Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?

BEFORE RESPONDING READ THE ENTIRE POST<-- I DO NOT HAVE A SITE NOR AM I MAKING ONE. THIS IS AN IDEA NOTHING MORE.

Ive been considering making a site that main goals are this"

1. A detailed list showing how many have quit and why. (the quit list)

2.Informing people truthfully about the game not bieng a carebear everythings ok site like darthcarebear

3. People can freely express their view about swtor and why its so bad in thier view. (the forums on this site will allow true freedom of speech only exception would be spam you could really say it like it is)

4.The site would give people considering playing it real honest raw info good or bad 

More would be added. Would you be willing to join this site? and post your views and why you quit let me know? The goal in the end though is to get enough truthful (negative most would say) publicity about the game to either get it shut down or for EA to realize they could fix this mess. Id prefer to get it shut down but highly doubt it lol.

REMEMBER NO SITE EXISTS OR MADE THIS IS JUST AN IDEA<--

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

The site would be way too late.

Most players that bought SWTOR are already boycotting it and have been since last spring when 1.2 came out, myself included.

I would use the time you would need to make the website for something more constructive, like a website dedicated to cats fighting dogs - with lightsabers.

• ManJunkManJunk Member Posts: 273
    I've taken your considerations under consideration and I consider it a bad idea.  Like the poster above me said, use your time for something a little more constructive.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I'll be honest, not interested in the least.  The development team has been gutted.  A site focusing on just the negative will not get any respect or response. 

A group of players presenting a positive outlook and player feedback would be a much better idea.  EA doesn't care why people left, they've already scapegoated people for that.  They are interested in getting players to try F2P and eventually subscribe.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Come on allready! Just stop playing if you don't like it. Since you are a rabid fan of SW, make a good bye post stating how disapointed you are, if you have to.

Then, considering seriously looking at your life. Being into something at a level that would make you waste time creating a site like the one you mention...it's not healthy. And no, no amount of "well maybe not to you, but we are all different" will make it right.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I think the op missed his opportunity 4 months ago.

Most of us are already boycotting SWTOR.   Gosh knows I am my sub ran out with all the free time back in August.  I refuse to ea any more money for this game ever.  It can go free to play for all I care I still would not play it. 

They would have to have a total rewrite of the game and get rid of that stupid hero engine that they are using, for me to even consider putting swtor back on my hard drives.  At this point EA needs to pay me.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    I won't be supporting it because I get enough daily hate for MMOs on this site as it is. But go ahead knock yourself out!

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

I would use the time you would need to make the website for something more constructive, like a website dedicated to cats fighting dogs - with lightsabers.

I'd support SuperDonk's site.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by starwarsnut

2.Informing people truthfully about the game not bieng a carebear everythings ok site like darthcarebear

3. People can freely express their view about swtor and why its so bad in thier view. (the forums on this site will allow true freedom of speech only exception would be spam you could really say it like it is)

4.The site would give people considering playing it real honest raw info good or bad 

More would be added. Would you be willing to join thi site and post your views and why you quit let me know? The goal in the end though is to get enough truthful (negative most would say) publicity about the game to either get it shut down or for EA to realize they could fix this mess. Id prefer to get it shut down but highly doubt it lol.

You can do all of that on the forums here, so why would I go to a separate site for that?  Same reason I don't go to fansites, you can do the same thing here.

• ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Design a website bashing EA , id support that.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

More would be added. Would you be willing to join thi site and post your views and why you quit let me know? The goal in the end though is to get enough truthful (negative most would say) publicity about the game to either get it shut down or for EA to realize they could fix this mess. Id prefer to get it shut down but highly doubt it lol.

can I boycott your site?

• itsneoitsneo Member UncommonPosts: 18

I just don't understand the need for such a site.  I mean if you don't like the game why bother playing it, and more importatnly why bother spending your time and money to bash it?   There is no logical reason, as you can voice your opionions on sites like these, or the many other sites that cater to mmo's, even swtor specifically.   

I just think your time, effort, and hard earned money can be better used in perhaps a game you do like.  what ever that be.

Best of luck to you finding the game you do like.

GAME OVER!

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Is there not enough Hate in the world? 
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Why bother?  If you don't like a game, stop playing it.  "Vote with your wallet".

Then come on this site and talk about how lame the game is and how much better it could have been.  :)

Of course, this applies to any game.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Isn't that what most of us are doing indirectly by not playing their game?  I don't think a website is needed but if you have the time and energy and feel strongly about it, knock yourself out.  But they spent a lot of money up front to make the game and it's not paying off like they expected: I think that is probably punishment enough. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Isn't that what the official forums are for.
  • starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

lol interesting responses hehe. Yeah i think i missed my mark i did think about it months ago but these respnses are what i thought.

id like to adress some the responses

You cant be real on the official forums lolz

You cant be real here on this site belive me when i say that ( i can prove this very easily this site panders to game companies why i prefer gamebreaker)

Ive seen what a so called positive site does and thats nothing but pander and lie and try to make the game look good when the reality is its a pos. lol darth hater is a good example of that. Bieng a carebear doesnt do anything but destroy the game more and cause uneeded nerfs and worse 

why consider doing this and just move on? well ive waited a long time for another star wars mmo i beta swtor and it was good and fun but they left it for dead. I refuse to be one these care bears who still fight for a game/EA that doesnt give a crap about you? Thats what i find funny is why are those people that say move on if you dont like staying? its part of the reason the game is going badly and downhill not all but part of it.

I have thought about making a ea boycott site honestly would be a massive undertaking though but i have thought about it.

yes im 37 and retired

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I am a Star Wars fan also, I am old enough to have seen all but the first one in the Cinema.

Yeah I would have liked for ToR to have been a better game and think they missed the mark ( IMO )for what I was looking for.

My advice. Devote all that time and energy into something more productive. Its just a game, either play it and enjoy it for what it is, or move on to another interest.

There are many things in life to devote your time too, and most are better than worrying about ToR. It is what it is.

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

Who cares honestly?  The game has been out 10 months now and most people have their own perception of it.  Even so your site would only attract those who are upset enough to be vocal about it in an unrestricted outlet (aka flaming the shit out of it).  

The whole idea seems juvenile and even if it were January or February after it came out all you would be doing is pouring gasoline on the haters/ hopefuls who realized the game didn't pan out.  This idea offers no constructive criticism of any kind.

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Let me say this much......

I was one of the players that followed this shipwreck from 2008.....I had an official website start date from 08....I was HARDCORE, capice?

I spent hard earned money on the collectors edition, based on a lie that there would be 'added' items in the future as well...LIES

I was lied to by Daniel Erickson and BIO/EA repeatedly. No, im not going to link or explain the lies, deal with it.

This game deserves all the animosity it has, and having a website devoted to its trashiness poetic justice......

I back you 100 percent. Don't listen to the Biodrones that still blindly defend it. This game has negative karma all over it, and well deserves all and any such attention....

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by Mavek

Who cares honestly?  The game has been out 10 months now and most people have their own perception of it.  Even so your site would only attract those who are upset enough to be vocal about it in an unrestricted outlet (aka flaming the shit out of it).  

The whole idea seems juvenile and even if it were January or February after it came out all you would be doing is pouring gasoline on the haters/ hopefuls who realized the game didn't pan out.  This idea offers no constructive criticism of any kind.

Wrong

If it deters ONE PERSON from that trainwreck, it most assuredly is well warranted....

Mr. OP, go save those minions from blowing their money on that trash....

:)

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

The site would be way too late.

Most players that bought SWTOR are already boycotting it and have been since last spring when 1.2 came out, myself included.

This really ^^

There is no need to boycott SWTOR, the developers did all the work for you/us...........

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

bieng constructive and positive doesnt fix the game or adress the issues at all. Thats what i still find hilarious is this idea of bieng "constructive" and "positive" is some how gonna get the issues adressed. Dont believe me go darth hater website its all rainbows and unicorns there and hardcore care bears who still think the games gonna out do wow LOL seriously im not joking about that.

bieng "real" and getting the issues out and exposing them where they cant just close down your thread or ban you does interest me. The way its going it does seem to be towards shutdown one can only hope...

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    no

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

No

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

bieng constructive and positive doesnt fix the game or adress the issues at all. Thats what i still find hilarious is this idea of bieng "constructive" and "positive" is some how gonna get the issues adressed. Dont believe me go darth hater website its all rainbows and unicorns there and hardcore care bears who still think the games gonna out do wow LOL seriously im not joking about that.

bieng "real" and getting the issues out and exposing them where they cant just close down your thread or ban you does interest me. The way its going it does seem to be towards shutdown one can only hope...

When BioWare stops producing content updates and when the game drops to only two or three active servers, we can start the doom and gloom.  As of now, SW:TOR is still one of the top MMOs on the market with a fairly stable population.  The several hundred thousand people currently playing probably don't care that the game didn't meet expectations as it still provides them entertainment.  

This discussion has been closed.