Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Servers hacked - entire cities dying - LOL

2»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by bcbully
    loggin in now to check out the event!

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    Originally posted by defector1968
    Originally posted by RathanX26
    So i guess someone finally killed wow?

u know its the 3rd hack in wow history

Which is two more than most companies have experienced.

Blizzard Entertainment: Setting the Bar!

actually is activision now

and wow is 3rd in MMO list after world of tanks and 2nd life right now

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by defector1968

and wow is 3rd in MMO list after world of tanks and 2nd life right now

I thought Maple Story was up there too, definitely ahead of WoW.  I could be mistaken.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    This is the first time in years I've been entertained by something in WoW.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by kalinis

ive never been hacked in wow in 6 yrs. Then i dont go buying gold from gold sellers i dont respond to u can win this mount emails or any of that. 

I have an authenticator and ive never been hacked. Not once, 

Companies get hacked all the time Just look at soe.  hell gw2 has been hacked already and they haven't been out that long. 

it happens. They will fix the authenticator servers i just wish had done so by nowl

No, GW2 have not been hacked and neither have Wows database.  SOE did get hacked and it seems Wow have been hacked here but not in the way someone have been stealing personal information from anyone.

Large hacking attacks are pretty unusual, usually it is just someone using a speedhack. And most accounts get stolen by phising mails and keyloggers. Hacking Blizzards, ANETs or someone elses server is a lot harder than just hacking someone computer.

Stuff like this do happen, and since Wow still is the largest MMO in the west it is of course the main target for any hacker. Unless it starts to happen often so players cant play it is just a small annoyance.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19869466

This is even made the front page of BBC news this morning. Funniest thing I have seen in ages.:)

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

This is the kind of stuff that makes gaming history.

Now I regret not getting MoP. The game itself may or may not be worth it, but this surely would! :)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Video by the hacker that did it, testing it out 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-1FpPpBRI

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Then again, it's not really because you see, my account was hacked twice by gold farmers even with an authenticator and the second time they had help from the inside. GM's who were getting kickbacks from the gold farmers to remove security long enough to hack the accounts. It was in the news, just not mainstream news so it wasn't noticed.

I seriously doubt someone inside Blizzard is giving access to your account. 

I would believe that you got hacked in the one way authenticators are useless, and that's a man in the middle attack.

It's a conspiracy.  I actually know 3 people plus myself that had their account compromised 6 months to the day they cancelled their subscription.

• BioBreakBioBreak Member Posts: 48

The hacking in WOW has been as bad as in a free to play asian game, for years now.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    owned

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by BioBreak
    The hacking in WOW has been as bad as in a free to play asian game, for years now. 

Generally, yes.