Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which faction?

7star7star Member Posts: 405

I just resubbed. I haven't played for a while. I have characters of both factions on two different servers. I'm going to pick one, depending on the class I want to play, and level to 50.

I have a 50 warrior that's a defiant, but I forgot how to play, so I want to start over. I originally rolled Defiant because I tend to shy away from religious zealots.

I don't feel attached to either faction now, though I'm kind of  feeling dwarf .

I've heard that factions don't really matter any more in terms of pvp. Is that true? 

What faction is your main? Why did you choose that faction?

Comments

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    IIRC, there used to be a huge disparity in faction population, NA servers were mostly guardian>>Defiant and in EU Defiant>>Guardian

Don't let your view of religion loud your judgment because in the end only one thing matter: Who is hotter, Asha Catari or Shyla?

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

I started out as guardian, since I was primarily defiant during the betas.  I even got a couple classes to 50.  Then I switched to Defiant with a clean slate and had much more fun with the story and quest lines.

Of course it's all personal preference.  I'm sure there are many others that had the polar opposite experience.  But you asked, and I answer, Defiant is more fun (IMO).

EDIT: Besides, Shyla doesn't even look real. I mean, c'mon.  :D

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

You can now group, raid, IA with the opposite faction, same chat and auction house ect...

So depends on which area you want to start out in really, faction doesnt mean a huge ammount :)

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Professor78

You can now group, raid, IA with the opposite faction, same chat and auction house ect...

So depends on which area you want to start out in really, faction doesnt mean a huge ammount :)

True, it really comes down to which main city you prefer in the grand scheme of things.. plus where you feel you fit in with the lore (if you care).  I prefer Meridian over Sanctum.  But I know there are just as many that prefer Sanctum.

They've recently made QoL adjustments to both, so it's really up to you.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Looks like a pretty even split. 

I my Defiants are higher level, so I'm playing my Bahmi rogue now. I like Sanctum a little better, but it doesn't really matter that much to me. The main thing about Guardian for me is that I always have a soft spot for Dwarves. But  like others have said, faction doesn't matter. 

For me, it comes down to the races I want to play.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

Faction doesn't matter as much in gameplay now, due to the PvE faction merge.

However, even in Storm Legion, player factions will still have:

-their own faction main storyline, through the zones (accept certain quests from Sylver instead of Shyla, with their own stories)

-probably still some unique items (wardrobe, gear, etc)

-only access to one of the two cities, except in SL, both factions will also have Tempest Bay city

-races and racial abilities etc are still locked to faction, for the forseeable future