Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Son got me back in

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Well, here I was, 10 months without playing WoW. 

My Son calls me (he is 19) and says "Dad, I really want the (whatever that mount is). Can I ressurect you to come back and play, pleeeaase.  Being soft hearted I said ok.  I ended up buying Mists, then I said screw it, ended up upgrading to get the perks.  60.00 USD later, I am back...sheesh. I really thought I was done with this game.

I just bought GW2 also.

In any case, I really like what Blizzard did.  It makes the game easier to play for casual players.  I am having fun.

Oh well. Spoiled kids, gotta love em  ;-)

Comments

• yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234
    Just out of curiosity which game do you like more now, wow or g2? Also, which game do you find yourself playing more often and why? It seems as if you enjoy both but I wouldn't mind hearing a "non" bias opinion of each game compared to the other.
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by yodablaze
    Just out of curiosity which game do you like more now, wow or g2? Also, which game do you find yourself playing more often and why? It seems as if you enjoy both but I wouldn't mind hearing a "non" bias opinion of each game compared to the other.

To tell you the truth, I really like both.

GW2 is a totally new concept in gaming, in my opinion. The quests and events are fun, graphics are superb, Colors are vibrant and the world is a living world with excellent acting.  Even in Cities, all the chatter.  GW2 is totally free to play after you purchase the game, so I can play it forever with no other costs involved.

As far as Mists goes, well, I am having a blast in that game also, but may not stay the duration as I will with GW2. I feel at home in Mists since I have been playing WoW since vanilla. You have to invest more time in WoW to get anywhere in my opinion. I am not that good at dungeon crawling/raiding. I go with my Sons in the dungeons using skype and all they do is yell at me.

DAD, do this, dont do this, watch out for this, Why did you do that, stop doing that, do it this way.  They make me feel like I am the kid and they are the Dad....LOL.  Then they tell me " Let me log on to your account, you need this item, I will get it for you" 

Overall, I like Mists better, only beacuse there are more people to interact with.  GW2 feels more like a single player RPG to me.  It is still fun 

Forgot one of your questions.  I am playing Mists more. When I get burned out a little on Mists, I play GW2 for about an hour or so or one of flying simulators.  The monthly charge kinda makes me play WoW a little more also.

• garbonzogarbonzo Member Posts: 260
    Originally posted by outfctrl
    Originally posted by yodablaze

To tell you the truth, I really like both.

GW2 is a totally new concept in gaming, in my opinion. The quests and events are fun, graphics are superb, Colors are vibrant and the world is a living world with excellent acting.  Even in Cities, all the chatter.  GW2 is totally free to play after you purchase the game, so I can play it forever with no other costs involved.

As far as Mists goes, well, I am having a blast in that game also, but may not stay the duration as I will with GW2. I feel at home in Mists since I have been playing WoW since vanilla. You have to invest more time in WoW to get anywhere in my opinion. I am not that good at dungeon crawling/raiding. I go with my Sons in the dungeons using skype and all they do is yell at me.

DAD, do this, dont do this, watch out for this, Why did you do that, stop doing that, do it this way.  They make me feel like I am the kid and they are the Dad....LOL.  Then they tell me " Let me log on to your account, you need this item, I will get it for you" 

Overall, I like Mists better, only beacuse there are more people to interact with.  GW2 feels more like a single player RPG to me.  It is still fun 

Forgot one of your questions.  I am playing Mists more. When I get burned out a little on Mists, I play GW2 for about an hour or so or one of flying simulators.  The monthly charge kinda makes me play WoW a little more also.

LOL this is awesome. Thanks. I'm enjoying GW2 extremely casually but have toyed with getting Mists (also an old vanilla player, been out of WoW for a year).