Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall (Unholy Wars) First person View?

Is Darkfall (unholy wars) still goin to be First person View only? If so ill pass :(,  im just messed up or somthing but i need to see my guys when playing fantasy mmos.

Comments

• fredde123fredde123 Member Posts: 4
    it has never been firstperson view only...
  • BladejettBladejett Member Posts: 21

you can zoom in and out?  I really researched this game before it came out and they said they would be first person only :(  that sucks if 3 person view was available id of played it.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Draw a melee weapon. You can't zoom right out though as that would give you an unfair advantage.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

When u have your melee weapon out its 3rd person,

when u have your staff/bow out its FPS with a cross hair.

DF combat owns any other MMO so bad its crazy. Only game I've played that makes my heart thump.

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Melee is 3rd Person for balance purpose
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Bladejett
    Is Darkfall (unholy wars) still goin to be First person View only? If so ill pass :(,  im just messed up or somthing but i need to see my guys when playing fantasy mmos.

The game only goes into first person when you have a bow or staff out. You can't zoom way waaay out, because that would impact PvP too much, but those are the only times you're forced into first person. For the past few years you haven't even had to have your weapon out to be in third person.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by fredde123
    it has never been firstperson view only...

This ^^

But I think the OP ment that you can't turn the camera to see what's behind your back like in standard MMOs.

In this case OP, no DF is not WoW, sorry you can't check what's going on behind you.

You can do that only when you are on a horse or any mount

• DrokaFonDrokaFon Member Posts: 19
    You researched the game yet you ask this question. I call Shenanigans. Go watch a Darkfall PvP video. Come back and delete your post.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by DrokaFon
    You researched the game yet you ask this question. I call Shenanigans. Go watch a Darkfall PvP video. Come back and delete your post.

Don't be unfriendly to the newbie.

• FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78

Locking the view rather then have the traditional zoomed out, pannable camera is an important part of Darkfall as it creates tension and allows people to sneak up on others using real stealth rather then invisibility. Like others said it is still 3rd person with a melee weapon out, though you cannot pan or zoom out.

• DrokaFonDrokaFon Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by DrokaFon

Don't be unfriendly to the newbie.

I'm usually very nice, and youd seed that if you have seen any of my other post but this post jsut hit a nerve lol