Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A players impression of Mortal Online

YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

Posting this here since it will probably be deleted soon on the MO forums.  Not my video, but so true.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7sh6FtuQA0&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• MidnightsephMidnightseph Member Posts: 21

Yeah, and I got banned from the forums for posting it there:

Mortal Online Forums - Error

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Midnightseph

Thanks for taking the time to post your video. 

I have one question for you... Do you feel those that defended SV over the years hurt the game in the long run? Those with the "Henrik can do no wrong syndrome."

Its weird,  as it seems Awakening did just that!

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Hancakes

I have one question for you... Do you feel those that defended SV over the years hurt the game in the long run? Those with the "Henrik can do no wrong syndrome."

I think so in a way.  SV will just play off everything most people say as trollers or being negative and that lil bit of constant positive feedback no matter what the case gives them the strength to keep going in the wrong direction.  Don't get me wrong, a bunch of unconstructive criticism isn't helpful, but neither does acting like the sun shines out of sv's ass.  

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/population-boom-d.79533/

Shit like that hurts the game. This guy has been trying spread propaganda thru the forums. Devs see this and will use it as an excuse to keep going in the wrong direction.

Yes, I do feel that those players hurt the game. But to be completely honest, Game's Staff and Henrik hurt it a lot more. The lack of feedback MO players get and the amount of things that are added without even checking with the players first is simply amazing.

It seriously seems to me that they are not developing the game with the objective to increase the amount of fun players have while playing it. It does hurt the game a lot when you see threads with negative feedback to the game being deleted and threads with positive feedback staying there. I mean, fuck, it is like they are deceiving themselves.

Do the GMs/Devs get to see those negative feedback threads or are they deleted by the forum mods so that they don't get to see? I have no idea. Also, why are they deleted in the first place? Is there a forum rule that says "No negative feedback is allowed"?

Well anyways, the game has been on a downfall since Dawn and even more so with awakening. Just look at the amount of people in the forums and compare it with the DF forums for example.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

it is agaisnt the rules to post goodbye threads, i posted one thoguh and it wasnt deleted although it was in the guild section and not main section. But rules are rules i guess and if it says you will get the post deleted then expect it.

As for the fanboys causing the demise of MO, i dont think so. it has nothing to do with it really in the long run. It mgiht of speeded it up abit quicker with awakening but the inevitable conclusion was still drawing closer.

The game just isnt well made enough and the develoeprs are to out of tune with the game or with what makes a fun game.

this is why it failed. a player with a trial account can see first hand exactly whats wrong it makes no difference what the fans think or say, they can suck up to henrik all they want but the developers arent suddenly going to become competent or recieve a large paycheck to help development.

game died because they bit off more than they could chew although i am thankful they did, the game kept me entertained for a good few years when other games couldnt.

But for my pleasure of playing the game its cost the developers alot of wasted time and resources and the fans alot of frustration. Would still dive in and play MO thoguh if i could go back to launch day regardless of knowning its fate.

So hats off from me to SV for going in over their heads when no other developer would and being completely delusional into thinking they could possibly make the hardest type of MMO to create and do it with a small team of first time developers on experimental software.

Im certainly not bitter about awakening, just disapointed in SV and have started to look elsewhere.

But for all the hateboys on these forums, all i can say is i enjoyed my time it was a rollercoaster and i would do it all over again. I think most of the community are remaining light hearted despite the obvious decline and that psot about population is more for fun than trying to boost popularity im pretty sure nkowning diphrael that he knows 40 people isnt anywhere near the population of an MMO.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Nightburn didn't you get banned multiple times in MO for exploiting?

the mounted archer that would never miss a shot.....you were so friken annoying, and personaly i've always thought you were cheating.

i hope you will keep the name Nightburn in DFUW so i can hunt you down and see if those amazing aming skills on your MA were true or just exploiting MO's crappy code.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

the mounted archer that would never miss a shot.....you were so friken annoying, and personaly i've always thought you were cheating.

i hope you will keep the name Nightburn in DFUW so i can hunt you down and see if those amazing aming skills on your MA were true or just exploiting MO's crappy code.

Hahahaha funny post mate. So after a video about me showing myself in person and the reasons I left MO we are talking about me and whether or not I have skill now? Haters gonna hate. I was a counterstrike professional like 9 years ago you know.

DF will be a completely different game for me though. I live in Brazil and the ping won't help at all.

C you in Darkfall UW.

basically he likes to moan alot, he got banned he claims unjustfully but yet he still went back to the game in the end and now hes all surprised his thread got deleted?

wouldnt surprise me if he was back playing within a week. seems like some people never learn their lesson

Originally posted by deathshroud

basically he likes to moan alot, he got banned he claims unjustfully but yet he still went back to the game in the end and now hes all surprised his thread got deleted?

wouldnt surprise me if he was back playing within a week. seems like some people never learn their lesson

i dont remember him ever doing much moaning on the forums at all tbh.  Last thing he posted before was a thread with some well thought out butchery suggestions.  Don't assume things.  

im not assuming things, when he got banned for exploiting first thing he did was come here and moan about it with a long thread about how sv sucks and he would not be coming back, week later he was back. So please dont assume stuff you dont know about.

im not assuming things, when he got banned for exploiting first thing he did was come here and moan about it with a long thread about how sv sucks and he would not be coming back, week later he was back. So please dont assume stuff you dont know about.

So he got a week ban for exploiting?

So he got a week ban for exploiting?

about that yea, might of been longer but the length wasnt exactly what i was getting at. he had disabled the sun so there was no glare, lowered his resolution beyond the igname settings so player characters were wider than usual and was equiping stacks of arrows beyond the 25 amount to 100. So he iddnt have to reload.

essentially he was temp banned for investigation due to some other issue involving a dev, he posted a video to show he wasnt doing anything illegal only to accidentally show the devs he was exploiting in 3 other ways which ended with him recieving a ban anyway

a few weeks i think is reasonable for exploiting afterall it wasnt hacking.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

about that yea, might of been longer but the length wasnt exactly what i was getting at. he had disabled the sun so there was no glare, lowered his resolution beyond the igname settings so player characters were wider than usual and was equiping stacks of arrows beyond the 25 amount to 100. So he iddnt have to reload.

essentially he was temp banned for investigation due to some other issue involving a dev, he posted a video to show he wasnt doing anything illegal only to accidentally show the devs he was exploiting in 3 other ways which ended with him recieving a ban anyway

lol.....i knew it. well i didn't know exactly what he did to get banned, but i knew he was cheating to gain some sort of advantage. Hopefully they can curb this sort of stuff from happening in DFUW.....but i seriously doubt it. people like Nighburn will always find a way to cheat.

lol.....i knew it. well i didn't know exactly what he did to get banned, but i knew he was cheating to gain some sort of advantage. Hopefully they can curb this sort of stuff from happening in DFUW.....but i seriously doubt it. people like Nighburn will always find a way to cheat.

Hauhauahua this is hilarious. Keep it coming guys =). So sad you died to me in game, so sad. Think I might post a few video of one of these guy's guild where they are actually hacking a GMs account and deleting a keep. No wait, too many people have already seen it. It's not even fun anymore.

I'm actually amazed how this video I made regarding the current state of the game and me leaving it is getting me so much fun and I am actually being targeted by these 2 guys without even saying a thing towards them. Keep it coming mates, I like the attention.

lol difference here is that wasnt me :) but the exploiting thing actually was you. Im not holding you accountable for all the things your guild idd, just what you did.

So my name remains un tarnished in MO, i did not ever get pointed at for cheating or exploiting. Also i dont recall you ever killing me ingame although it could of happened but not to my memory.

Hauhauahua this is hilarious. Keep it coming guys =). So sad you died to me in game, so sad. Think I might post a few video of one of these guy's guild where they are actually hacking a GMs account and deleting a keep. No wait, too many people have already seen it. It's not even fun anymore.

I'm actually amazed how this video I made regarding the current state of the game and me leaving it is getting me so much fun and I am actually being targeted by these 2 guys without even saying a thing towards them. Keep it coming mates, I like the attention.

lol difference here is that wasnt me :) but the exploiting thing actually was you. Im not holding you accountable for all the things your guild idd, just what you did.

So my name remains un tarnished in MO, i did not ever get pointed at for cheating or exploiting. Also i dont recall you ever killing me ingame although it could of happened but not to my memory.

You don't see you are doing exactly what I want you to, mate? This is too easy.

you mean telling the truth and using facts? well if thats what you want me to do then you got me. image

All deathshrouds guild did was hack and get busted for hacking.  Right up until they were finally destroyed recently when a guy in AQ got banned for duping.  Don't act like you didn't condone it.  Not to mention you all hacked a GMs accounts and deleted ppls keeps.  For a guild with the motto "No cheats, no dickheads, no bullshit"  you sure made sure to do all of it.  Glass houses dude.  

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

All deathshrouds guild did was hack and get busted for hacking.  Right up until they were finally destroyed recently when a guy in AQ got banned for duping.  Don't act like you didn't condone it.  Not to mention you all hacked a GMs accounts and deleted ppls keeps.  For a guild with the motto "No cheats, no dickheads, no bullshit"  you sure made sure to do all of it.  Glass houses dude.  

Seriously though, as much as I dislike AQ as a guild, they do have decent people in it which I have played with. Deathshroud's attempt to change the subject here and try to target me directly is just one of the reasons for me to dislike them even more. 

This is getting way offtopic though. We are here to discuss SV censorship and lack of knowledge to understand players' needs and make MO a better game. Not to jump on eachother's throat and target people and guilds. 

Seriously though, as much as I dislike AQ as a guild, they do have decent people in it which I have played with. Deathshroud's attempt to change the subject here and try to target me directly is just one of the reasons for me to dislike them even more. 

This is getting way offtopic though. We are here to discuss SV censorship and lack of knowledge to understand players' needs and make MO a better game. Not to jump on eachother's throat and target people and guilds. 

That is true, my apologies to DeathShroud.  

Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

You don't see you are doing exactly what I want you to, mate? This is too easy.

This is a prime example of the exact type of mentality that has directly contributed to the downfall of this genre, and frankly you should be ashamed.

Give me a break, the "downfall" of the genre is crappy games.

----> Door

im not supporting what the devs did with deleting your goodbye post. Im confronting the fact that you keep being disgusted by SV but you still keep playing the game. You know what they are like, you know the rules about posting goodbye threads and you always come here to moan about something but then go straight back to the game.

So your attempts at sympathy seem pathetic.

im not supporting what the devs did with deleting your goodbye post. Im confronting the fact that you keep being disgusted by SV but you still keep playing the game. You know what they are like, you know the rules about posting goodbye threads and you always come here to moan about something but then go straight back to the game.

You are an aggressive one, aren't you?

I just read the forum rules btw and I didn't find anything saying that making a thread communicating that you are leaving the game is against the rules. Did I miss it? Don't think there is a rule against it, mate...

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Well as much as i dont like people like Nightburn who use to exploit just to get an advantage in a video game i back up his right to make a goodbye thread in a game that he played for some time without getting his post deleted. I dont get what you are trying to do here and wth you believe that your goodbye thread should stay there cause you where always a legitimate player or SV's supporter for long time while someone else wasnt. Mortals forums are simply like that: awfull. Moderators are children with issues, wiselly picked up from within the community to do a dirty job and this will not change as a long as the game is up and running. Same deal as how SV handles things ingame with corrupted GM's that do have affiliations with guilds and other players and activelly doing things that they werent supposed to in a game that charges monthly fee.

I was banned from official MO forums from Athanas cause i argued and questioned Sebastian about the caos that they created by implementing the failed patch called Awakening not straightly. I just got a warning for negativity by Athanas and in pm's i politely asked from him to explain to me whats his job description and if it would be more fit to it to be ingame and helping people who do send petitions instead of deleting peoples posts that including legitimate questions, criticism and concerns about a product that they are paying and sending them warnings. Guess what i got banned without any message, reasoning or even an answer by that 15 year old who thinks being a volunteer GM in a low quality game as MO runned by a fucked up company like SV gives him power and authority to act as he likes.

And yes those kinds of companies are genuinly disrespect customers by not allowing goodbye threads and the reason is simple: "if you decide to stop giving us your monthly fee, stfu and gtfo".

Originally posted by argirop

Well as much as i dont like people like Nightburn who use to exploit just to get an advantage in a video game i back up his right to make a goodbye thread in a game that he played for some time without getting his post deleted. I dont get what you are trying to do here and wth you believe that your goodbye thread should stay there cause you where always a legitimate player or SV's supporter for long time while someone else wasnt. Mortals forums are simply like that: awfull. Moderators are children with issues, wiselly picked up from within the community to do a dirty job and this will not change as a long as the game is up and running. Same deal as how SV handles things ingame with corrupted GM's that do have affiliations with guilds and other players and activelly doing things that they werent supposed to in a game that charges monthly fee.

I was banned from official MO forums from Athanas cause i argued and questioned Sebastian about the caos that they created by implementing the failed patch called Awakening not straightly. I just got a warning for negativity by Athanas and in pm's i politely asked from him to explain to me whats his job description and if it would be more fit to it to be ingame and helping people who do send petitions instead of deleting peoples posts that including legitimate questions, criticism and concerns about a product that they are paying and sending them warnings. Guess what i got banned without any message, reasoning or even an answer by that 15 year old who thinks being a volunteer GM in a low quality game as MO runned by a fucked up company like SV gives him power and authority to act as he likes.

And yes those kinds of companies are genuinly disrespect customers by not allowing goodbye threads and the reason is simple: "if you decide to stop giving us your monthly fee, stfu and gtfo".

They are quick to spend time banning and locking threads while people wait in game with trouble tickets.   If they spent half the time answering trouble tickets instead of censoring the forums everyone would be happier

Originally posted by argirop

They are quick to spend time banning and locking threads while people wait in game with trouble tickets.   If they spent half the time answering trouble tickets instead of censoring the forums everyone would be happier

If youre submitting support tickets, they already have your money.  But fosuch a "small" company they certainly have the manpower for their viral marketing and cencorship campaign.