Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terribly bored, pretty much have stopped playing...

1235»

Comments

• cchow4cchow4 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Do you guys remember when some people got all skill pointed up in TSW, then said it was the same old thing grinding dungeons for better gear? Isn't it the same thing in GW2? Grinding dungeons to get exotics?

Your forgetting that GW2 has pvp, unlike the mess that is pvp in TSW....

And you are forgetting that GW2 pvp is lackluster compared to GW1 =P

GW2 has too much of a limit in various builds. And even across different builds the main mechanics are typically the same. You dont get ridiculous builds that keep pvp entertaining by introducing new and dynamic builds all the time.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I expected Guild Wars 2 to blow my GW1 experience out of the water but the pvp so far is definately not even close. I mean comeon... there isnt even GvG in GUILD wars 2.. lol. but each his own. i know a fair number of ppl find it entertaining.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by cchow4
    Do you guys remember when some people got all skill pointed up in TSW, then said it was the same old thing grinding dungeons for better gear? Isn't it the same thing in GW2? Grinding dungeons to get exotics?

GW2 has too much of a limit in various builds. And even across different builds the main mechanics are typically the same. You dont get ridiculous builds that keep pvp entertaining by introducing new and dynamic builds all the time.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I expected Guild Wars 2 to blow my GW1 experience out of the water but the pvp so far is definately not even close. I mean comeon... there isnt even GvG in GUILD wars 2.. lol. but each his own. i know a fair number of ppl find it entertaining.

It did for me, and many others like you say. Besides the fact that GvG will eventually come, I always find the excuse that it doesn't have more "modes" of pvp weak. I  like to focus more on the pvp itself.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

This post is retarded, you just FEEL the need to post that you are bored of yet another mmo, and say everything wrong with it to the public.  Maybe it's you that is boring?  Maybe you need to broaden your mind and open your eyes to what mmos, especially this on brings to the table.

I'm just saying this because it is people like you, that rush meta game through an entire new mmo within the first month they play, then publicly note that they are bored, and there is nothing to do?  Well it's the people like you that are ruining mmos, the people that are never satisfied, never appeased.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

This post is retarded, you just FEEL the need to post that you are bored of yet another mmo, and say everything wrong with it to the public.  Maybe it's you that is boring?  Maybe you need to broaden your mind and open your eyes to what mmos, especially this on brings to the table.

I'm just saying this because it is people like you, that rush meta game through an entire new mmo within the first month they play, then publicly note that they are bored, and there is nothing to do?  Well it's the people like you that are ruining mmos, the people that are never satisfied, never appeased.

how can one broaden their mind and open their eyes when MMORPG's continually restrict the use of the mind while everyone turns a blind eye?

What MMO's in this new age bring to the table is:

1. Great graphics

2. Cool combat animations

3. Generic progression

4. Generic story

5. No brain

6. plug and play

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It did for me, and many others like you say. Besides the fact that GvG will eventually come, I always find the excuse that it doesn't have more "modes" of pvp weak. I  like to focus more on the pvp itself.

More so than the modes, even though valid if you wan something other than domination, it's the limit on builds and the main mechanics are the same like cchow stated.

There really needs to be more option than than weapon A has 3 abilities. Weapon B has 2 abilities type thing it is now. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

More so than the modes, even though valid if you wan something other than domination, it's the limit on builds and the main mechanics are the same like cchow stated.

There really needs to be more option than than weapon A has 3 abilities. Weapon B has 2 abilities type thing it is now. 

I disagree, we are FAR from getting to explore the system completely. Not to mention new skills will be added. There is enough choice to keep it fresh. Look at LoL for example, you only get a handfull of combinations per hero and the scene, competetiveness and strategy to the game is still pretty high.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Randayn

how can one broaden their mind and open their eyes when MMORPG's continually restrict the use of the mind while everyone turns a blind eye?

1. Great graphics

3. Generic progression

4. Generic story

5. No brain

6. plug and play

7. people that have forgotten how to enjoy themselves and can only complain about everything

Originally posted by Connmacart

1. Great graphics

3. Generic progression

4. Generic story

5. No brain

6. plug and play

7. people that have forgotten how to enjoy themselves and can only complain about everything

Currently playing Anarchy Online and Darkfall and having a blast....very much so enjoying myself....not sure what you are talking about?

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

1. Great graphics

3. Generic progression

4. Generic story

5. No brain

6. plug and play

Currently playing Anarchy Online and Darkfall and having a blast....very much so enjoying myself....not sure what you are talking about?

According to him if you don't enjoy GW2 you have forgotten how to enjoy yourself. Doesn't matter if you are enjoying other games.

Originally posted by halflife25

1. Great graphics

3. Generic progression

4. Generic story

5. No brain

6. plug and play

According to him if you don't enjoy GW2 you have forgotten how to enjoy yourself. Doesn't matter if you are enjoying other games.

I never really said that actually...my post was a hit on the "new player mentality" more than it was the game.  Non-MMORPG gamers invaded and now they run the MMORPG wagon wheel.  So now we get 5, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2 in that particular order....not because of anything else but consumer demand.  If I need to spell it out anymore then I have, then I think I have proven my point.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

You can be sure he perfectly understood what has been said, but then he would have lost an opportunity to bash GW2. Agendas are made obvious via post history.

AC1 wasn't really a sandbox either, but also had no end game and it was up to the player to decide what he wanted to do, he wasn't forced into some gear grind to be able to access the next tier gear grind. He could play solo, in groups, just hunting or doing dungeons/quests. Just like GW2, he wasn't handheld. The newer gamer generation seem to have a hard time deciding what to do by themself, they need a narrow corridor to follow where the game pushes them in at max level.

Pot.  Meet kettle.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

You can be sure he perfectly understood what has been said, but then he would have lost an opportunity to bash GW2. Agendas are made obvious via post history.

AC1 wasn't really a sandbox either, but also had no end game and it was up to the player to decide what he wanted to do, he wasn't forced into some gear grind to be able to access the next tier gear grind. He could play solo, in groups, just hunting or doing dungeons/quests. Just like GW2, he wasn't handheld. The newer gamer generation seem to have a hard time deciding what to do by themself, they need a narrow corridor to follow where the game pushes them in at max level.

Pot.  Meet kettle.

That is his favorite word and he loves going through other's posting history. If i were you i would just hit report button and move on. Not worth it.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Ridrith

I hit level 80 in a little over week on Guild Wars 2.  No, that wasn't me rushing either.  I stopped to get 100% on quite a few of the maps and even decided to work on the tedium that is crafting.  I farmed mobs for cloth, and other supplies...  However I find myself bored with the game now.  I'm level 80 and I'm wearing full exotic armor, with an exotic one-handed sword, axe, and a rare two-handed sword as my secondary...  The thought of grinding dungeons for tokens to get armor just isn't appealing in any sense.

Problems I'm facing:

Dungeons aren't entertaining, the storylines presented with in them were trash.  It actually made me hate the entire group of Destiny's Edge rather then care about them in any meainginful way.  After reading the novels this was a terrible let down.  Dungeon rewards as it stands are also terrible and simply aren't worth doing.

Personal Story, I've taken the story to the level 74-75 mission where I'm on the verge of brinign down the Mouth.  The storyline as a whole isn't very interesting but the supporting characters they've got me with make it to where I'm not even remotely interested in finishing.  It's my opinion, sure, but to me...  It just wasn't what I thought it would be.  The story is extremely generic and this is proving to be one of the main issues for me.  If I'm not interested, or invested in the world I'm playing in...  What's the point?

Guilds serve no purpose -  Being able to join multiple guilds killed any sense of community that I've felt in previous MMOs.  EQ, EQ2, World of Warcraft...  I was proud to be in a guild, because we were all working towards the same goals as a group.  Half of the time when I look in guild I see that very few are actually representing.  Terrible system.

can you type /age, ingame, and inform us the result ?

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

A lot of the fanboys on here are going to tell you something stupid like 'It's not the game, your not playing it right" or something equally stupid.

The truth is this it has no endgame and people are bored to tears and leaving.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'd like to point out that WvWvW is kind of broken after the latest patch. Pretty much nothing renders around you if there are 20-30 people around you, enemies or friendlies. Prior to this patch it was possible to end up in some huge three server battle with so many people that abilities (besides dodge) wouldn't work at all due to lag. Post patch they "fixed" the ability delay, but you need to be a psychic to locate and attack the enemy zerg, while being safe doing it.

This is not related to players computer btw, top end machines have the same issues with everyone else.

Here's a video on how things are atm (you can find topics on it on the official forums as well, WvW section):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w7xqKDP28&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully they'll fix it soon enough.