Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

This. Very good post and exactly what i feel as well.

Took me 2 weeks to get bored, havent played since.

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    I miss the days when quests were something along the lines of "find the roaming orcs to the north and get back the stolen necklace"  thats it, no map markers or quest helpers.  You didn't know if that meant 2 min walk to the north or 10 min to the north.  Sometimes you would end up fighting up the wrong group of orcs for a long time before you realized that wasn't even where you were suppose to be.  That was exploring.  And hey if you needed help you would have to actually ask other people and talk to them.
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by stratasaurus
    I miss the days when quests were something along the lines of "find the roaming orcs to the north and get back the stolen necklace"  thats it, no map markers or quest helpers.  You didn't know if that meant 2 min walk to the north or 10 min to the north.  Sometimes you would end up fighting up the wrong group of orcs for a long time before you realized that wasn't even where you were suppose to be.  That was exploring.  And hey if you needed help you would have to actually ask other people and talk to them.

Or Alt+Tab, Google, and have the answer in 5 seconds...

Nothing wrong with nostalgia or enjoying the "glory days" of your MMO-youth, but there are reasons why many games have trended away from it. At least you can turn off the Map Markers in GW2 if you prefer.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by MikkelB
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by Randayn

my boredom set in a bit faster....still trying to play the game though cuz I bought it and hate wasting things.

have clocked over 100 hours of playtime and haven't gotten a toon over level 22...people say exploration is a strength but I disagree (and I LOVE exploration)....most things are pointed out on the map already and for those things that arent (hidden caves, jumping quests) there is nothing extraordinary about them...just another place where mobs camp and wait for you to kill them.  It is a huge world, but alot of it feels like empty space...even the smaller towns are very bleh...nothing to really do in them.  The best part of the game is the city and that also has everything pointed out to you.

It feels like a very grindy, hand-holding adventure....and although i've said this a million times, the DE's are nothing more than waves of mobs over and over sometimes leading to a boss....yay....

The fact that nobody is a tank or healer and everybody is DPS is kinda ridiculous...it wipes out the only way to give people a small semblence of individuality in your toon...no matter what game alot of people will have the same gear, alot of people will have the same build, but when you are in a small 5 man group, you will more than likely be the ONLY tank, the ONLY healer and if you are in a tight knit guild, you will be the person everyone rely's on in dungeon runs...that's gone...now it's a free for-all while hoping you have the right specs and classes to debuff (repetiitiously) and dodge/die your way to victory...no real strat...just stay alive and use debuffs alot.

another uninspiring themepark fantasy MMO...it's a shame...could have been ALOT better...

You can turn off map icons. This game was never about tyhe holy trinity. Whining about no healer so you can be a special snowflake means you spent no time understanding this game before or during your time playing.

Replying to this post way back in this thread, it's clear to me that the holy trinity is absent from this game. What I didn't expect is that a lot of the fights that I experienced, are lonely. I try my best to kill the boss or whatever, the same with all the other players around me. Thing is, for me it doesn't feel like a group fight or a raid fight. Everybody looks after him-/herself and that's about it. What the holy trinity provides is a framework. Each role supports eachother and it's clear what is expected of everyone. GW2 lacks that for me and it's only by putting in some hours that I discovered this.

Personally, GW2 gives me the feeling of zerging, just throwing bodies at a boss till it suicides out of pure boredom. Sure, there are some nice battles (from what I've seen in some movies), but I enjoy raid fights in WoW (or Rift for what that matters), more.

While "special snowflake" sounds a bit silly, you're correct that no one is special in GW2. Everyone is the same, average, generic champion. Perhaps I did feel special as a raid tank in WoW, but it made me no more special that the healers or dps. Everybody does their part. That's what I miss the most in GW2.

Now, on topic. 8 Hours a day is a lot of time. I wouldn't be suprised if you gets bored of the game by playing it that much and rushing through the game. People tend to say that all of GW2 is endgame, so rushing through it seems a bit of a waste to me.

I lost my interest in raids in Vanguard. To me nothing was more boring than those. The strategy for every raid boss was just to learn at what % of HP the boss would use a special skill and avoid or interupt it. But since the script was so simple it took no time to learn this.

Sorry but not everyone is the same in GW2. I would say the opposite is true.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

ROFL

Hey OP if you were spending that kind of time doing a 10/10 poster pin up babe... you would be getting bored of that too ;)

Moderation is the key

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by myca5John
    I think i need break too

Lol even the bots are burning out

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

My wife and I are long term DAOC players.We both left for GW2.She just returned to a 10 year old subscription game....DAOC today.

Frankly the current GW2 WvW ..is not acceptable unless you want to feel like a hamster on speed....zerging around  for hours on end only to see a counter zerg undo what you've taken moments before.

Me....i'm hanging on...but I haven't played for days.I L O V E faction conflict and am so disapointed in what WvW is ....so far.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

My wife and I are long term DAOC players.We both left for GW2.She just returned to a 10 year old subscription game....DAOC today.

Frankly the current GW2 WvW ..is not acceptable unless you want to feel like a hamster on speed....zerging around  for hours on end only to see a counter zerg undo what you've taken moments before.

Me....i'm hanging on...but I haven't played for days.I L O V E faction conflict and am so disapointed in what WvW is ....so far.

There's your problem right there. Get a small group, doesn't even have to be over 3 people, and go do stuff on your own. As long as they are a little bit competent, you'll have way more fun than you ever did in the group. I hated WvW and still hate it unless I play it with friends becuase I can't get stuff done on my own and the zerg is by far the most boring thing known to man, and won't get any better anytime soon.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

You got a F2P MMO with a lifetime sub for 60$ (Euphemists call that "B2P")

So what do you expect for that amount of money? Endless fun and monthly new content?

Get a sub for a real MMO.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

You got a F2P MMO with a lifetime sub for 60$ (Euphemists call that "B2P") So what do you expect for that amount of money? Endless fun and monthly new content?Get a sub for a real MMO.

Now that's really ignorant. Just take a lookt at Valve games. They are b2p or have been b2p (TF2) and have one of the best quality and value (CS) you can get. I am under the impression people who say B2P is inferior and/or bad for the consumer are the ones playing MMOs like a job.

Edit: Playing games endlessly sounds a lot like an addiction to me.
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Originally posted by Stx11
    Originally posted by stratasaurus

Or Alt+Tab, Google, and have the answer in 5 seconds...

Nothing wrong with nostalgia or enjoying the "glory days" of your MMO-youth, but there are reasons why many games have trended away from it. At least you can turn off the Map Markers in GW2 if you prefer.

And who created the answers? The players, the community, EQ epic quests had updates from various people across various servers. Now the answers are given to you before you even start, along with little markers on a map saying, "Kill this orc here and collect the necklace.".

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

I'm right there with ya. Now I only play a couple of times a week for a couple of hours. Besides beating stuff up while exploring, there isn't that much to do (other than crafting, which I don't like in any MMO). The story mission is just bad, so I don't bother with it.

I need a sandbox game that doesn't play like a pretty spreadsheet. If Ultima Online wasn't so hard on the eyes, I'd probably go back to that. Wish Archage would come to the States. That looks promising.

lol you looking for a hardcore sandbox mmo? play eve, i play it and also play gw2.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

So what do you expect for that amount of money? Endless fun and monthly new content?

this ^

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Butcher_Inc

If I hadn't sold my WoW account last year I'd be playing MoP... 

offtopic

but for $60.00 you can have a new WOW acct with all expansions including MOP

Blizzard has a 45% discounted upgrade bundle for all Starter Accounts

Are WoW accounts worth anything anymore ? I mean as Nadia points out your can get all the expansions and orginal game for a reasonable price . It takes no time at all to level now . Its not like the old days where you had to put real effort into achieving something in WoW now .

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Yes, lets all do what you tell us to do, oh great and wise true MMOer. Let's completely ignore the fact that quite a few MMOs with a sub fee in the past and even the present could be just as piss poor as the so called evil B2P, and certainly more so than the devils that are the F2P MMOs.

Let's also completely ignore the fact thatsome new subscription MMOs have super high box prices, come with a cash shop, or even both at the same time! Let's completely ignore the fact that for some MMOs, your sub fee usually meant nothing for anywhere between 6 months to over a year when the dev team finally decides to release a single raid or dungeon when they feel like it.

But ignore all that! You surely know far more than my lowly B2P MMO loving self, oh wise and noble blit.

/sarcasm off.

But seriously, P2P can be just as crappy as any of the F2P or B2P you seem to loathe oh so much.

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

LOL, ANet suspended me from their forum because I gave them my two cents about their "patch" that made a horrible player culling situation in WvW to a - see zero enemies in WvW situation. 

Epic fail game from a pathetic company. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

"Urge to kill rising!"

If I misspelled urge, I'm sorry.

Sub = real mmo(bullshit)

Enjoy your lifes guys and peace.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by CallsignVega

LOL, ANet suspended me from their forum because I gave them my two cents about their "patch" that made a horrible player culling situation in WvW to a - see zero enemies in WvW situation. 

Dude, they are some Forum Nazi's over there.  I've been infracted like 5 times already over stupid crap.  Every time I see a new message I think; OMG, wtf did I do this time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for keeping the forums clean but shouting "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" at everyone isn't going to help them communicate with their community.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by papardelios

this ^

I remember thinking, "Wow, I can get all of this for B2P?" Then ugly things began to show like, the lack of customer service, the constant tugging from the cash shop. I also began to see where corners were cut, like making a cohesive game world. On top of that I can't see any large content updates in the future. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by IPolygon

You should learn to read and follow agreements then. You won't get pms if you behave.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

We all misbehave every now and then but it seems like they are abusing their 'personal calls'.  There's no need to infract an user for a simple misinterpretation of their rules.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by bcbully

this ^

I remember thinking, "Wow, I can get all of this for B2P?" Then ugly things began to show like, the lack of customer service, the constant tugging from the cash shop. I also began to see where corners were cut, like making a cohesive game world. On top of that I can't see any large content updates in the future. 

I already see several places where there will put in addons - to name a few - in LA where the Tengu are (there is a door which you can't get in right now); The Vigil's HQ in Gendarran - there is a door guarded and an Asuran Gate behind it (another future expansion); some guildmates talked about a door near where Maguma Jungle was in GW1; Also another door by the Crystal Desert. These are just a few places where I can see addons going from.

P2P don't add any more that B2P - it is just a different business model. Real subs are like a social obligation - you feel you HAVE to play.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by bcbully

this ^

I already see several places where there will put in addons - to name a few - in LA where the Tengu are (there is a door which you can't get in right now); The Vigil's HQ in Gendarran - there is a door guarded and an Asuran Gate behind it (another future expansion); some guildmates talked about a door near where Maguma Jungle was in GW1; Also another door by the Crystal Desert. These are just a few places where I can see addons going from.

P2P don't add any more that B2P - it is just a different business model. Real subs are like a social obligation - you feel you HAVE to play.

That is your problem. Please don't try to project your feelings on rest of us. I have been playing P2P MMOS for a long time and never felt i 'have' to play. Maybe because i have a good income and for me 15 bucks a month is like a pocket change. No other source of entertainment gets any cheaper than this.

I spent more money on coffee every day.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

With GW2 I finally have the MMO i can put aside

This wins the thread :D

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by botrytis Real subs are like a social obligation - you feel you HAVE to play.
    That is your problem. Please don't try to project your feelings on rest of us. I have been playing P2P MMOS for a long time and never felt i 'have' to play. Maybe because i have a good income and for me 15 bucks a month is like a pocket change. No other source of entertainment gets any cheaper than this.

I've had discussions about this on ventrilo and in game with people, most of us agree that when you pay a sub, you feel you have to put in time to make the monthly sub worth it. With games that has no sub (or first person shooters) I find myself playing them much less or not at all for a period of time, in SWTOR I added a 2 month gamecard and I was pretty much done with that game not even a month into that 2 month sub but I kept playing it.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Originally posted by halflife25

Originally posted by botrytis Real subs are like a social obligation - you feel you HAVE to play.

I've had discussions about this on ventrilo and in game with people, most of us agree that when you pay a sub, you feel you have to put in time to make the monthly sub worth it. With games that has no sub (or first person shooters) I find myself playing them much less or not at all for a period of time, in SWTOR I added a 2 month gamecard and I was pretty much done with that game not even a month into that 2 month sub but I kept playing it.

I also belong to large gaming community. And we had discussion about this many times. Most of them are in 30's and 40's and play multiple games and no body even cares about 15 bucks a month considering it is the cheapest source of entertainment.