Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

This video explains what is wrong with WoW today,

12346»

Comments

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by Reizla
    This is not a problem with WoW only. It's a problem with all (older) MMORPG's out there.

    And what do all older games have in common?

    Change.  Gamers fear and loathe it.  You will never get an argument from the Good Old Boys about how the Good Old Days were better in every possible way.

    But then, that's always been a Constant in every human society.

    Just as it's a Constant on this (and every other) gaming-related message board.

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • Butcher_IncButcher_Inc ChichesterPosts: 17Member

    ITT: QQ / TL;DR.

     

    WoW was the best MMO ever made, now it's old. Find something else to do. 

     

    I'd pre-order WoW 2.

  • ArakaziArakazi OxfordPosts: 889Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Mm elitist arguements asside wow is fundementally about getting gear that is supposed to reflect your prestige within that games society. If you devalue this then there is no point being a gear centric game. The game has really confused and conflicting viewpoints.

    No. Being a gear centric game should have nothing to do with acting like an Elitsh entitled prick!

    It's those top 1% in games as WoW, EQ and EQ2 that have made it that way.

    I like to collect gear in MMO's. Advance my character. But I still play just for fun!

    Being able to clear a difficult dungeon or a RAID I see as both personal achievement for myself as together with the people I did it with.

    I had never any desire to parade my characters through Stormwind, Ironforge, Quenos or Freeport to show off, brag and look down on fellow gamers! Just because I had the time to spend those 6 hours in a row to participate in a RAID at that time.

    I find that childish and idiotic. It's terrible for the community as a whole. It had nothing but a poisoning effect.

    It's exacly this childish and elitish behaviour of that top 1% that gave both WoW and EQ2 such a bad name during the years! /shrug

     

    The title of the Topic should be changed to: "This video explains what is wrong with gamers today".

    As there is nothing wrong with WoW itself. It just evolved over the years.

     

    Neither of you read the thread or watched the video then. I guess that shows what's wrong with posters these days. Did you guys listen to him when he said it once took a weeks for some of raids to be cleared and when WOTLK was released it was cleared on the first day? Besides it's self evident that the game has gotten a lot easier and a helluva lot more gear orientated than it used to be.

    Besides, whats so wrong with showing of your hard won gear? Do you not take pride in your home, garden or car or whatever? Or do you sneer at your neighbour when he shows pride in his new wheels?

  • david361107david361107 chattanooga, TNPosts: 279Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by david361107
    Originally posted by kitarad
    This is not a criticism but how does anyone who works from 8.30 am to 7 pm manage with a family and kids and travel time to play 5-6 hours a night during the week ? I know when I worked I was so tired with those hours I was zonked in front of the telly most nights. That was with my mum cooking but when I started cooking and cleaning oh boy even less time to zonk out. Add baby who is now thankfully grown up I could never ever manage that time frame.

    We all know it's hard work taking care of a family, work and finding time for hobbies and fun. I've been in raid where one of my friends would be feeding their baby and working on a boss fight at the same time, that's not the norm usually..lol

     

    As i said before in a post on this subject. Everyone didn't get to see every dungeon or every boss fight when I was hardcore in WOW, me included. But I will say this, it made the game a lot better for me when I didn't get to see those things.

     

    Peace,

    Lascer

    And still there are loads of people that never come to do any 25 man RAID's, yet alone 25 man Hardmode RAID's.

    If you so desperately want to RAID 6 hours a day. Well you still can!  Just do 2 RAIDs then.

    Anyone claiming WoW has become easymode are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

    The REAL truth is that these people don't feel "Special" anymore. That they are no longer part of just the 1% that could do 6 hour RAIDs to get the EPIC gear.

    Now they have to share the bragging with 5% of the playerbase instead of just 1%.  /shrug

    That's just all it comes down to. Acting "elitish" and "L337" to pinch peope's eyes out, only because they have more time to play each night.

     

     

    Anyone that played WoW at or before BC will agree with me on this game has turned Candy Land, hell even Blizzard admits it. Maybe you just haven't played WoW for very long, but if you missed out on that fun I'm sorry because it was great. Like I said, I never got to see everything and I was fine with that. Today all these people in WoW think they are the shit because they have downed this boss or that, but they are not. So what if you can't play 8 hours a night, i never did that and I still was able to Raid. The reason you can't get 25 man raids going is because all the heavy raiders have left WoW and moved on to more hardcore games. The industry has to see this and someone will fix it, the only question is who will that be? GW2? hell that game levels itself, so who knows. All I know is casual gamers with their bitching is hurting it for everyone.

     

    Peace,

    Lascer

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by VikingGamer

    If you want a social game, reward people for being social.

    Well, that's what we want.  Not necessarily what Blizzard wants. 

    Why exactly did all of the games released 2004-05 make so damn much money compared to their earlier peers?  The industry as a whole was concentrating on creating much more solo-able games.  And..yep, that's what we got.  And the player base (roughly) tripled in < 5 years.  And they made a bloody fortune doing it. 

    You're asking them to voluntarily throw away that money.

    Blizzard: "Okay, thanks for expressing your opinon.  Think we'll keep rolling in this cash, instead."

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • saurus123saurus123 nonePosts: 567Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by VikingGamer

    If you want a social game, reward people for being social.

    Well, that's what we want.  Not necessarily what Blizzard wants. 

    Why exactly did all of the games released 2004-05 make so damn much money compared to their earlier peers?  The industry as a whole was concentrating on creating much more solo-able games.  And..yep, that's what we got.  And the player base (roughly) tripled in < 5 years.  And they made a bloody fortune doing it. 

    You're asking them to voluntarily throw away that money.

    Blizzard: "Okay, thanks for expressing your opinon.  Think we'll keep rolling in this cash, instead."

    theres no more blizzard

     

    bizzard that made TBC dont exist anymore - blizzard north was shut down and employes fired

    now its activision-blizzard means activision have more rights and tell what to do

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by david361107
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by david361107
    Originally posted by kitarad
    This is not a criticism but how does anyone who works from 8.30 am to 7 pm manage with a family and kids and travel time to play 5-6 hours a night during the week ? I know when I worked I was so tired with those hours I was zonked in front of the telly most nights. That was with my mum cooking but when I started cooking and cleaning oh boy even less time to zonk out. Add baby who is now thankfully grown up I could never ever manage that time frame.

    We all know it's hard work taking care of a family, work and finding time for hobbies and fun. I've been in raid where one of my friends would be feeding their baby and working on a boss fight at the same time, that's not the norm usually..lol

     

    As i said before in a post on this subject. Everyone didn't get to see every dungeon or every boss fight when I was hardcore in WOW, me included. But I will say this, it made the game a lot better for me when I didn't get to see those things.

     

    Peace,

    Lascer

    And still there are loads of people that never come to do any 25 man RAID's, yet alone 25 man Hardmode RAID's.

    If you so desperately want to RAID 6 hours a day. Well you still can!  Just do 2 RAIDs then.

    Anyone claiming WoW has become easymode are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

    The REAL truth is that these people don't feel "Special" anymore. That they are no longer part of just the 1% that could do 6 hour RAIDs to get the EPIC gear.

    Now they have to share the bragging with 5% of the playerbase instead of just 1%.  /shrug

    That's just all it comes down to. Acting "elitish" and "L337" to pinch peope's eyes out, only because they have more time to play each night.

     

     

    Anyone that played WoW at or before BC will agree with me on this game has turned Candy Land, hell even Blizzard admits it. Maybe you just haven't played WoW for very long, but if you missed out on that fun I'm sorry because it was great. Like I said, I never got to see everything and I was fine with that. Today all these people in WoW think they are the shit because they have downed this boss or that, but they are not. So what if you can't play 8 hours a night, i never did that and I still was able to Raid. The reason you can't get 25 man raids going is because all the heavy raiders have left WoW and moved on to more hardcore games. The industry has to see this and someone will fix it, the only question is who will that be? GW2? hell that game levels itself, so who knows. All I know is casual gamers with their bitching is hurting it for everyone.

     

    Peace,

    Lascer

    That is so utter bull it's not even funny!

    I played vanilla WoW for over 2 and half years until after TBC release. So I know what I am talking about.

    RAIDing back then was an utter pain!

    You either had to be part of an elitish bunch of pricks in a RAID guild full of drama and fighting about loot, or you spend litterly ages to get 40 people together for Molten Core.

    Hell, it even took plenty of time to get balanced party going for the regular dungeons like UBRS (which I loved to do by the way.... was one of my fav. dungeons).

    RAID'ing most of the time is just all drama. Fights about who gets in the RAID and who doesn't. If you rolled a less popular class you were excluded most of the time.  Fights about who gets the loot!  Even with DKP systems there was still plenty of drama.

    Not just in WoW tho. EverQuest 2 was full of it as well. RAID guilds in general are just terrible. Infested with Elitish pricks, drama queens and entitled pricks who always think they should have all the loot first!

     

    I haven't RAID'ed for over 3 years now and I don't miss it at all.

    I still love to do general dungeons via the Dungeon Finder or just with guildies.  5 people together. No drama. Not being stuck behind the PC for 6-8 hours on end. Way more relaxed and fun.

    And you know what? A lot of people I know who RAID'ed are in the same boat as me.

    You say the hardcore raiders have moved on to more Hardcore games?  I say... most hardcore raiders are burned out on Raiding all together and moved on.

    Hardcore Raiding is dying!  And that is just a fact!

    Like I already said a few posts back.  Times change! People change!  Just the way of life!

    Cheers

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane

    RAID'ing most of the time is just all drama.

    Leadership dependent.

    You can have good guilds turn down drama alley and self-destruct, but it isn't a guarantee to happen to every guild.

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • Butcher_IncButcher_Inc ChichesterPosts: 17Member
    I don't understand MMORPG players who don't want to raid. Play something else.
  • Aison2Aison2 MarburgPosts: 624Member
    Originally posted by Onigod

    Its a pvp expansion.   Bought it but dont like it being a pvp expansion? shouldnt have bought it! it was well known.

    That's why they forget mmr-reset and had bugs that allowed combatrezz in arena right?
     Im withholding a roman about balancing. Frankly i expected it to be one but it certaintly isn't.

     

    @topic

    i think hes rigth that harder hc would help keep things more interesting but at the same time i got to ask what you as a gamer want? Personally im not the least bit interested in running the gear threadmill weekly to progress trough the raids. In that aspect lfr is great as it allows me to see content i wouldnt play in the first place otherwise.
    This of course doesnt help blizz as running trough lfr once wont keep me subbed but its a positive thing for the gamer who wants to experience it.

     

    Pi*1337/100 = 42

  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Millersburg, INPosts: 803Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Arakazi
    Originally posted by JeroKane Originally posted by Bladestrom Mm elitist arguements asside wow is fundementally about getting gear that is supposed to reflect your prestige within that games society. If you devalue this then there is no point being a gear centric game. The game has really confused and conflicting viewpoints.
    No. Being a gear centric game should have nothing to do with acting like an Elitsh entitled prick! It's those top 1% in games as WoW, EQ and EQ2 that have made it that way. I like to collect gear in MMO's. Advance my character. But I still play just for fun! Being able to clear a difficult dungeon or a RAID I see as both personal achievement for myself as together with the people I did it with. I had never any desire to parade my characters through Stormwind, Ironforge, Quenos or Freeport to show off, brag and look down on fellow gamers! Just because I had the time to spend those 6 hours in a row to participate in a RAID at that time. I find that childish and idiotic. It's terrible for the community as a whole. It had nothing but a poisoning effect. It's exacly this childish and elitish behaviour of that top 1% that gave both WoW and EQ2 such a bad name during the years! /shrug   The title of the Topic should be changed to: "This video explains what is wrong with gamers today". As there is nothing wrong with WoW itself. It just evolved over the years.  
    Neither of you read the thread or watched the video then. I guess that shows what's wrong with posters these days. Did you guys listen to him when he said it once took a weeks for some of raids to be cleared and when WOTLK was released it was cleared on the first day? Besides it's self evident that the game has gotten a lot easier and a helluva lot more gear orientated than it used to be.

    Besides, whats so wrong with showing of your hard won gear? Do you not take pride in your home, garden or car or whatever? Or do you sneer at your neighbour when he shows pride in his new wheels?


    Cleared the first day is not exactly true. It was cleared the first day the expansion was released. But it also took weeks of trying in the beta to make it to that point. That is how most of the big guilds are getting first clears on day one. Lots of practice and attempts during the beta testing cycle.

    So if we are going to call it like it is. Then by no means did anyone clear WoTLK on the first day the raid was put up for access.

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

     


    Originally posted by Arakazi

    Originally posted by JeroKane

    Originally posted by Bladestrom Mm elitist arguements asside wow is fundementally about getting gear that is supposed to reflect your prestige within that games society. If you devalue this then there is no point being a gear centric game. The game has really confused and conflicting viewpoints.
    No. Being a gear centric game should have nothing to do with acting like an Elitsh entitled prick! It's those top 1% in games as WoW, EQ and EQ2 that have made it that way. I like to collect gear in MMO's. Advance my character. But I still play just for fun! Being able to clear a difficult dungeon or a RAID I see as both personal achievement for myself as together with the people I did it with. I had never any desire to parade my characters through Stormwind, Ironforge, Quenos or Freeport to show off, brag and look down on fellow gamers! Just because I had the time to spend those 6 hours in a row to participate in a RAID at that time. I find that childish and idiotic. It's terrible for the community as a whole. It had nothing but a poisoning effect. It's exacly this childish and elitish behaviour of that top 1% that gave both WoW and EQ2 such a bad name during the years! /shrug   The title of the Topic should be changed to: "This video explains what is wrong with gamers today". As there is nothing wrong with WoW itself. It just evolved over the years.  
    Neither of you read the thread or watched the video then. I guess that shows what's wrong with posters these days. Did you guys listen to him when he said it once took a weeks for some of raids to be cleared and when WOTLK was released it was cleared on the first day? Besides it's self evident that the game has gotten a lot easier and a helluva lot more gear orientated than it used to be.

     

    Besides, whats so wrong with showing of your hard won gear? Do you not take pride in your home, garden or car or whatever? Or do you sneer at your neighbour when he shows pride in his new wheels?


     

    Cleared the first day is not exactly true. It was cleared the first day the expansion was released. But it also took weeks of trying in the beta to make it to that point. That is how most of the big guilds are getting first clears on day one. Lots of practice and attempts during the beta testing cycle.

    So if we are going to call it like it is. Then by no means did anyone clear WoTLK on the first day the raid was put up for access.

    Exactly. Back in the Vanilla WoW day people didn't had access to the RAID until it hit the live servers.

    And ofcourse it took long time to clear.

    1. RAID guilds were not able to practice on PTR for over a month!

    2. Due to RAID's hitting live directly, they were quite buggy and it took time to get fixed, before people were actually able to clear it.

    But ofcourse people don't want to accept this truth. They rather stick their heads in the sands and continue on moaning and bitching about how hard vanilla WoW was compared to today and how easymode RAIDs are today, eventho deep down they know it's not true.

    /Le Sigh

  • WicoaWicoa LondonPosts: 1,602Member Uncommon

    This is merely the ramblings of someone with their own opinion who has played the game alot.

    Everything in life has to evolve including mmorpgs.  The elders of the game get a bit grumpy when things change.

  • SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by 7star

    I played solid for 2 years after BC and on and off for 3 more years. I unsubbed and uninstalled 3 days ago. I was saddened by what I saw. I'm not bagging on WoW, but it is not the same game it was -- AT ALL.

     

    I'm not saying it's "bad." It's just not for me. My guild and everyone I knew or met who played WoW is gone. They moved on. 

     

    From my experience up to now, the game is not the same because -- especially because -- the community is not the same. I realize things change, games change and "evolve." But the direction WoW has taken discourages community and communication. It's all about grabbing the lewts as fast as possible and using other people to help you achieve that end only because it is necessary to have others help you. That is not community building. 

     

    And other people are necessary to show your stuff off to. That's the only other reason you need people around in the current iteration of WoW. It was a sad a lonely experience for me -- ironic because the queues on my server were longer than ever. 

     

    That's what made me sad about WoW. We aren't going to change it. There is a new generation of gamers who are not like the first generation of WoW players, so WoW will not go back to how it was. It's time for me to move on. That's all.

    I think blaming the game is BS. There is absoutely nothing that stops players from grouping and things like that except the players themselves.

    That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Pacific Northwest, WAPosts: 682Member
    Originally posted by 7star 

    Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

    Your generation? I have children older than you.

     

    In my day, we had to walk to an arcade to play a game...in the winter...with no shoes...uphill both ways...

    Optional PvP = No PvP
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Millersburg, INPosts: 803Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Arakazi
    Originally posted by JeroKane Originally posted by Thomas2006   Originally posted by Arakazi Originally posted by JeroKane Originally posted by Bladestrom Mm elitist arguements asside wow is fundementally about getting gear that is supposed to reflect your prestige within that games society. If you devalue this then there is no point being a gear centric game. The game has really confused and conflicting viewpoints.
    No. Being a gear centric game should have nothing to do with acting like an Elitsh entitled prick! It's those top 1% in games as WoW, EQ and EQ2 that have made it that way. I like to collect gear in MMO's. Advance my character. But I still play just for fun! Being able to clear a difficult dungeon or a RAID I see as both personal achievement for myself as together with the people I did it with. I had never any desire to parade my characters through Stormwind, Ironforge, Quenos or Freeport to show off, brag and look down on fellow gamers! Just because I had the time to spend those 6 hours in a row to participate in a RAID at that time. I find that childish and idiotic. It's terrible for the community as a whole. It had nothing but a poisoning effect. It's exacly this childish and elitish behaviour of that top 1% that gave both WoW and EQ2 such a bad name during the years! /shrug   The title of the Topic should be changed to: "This video explains what is wrong with gamers today". As there is nothing wrong with WoW itself. It just evolved over the years.  
    Neither of you read the thread or watched the video then. I guess that shows what's wrong with posters these days. Did you guys listen to him when he said it once took a weeks for some of raids to be cleared and when WOTLK was released it was cleared on the first day? Besides it's self evident that the game has gotten a lot easier and a helluva lot more gear orientated than it used to be.   Besides, whats so wrong with showing of your hard won gear? Do you not take pride in your home, garden or car or whatever? Or do you sneer at your neighbour when he shows pride in his new wheels?
      Cleared the first day is not exactly true. It was cleared the first day the expansion was released. But it also took weeks of trying in the beta to make it to that point. That is how most of the big guilds are getting first clears on day one. Lots of practice and attempts during the beta testing cycle. So if we are going to call it like it is. Then by no means did anyone clear WoTLK on the first day the raid was put up for access.
    Exactly. Back in the Vanilla WoW day people didn't had access to the RAID until it hit the live servers. And ofcourse it took long time to clear. 1. RAID guilds were not able to practice on PTR for over a month! 2. Due to RAID's hitting live directly, they were quite buggy and it took time to get fixed, before people were actually able to clear it. But ofcourse people don't want to accept this truth. They rather stick their heads in the sands and continue on moaning and bitching about how hard vanilla WoW was compared to today and how easymode RAIDs are today, eventho deep down they know it's not true. /Le Sigh
    You're talking out your ass mate or you are either blind or stupid or just trolling. Everything has been nerfed. HP reduced, damaged reduce etc. etc. Not just in dungeons or raids but even in the world. Elite and rare mobs used to actually be dangerous be be around! Now they couldn't even get me into 90% health if I solo them. It's pathtic how easy the game has become. It has more in common with hello kitty online with pets to train and cute little toons. As an adult you should be ashamed to play this pile of horse manure and the fact you pay for it makes me want to put out a restraining order against you. But I might be overeacting so I will settle this by saying, dude, it's just wrong.

    Depends on the level of the elite. Maybe if its 10 levels lower then you. But I can tell you with 100% that you will not walk into any of MoP Heroics and solo or duo them. Its not going to happen. Not without some cheats to back you up.

  • ArakaziArakazi OxfordPosts: 889Member
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

     



     

    Depends on the level of the elite. Maybe if its 10 levels lower then you. But I can tell you with 100% that you will not walk into any of MoP Heroics and solo or duo them. Its not going to happen. Not without some cheats to back you up.

    I was talking about the ones you get in the zones, some of them used to be group quests, still are marked as group quests I think but..... no matter.

  • AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member
    Originally posted by Homitu

    Imagine how much content current WoW would have if it featured a down-scaling system similar to GW2 or even FFXI.  This isn't meant to be a "praise the holy features of GW2!" moment, so bear with me.  I'm simply inviting you to imagine this one particular feature, perhaps not implemented in exactly the same way, in an aged game like WoW, which now features 4 full expansions of content.  Imagine if every WoW raid and dungeon was still challenging and offered relevant rewards.  There would be no need to remake 1 or 2 classic dungeons with each expansion; they'd all still be available!

     

    So essentially, just like Rift is now and will continue to be with the nearby Expansion.

    You can select the exact level you want to downscale to, do content for that level, and receive rewards relevant to your actual level.

    I do think WoW would definitely benefit with a system like that.  I prefer Rift's style over GW2 myself, because you're in control of your level.  You can under-level the content a bit if you want, or over-level it a bit, or just go at-level.

    Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a feature like this showed up in WoW at some point.  That will certainly create a lot more relevant content for everyone who enjoys that game.

     

    Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes


    image


    My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com


    Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Nowhere, TXPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by 7star 

    Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

    Your generation? I have children older than you.

     

    In my day, we had to walk to an arcade to play a game...in the winter...with no shoes...uphill both ways...

    That's right. When I was a kid. You had to program your own games, in basic, with 4k of ram, saved on a cassette tape, using a computer that had more steel in it than most cars are built with today.

    All die, so die well.

  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Nowhere, TXPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Acidon
    Originally posted by Homitu

    Imagine how much content current WoW would have if it featured a down-scaling system similar to GW2 or even FFXI.  This isn't meant to be a "praise the holy features of GW2!" moment, so bear with me.  I'm simply inviting you to imagine this one particular feature, perhaps not implemented in exactly the same way, in an aged game like WoW, which now features 4 full expansions of content.  Imagine if every WoW raid and dungeon was still challenging and offered relevant rewards.  There would be no need to remake 1 or 2 classic dungeons with each expansion; they'd all still be available!

     

    So essentially, just like Rift is now and will continue to be with the nearby Expansion.

    You can select the exact level you want to downscale to, do content for that level, and receive rewards relevant to your actual level.

    I do think WoW would definitely benefit with a system like that.  I prefer Rift's style over GW2 myself, because you're in control of your level.  You can under-level the content a bit if you want, or over-level it a bit, or just go at-level.

    Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a feature like this showed up in WoW at some point.  That will certainly create a lot more relevant content for everyone who enjoys that game.

     

    This is one of the reasons I am back in Rift. Great game, lots to do. Can set your level at will. and if you queue up to an instant adventure it will level you automatically to what ever zone it sends you to. I expect that this will be how they handle the level 50 normal and expert instances. Scale people back to 50 but give them lvl 60 rewards. You will probably have to be well reasonably geared at lvl 60 to do the 50 experts though. We will see.

    All die, so die well.

  • jayartejayarte LancasterPosts: 450Member
    Originally posted by 7star

    More importantly, IMO, is to think about what this says about our society.  What's happening in WoW and other games is only a microcosm of how our society is becoming. 

     

    That's what makes this so hard to accept. This is the direction consumer culture is taking on its headlong race to oblvion. People have no idea what quality is. They have now idea about hard work, honor, justice, etc.  

     

    Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

    This is what I'm always saying.  Games don't exist in isolation, they are part of a wider context which is the society we live in.  And it makes me very, very sad that these trends for self-obsessed, selfish, greedy behaviour are apparent everywhere.

  • TorikTorik London, ONPosts: 2,343Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jayarte
    Originally posted by 7star

    More importantly, IMO, is to think about what this says about our society.  What's happening in WoW and other games is only a microcosm of how our society is becoming. 

     

    That's what makes this so hard to accept. This is the direction consumer culture is taking on its headlong race to oblvion. People have no idea what quality is. They have now idea about hard work, honor, justice, etc.  

     

    Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

    This is what I'm always saying.  Games don't exist in isolation, they are part of a wider context which is the society we live in.  And it makes me very, very sad that these trends for self-obsessed, selfish, greedy behaviour are apparent everywhere.

    Exactly.  Elitist hardcore raiding is merely a sympton of people not being able to challenge themselves and measuring their achievements solely by the rewards they receive and not caring that the process to achieve those rewards is a soul crushing grinder meant to turn them into mindless zombies. 

12346»
Sign In or Register to comment.