock therapy and years of heavy medication may have helped as well and so being chained to the radiator.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    Just what the internet needs - another website complaining about something frivilous and unimportant. 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Good grief. Just get over it already.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    World hungry?....nah. aids research?....nah. cancer prevention?....nah. i know a site protesting swtor....yeah!
  • jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Didnt this game go Free 2 Play and then release some big patch that let you see twilek titties? 

Yeah SWTOR is now a mature F2P MMO that focuses soley on ERPing in the imaginitve childhood fantasy world of Star Wars. 

Liam Neeson also voices every character now, even the chicks, so basically all you do is have sex with a bunch of busty blue babes with the voice of qui-gon-jin. 

Also I heard Richard Garriot plays SWTOR from Space, while Brad Mcquaid plays on a 56k connection in hell. I mean, He did sell his soul to Satan afterall (SOE).

• aerelisaerelis Member Posts: 56
    people already know it for what it is, no point in beating a dead horse. You I am sure jut like me had high hopes, and they got crushed.

Aere Bourne

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

Ive been considering making a site that main goals are this"

1. A detailed list showing how many have quit and why. (the quit list)

2.Informing people truthfully about the game not bieng a carebear everythings ok site like darthcarebear

3. People can freely express their view about swtor and why its so bad in thier view. (the forums on this site will allow true freedom of speech only exception would be spam you could really say it like it is)

4.The site would give people considering playing it real honest raw info good or bad 

More would be added. Would you be willing to join thi site and post your views and why you quit let me know? The goal in the end though is to get enough truthful (negative most would say) publicity about the game to either get it shut down or for EA to realize they could fix this mess. Id prefer to get it shut down but highly doubt it lol.

THIS IS AN IDEA AND SOMETHING IM CONSIDERING <-- There is no site in reality or being made just a question and idea

I was able to figure out not to buy SWToR by everything I read before release. It just sounds like you're cranky you couldn't figure it out yourself. 

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I think most people are pointing out that OP's proposed site would either be pointless, fruitless, or time better used for something more constructive. These are all valid points, but none of us are OP.

If OP is so hung up on SWTOR, or EA in general, who are we to say how he should spend his time or energy.

If OP thinks it would be cathartic, go for it I guess. Just prepare for the eventuality that your hatred of a thousand suns may burn itself out; and that isn't a bad thing.

There, I got to play pop pyschologist too. (You should have expected diagnoses OP)

And OP, remember in case you suddenly find yourself the leader of a nation.

Boycott = An internationally acceptable form of protest.

Blockade = An act of war.

Have fun storming the castle.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

i still fail to see where all the hate is coming from, it is a BioWare game, made by BioWare, based on another BioWare game made by BioWare and if you had played any BioWarwe game the bast years you would have known perfectly well what you were getting in to.

It was even stated here on this site several times that it was going to be pretty much what it turned out to be. It is a nice little mmo with a great story for most of it that really missed the bus by not going the F2P route. Should BW have gone in to the MMO market.. No, it is not really their thing and they lack the skillset to make a really good MMO but that being said i still think it is unfair to blame BW for the death of SWG (in my opinion this is the only "logic" place for such hate to come from.) as that game was seriously dead long before that, not even the free gametime after the hack-snafu brought any life back to it.

As for supporting any hate-site. Not something i am going to do. I have better things to do.

This have been a good conversation

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Instead of spreading hate (even for a game) on a website, why don't you take your supposed plethora of time and money, get some investors together, and MAKE that great game you wish SW:TOR could have been?  I think that would have been a much more constructive idea, but that's just me.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Not really, why pour water on a sinking ship?

There must be better things to expose and boycot.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

I think most people are pointing out that OP's proposed site would either be pointless, fruitless, or time better used for something more constructive. These are all valid points, but none of us are OP.

If OP is so hung up on SWTOR, or EA in general, who are we to say how he should spend his time or energy.

If OP thinks it would be cathartic, go for it I guess. Just prepare for the eventuality that your hatred of a thousand suns may burn itself out; and that isn't a bad thing.

There, I got to play pop pyschologist too. (You should have expected diagnoses OP)

I see where you are coming from but the other side of the argument is, the OP is asking for opinions... and is getting them.

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

I see where you are coming from but the other side of the argument is, the OP is asking for opinions... and is getting them.

I concur.

It is kind of silly to ask for feedback and then rail against it.

Something about sitting on a pot and something, something, something.

Maybe OP should ask himself WWGLD?

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565
    I think it is enough to not play it. And not to buy any more EA-games. Most people that play it recognize its bad... And EA/Bioware knows it failed... Of course, I would not recommend it if someone is looking for a game.
  • Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405

It's a game, either play it or don't. I really can't fathom the amount of angst some people build up over video games. If the game wasn't what you expected or wanted, either don't buy it, or move on if you did buy it. I made the mistake of purchasing Warhammer and STO at release, should I be bashing them relentlessly? No thanks, I have better things to do.

I can't understand why people are saying that they feel tricked by a game. The company advertised it, the same as a movie. Players helped fuel the hype. Wasting part of your life fueled by hate for a video game... well that's just sad.

If SWTOR wasn't the game you wanted, kicking the dead horse isn't really going to solve your problems.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230
    well apparantly the responses have gone from love or leave it be positive to i should make a site to cure aids and hunger and more lol. Interesting well id say im not gonna bother with this "idea" and btw thats all it was. Find it funny though that amount of hatred i can generate for the idea but not the site go figure lol
  • william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

2.Informing people truthfully about the game not bieng a carebear everythings ok site like darthcarebear

3. People can freely express their view about swtor and why its so bad in thier view. (the forums on this site will allow true freedom of speech only exception would be spam you could really say it like it is)

4.The site would give people considering playing it real honest raw info good or bad 

More would be added. Would you be willing to join thi site and post your views and why you quit let me know? The goal in the end though is to get enough truthful (negative most would say) publicity about the game to either get it shut down or for EA to realize they could fix this mess. Id prefer to get it shut down but highly doubt it lol.

THIS IS AN IDEA AND SOMETHING IM CONSIDERING <-- There is no site in reality or being made just a question and idea

No, I wouldn't. A negative site is a negative site. If you made a website, listed all mmo features that have been or could be and let people vote on them and discuss things they would like to see in an mmo I would probably sign up for it.Let the past die, and look to the future lol, I can sit here all day long and be pissed that the Louisianna purchase was too expensive, but in all honesty we can't change the past(I'm not saying the Louisianna purchase was a  bad deal, I just think we should have gotten a Carribean Island in the deal as well).

The developers at Bioware are probably all one step off the ledge of the building in Bioware Austins headquarters(if they haven't been fired), I see no reason to create more negativity and crap on them. Conversations and topics of what you would like to see added or changed can be construed as constructive, but I hate X game sites shrivel up and die fairly fast(trust me, I was involved in some when the NGE came around, but thats a whole different level of hate). You'll end up with a site with the same 10 people posting the same ten hate threads over and over. It's a waste of time.

Just my opinion.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by william0532

No, I wouldn't. A negative site is a negative site. If you made a website, listed all mmo features that have been or could be and let people vote on them and discuss things they would like to see in an mmo I would probably sign up for it. I can sit here all day long and be pissed that the Louisianna purchase was too expensive, but in all honesty we can't change the past(I'm not saying the Louisianna purchase was a  bad deal, I just think we should have gotten a Carribean Island in the deal as well).

The developers at Bioware are probably all one step off the ledge of the building in Bioware Austins headquarters(if they haven't been fired), I see no reason to create more negativity and crap on them. Conversations and topics of what you would like to see added or changed can be construed as constructive, but I hate X game sites shrivel up and die fairly fast(trust me, I was involved in some when the NGE came around, but thats a whole different level of hate). You'll end up with a site with the same 10 people posting the same ten hate threads over and over. It's a waste of time.

Just my opinion.

well ive got 8 pages of hate and rage for the idea though lol

No, I wouldn't. A negative site is a negative site. If you made a website, listed all mmo features that have been or could be and let people vote on them and discuss things they would like to see in an mmo I would probably sign up for it. I can sit here all day long and be pissed that the Louisianna purchase was too expensive, but in all honesty we can't change the past(I'm not saying the Louisianna purchase was a  bad deal, I just think we should have gotten a Carribean Island in the deal as well).

Just my opinion.

well ive got 8 pages of hate and rage for the idea though lol

You should have seen forums when SOE dropped the bomb that is the NGE. That was a nerd rage unrivaled by any game since. Truly an enormous cry heard throughout the internet lol

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Bioware had the chanse to create a mindblowing mmo, they failed on that.
    Big budget and nothing to show for.
    EA once again proved to the world what they are, hungry money wolves that do not care for their playerbase.

They had a shot at the world championship but went flat on their face by greed, lack of community comunication and just bad game design and mechanics.

Many mmo players would never ever buy a bioware product or EA product again, i say thats more then enough to boycot these failure of a studio's.

There is a saying:

You can fool me once, but you cant fool me twice.

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Because some games!! Really are just made to cheat you out of money. Swtor is one such game. All the mmo vetts in the world was watching the develpment of swtor for 5 years all along singing the same songs of what they wanted the game to be like... It was sold to us by use of elaborate cunning and clever cinematic trailers which blew the hype out of proportion for how the game turned out!! And to think they forced soe to pull the plug on swg just to ensure this new star wars game gets its best start sales wise was so low and vicious. i new i would hate swtor because it has the EA logo on.

I can sit here all day long and be pissed that the Louisianna purchase was too expensive, but in all honesty we can't change the past(I'm not saying the Louisianna purchase was a  bad deal, I just think we should have gotten a Carribean Island in the deal as well).

Just my opinion.

This is the first time I have ever heard this opinion in my life. If anything, SWTOR continues to broaden my horizons.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I don' t see the need for a site like that. It's pretty clear that the game leaves much to be desired.

By the time your site would be up the game would be F2P.

What are you hoping to prove? They'll be making changes, but since you're boycotting the game, you wouldn't know about them first hand.

What would people learn on yor site that can't be found here http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic ?

imageimage

I can sit here all day long and be pissed that the Louisianna purchase was too expensive, but in all honesty we can't change the past(I'm not saying the Louisianna purchase was a  bad deal, I just think we should have gotten a Carribean Island in the deal as well).

Just my opinion.

This is the first time I have ever heard this opinion in my life. If anything, SWTOR continues to broaden my horizons.

Unfortunately monday night football leaves me in a drunken state of forum posting. Sorry lol

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Nothing wrong with the game, it isn't perfect (nothing is), it is a pure themepark and not to some people's tastes.

I'd rather have a good sandbox, but as far as themeparks go, I can think of a lot worse than SWTOR.

This discussion has been closed.