Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Most people already know about this for one... and two, making it SPECIFICALLY about one game? A little bit silly if you ask me.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I site dedicated to hating something eh? I don't think I would even visit it.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

I haven't thought much about SWTOR since I quit in ~Feb.

Seriously,  it's just a game. Get over it and move the hell on already. How the hell are people still obsessing over-

*looks at SWG*

Oh.

This is still a monumentally stupid idea. How about you spend your time playing games you like, or doing something a tad more constructive than nerdraging and crying like a petulant child over a very disappointing video game?

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

What the point of this site would be?

Except for fulfilling some masochistic desire to dwell even more on a game you clearly do not like or enjoy i see no point of 99% of the posts on these forums, or on the internet.

If people invested half of their enthusiasm towards this game towards a fruitfuller goal they might actually stand a chance of changing something actually meaningful to the better.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

OP, you sound like you're angry about time and money "lost" during the time you played and are looking for a way to somehow justify the expense. I can empathize with your situation. I believe the proper course of action is to focus your attention and energy elsewhere, towards something productive instead of destructive. But no matter what you do, it's your opinion and decision and you have every right to it.

To answer your question, I would not join such a site.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

Yeah im 37 sitting on a 20 acre ranch retired with 2.5 mill so yes kiddies age isnt an issue here. Its not so much about hate as it would about bieng real about the lies and bs with the game. I could easily do this idea "if" i wanted to do whether or not people wanted to be a part of it and put ea in there place doesnt seem like it. 

Btw all this was an idea and question of something i was "considering" lot these responses are acting like i have the site running and going lol. 

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by starwarsnut

Yeah im 37 sitting on a 20 acre ranch retired with 2.5 mill so yes kiddies age isnt an issue here. Its not so much about hate as it would about bieng real about the lies and bs with the game. I could easily do this idea "if" i wanted to do whether or not people wanted to be a part of it and put ea in there place doesnt seem like it. 

Btw all this was an idea and question of something i was "considering" lot these responses are acting like i have the site running and going lol. 

Pretty sure the loss of subs put EA in there place more than a site could. If you don't like the game, speak with your wallet.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Yeah, I'm Batman and I'm currently typing this from the batcave.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Interesting how much free time some people have.
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Maybe age isn't a problem but emotional maturity may be - and yes, people who have a number of years under their belt can still be stuck at an adolescent maturity stage of their mind. OP, it's your initiative and your time, it isn't as if 'hater sites' don't exist in other fields too, enough anti-Justin Bieber sites or anti-this or that politician site (the whole Dem vs Rep extremism can have insane excesses sometimes).

But if I were you, I'd start taking a step back and look for more constructive ways to fill your time instead of some supposedly getting off on crusading against some game or makers of that game. Take a look at the state of the world, the injustice, the mass deaths by AIDS and war in Africa, even a casual glance through global news'll show you a lot more worthier causes than fussing about a game. Or do something constructive and aid some kickstarter projects that seem likely to finish.

Ofc, it's your time in the end to invest or waste however you like, but since you ask, these are my thoughts.
    Originally posted by Draron

Pretty sure the loss of subs put EA in there place more than a site could. If you don't like the game, speak with your wallet.

who says i didnt? i quit while ago just want a better star wars mmo

LOL, "put EA in their place". Like the guy above me said, I'm pretty sure losing a million subscriptions in less than six months put them in their place.

I daresay age is an issue because I'm amazed that a 37 year old man is acting and writing like someone fifteen years younger than that.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• Byne25Byne25 Member Posts: 41
    Hey I would support you in whatever you decide but truth is, I dont think it would accomplish much. It would be a site for those upset about the game to go and rant but it will not sway the company from making changes. Sad part is, us players dont have as much say in dev, as we are led to believe. Also why create it when MMORPG.com has all the nay sayers on it anyways. Every game that is announced or in development gets a Fail post immediately and than people go on ranting about the sorry state of the game. All of us who played TOR know what it isnt and we all know it will never be what we had hoped it to be. We just either play it or walk away sad. Good luck to you though and I honestly do feel your Star Wars MMO pain.
    Have fun tilting at windmills, Don Quixote.

Originally posted by Igorcht
    Have fun tilting at windmills, Don Quixote.

my point in case = )

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Are you seriously considering making a website dedicated to something you hate? What a waste of time! Actually... this kinda reminds me of some overused plot you get from some crime drama like CSI. We've all seen it.. the one where a celebrity has a stalker and when they break into the guys home there are dozens newspaper articles about the said celebrity stuck to the walls like post-it notes. The mandatory messages of hate scribbled acrsoss the wall in thick red inky letters all pointing to the fact that the stalker is not in full controlk of his faculties. I particularly like when the camera zooms in to a picture with a knife thrust into one of the eyes.

I can imagine your website looking something that, except instead of a celeb you have a pantheon of developers to vent your hate to and for the centre piece of your alter of hatred you should have a twisted and torn figure of a Jedi with a lightsaber thrust in his anus.

Or you can just move on with your life. There will be no more Star Wars MMO for at least 10 years, I'm sure Bioware or EA paid a lot of cash to Lucsarts for the rights to publish and use the Star Wars brand and I'm pretty certain one of the contracts would state that EA/Bioware pay the millions of dollars on condition they have exclusive rights for x number of years. So forget about another Star Wars MMO.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    People can freely express their views about SWTOR--as long as it is bad. God forbid that any of can express a view that it is a great game.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Originally posted by Arakazi

Are you seriously considering making a website dedicated to something you hate? What a waste of time! Actually... this kinda reminds me of some overused plot you get from some crime drama like CSI. We've all seen it.. the one where a celebrity has a stalker and when they break into the guys home there are dozens newspaper articles about the said celebrity stuck to the walls like post-it notes. The mandatory messages of hate scribbled acrsoss the wall in thick red inky letters all pointing to the fact that the stalker is not in full controlk of his faculties. I particularly like when the camera zooms in to a picture with a knife thrust into one of the eyes.

I can imagine your website looking something that, except instead of a celeb you have a pantheon of developers to vent your hate to and for the centre piece of your alter of hatred you should have a twisted and torn figure of a Jedi with a lightsaber thrust in his anus.

Or you can just move on with your life. There will be no more Star Wars MMO for at least 10 years, I'm sure Bioware or EA paid a lot of cash to Lucsarts for the rights to publish and use the Star Wars brand and I'm pretty certain one of the contracts would state that EA/Bioware pay the millions of dollars on condition they have exclusive rights for x number of years. So forget about another Star Wars MMO.

WOW.. id say if anyone needs help its you geesh man. It was an idea and consideration if it offends u this much to say what you did here then you have much larger issues then me making a website holy crap man LOL.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    People can freely express their views about SWTOR--as long as it is bad. God forbid that any of can express a view that it is a great game.

Those that like the game are drowned out in the sea of hatred. See OP.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Just let it go, man. This ain't healthy.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by Draron
    Originally posted by Ahnog

Those that like the game are drowned out in the sea of hatred. See OP.

Well thats a 2 way street ya know. They didnt lose a million people or more for nothing just saying. God forbid someone disagrees that its a bad game as well

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Not  me.

When i dislike a game...i simply move on.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I would visit your site and place my comments about why I like this game :)

I suppose that if it is supposed to be real it would allow player who like it to have the same right to saying that  too /grin.

I agree with most of folks here though. Put your time into something constructive. We all like different things and we should not be told by anybody (fanbois nor haters) if we should play any game or not. This is everybody's right to decide.

Just like nobody should tell you who you are supposed to vote for president /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Boycotted it in beta. The vast majority of people have quit, it really sunk itself. Aint much need for anything else atm, the EAMythicWare drones will still cling to it, aint nothing you can do about that.
  • ToolfanToolfan Member UncommonPosts: 80

Nah, just not buying any new products from EA is boycotting.

Look how it's worked out for Funcom.

This discussion has been closed.