Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots Bots Bots Bots.....

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, BOTS everywhere!

BotWars2

Comments

• UtukuUtuku Member Posts: 30
    An semi Asian cash shop grinder and people are supprised it's infested with hacks and bots.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Utuku
    An semi Asian cash shop grinder and people are supprised it's infested with hacks and bots.

Not surprised... but so soon?

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    I forgot what bots look like. Either that, or they made them so lifelike in WOW that I can't tell anymore. I swear I haven't seen one since TBC.
  • Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

What a suprise.

When i mentioned the bot issue from GW1  and  and said i got doubts that it will be adressed  GW2

i got bashed , flamed  and whatnot. Theres more to come imo ... like rare mat sellers ect  from china or elsewhere floating the chat

LIKE IT WAS in GW1.

This is what u get from b2p....and NC-Soft  (ArenaNet  has no vote )most likely  wont take any  countermeasures  ,Policy is "you get caught i ban you ...but feel free to buy again   and try again"

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, it's kind of hilarious to watch the double standards. Anything good and it's all Anet and NCsoft has zero say or can get any credit for. Anything bad and it's all NCsoft's fault and Anet is powerless and not at fault.

Sorry, can't have it both ways.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

BotWars2

After checking the your last 35 posts or so (which are 2/3rds about DF, and a few complaining about GW2): What do you base this on?

Do you actually play? Have you seen plenty of bots?

I never seen an obvious bot and I been playing for over 200 hours. In Linegae they were everywhere, but here no.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Well NC Soft MIGHT had a part in pushing a quick time frame, ultimately its ANET that didn't put measures in game to stop it, worst being the teleporting bots which is a VERY bad thing. Bothers me as well that even after releasee they haven't bothered putting fail safes for events yet either. Sure you can claim it was rushed released, but a month later and its still lacking those failsafes from what I did see, granted I'll admit I haven't been able to force myself to play for over 20 minutes a day.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Well, it's kind of hilarious to watch the double standards. Anything good and it's all Anet and NCsoft has zero say or can get any credit for. Anything bad and it's all NCsoft's fault and Anet is powerless and not at fault.

What is NC softs fault is that they use email adresses as usernames, it is their standard which their partners just have to live with,

The rest is of course ANETs fault, but the bot problem is a storm in a waterglass. Account hacking is a real problem, and ANET really should restore hacked accounts items and characters at least, complain on that instead if you want to complain instead.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Loke666

BotWars2

After checking the your last 35 posts or so (which are 2/3rds about DF, and a few complaining about GW2): What do you base this on?

I never seen an obvious bot and I been playing for over 200 hours. In Linegae they were everywhere, but here no.

My main is a lvl70 thief.. i play every day not too much though as the first weeks. And yes i see bots in every area... a group of hunters running around farming, even events. I dont know why my last 35post has something to do with this... its a fact i see every day and its getting worse

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    maybe it depends on what server your on, I have seen loads of bots and they are as obvious as the sky is blue. The thing that bugs me most is why on earth would people support the gold farmers by buying gold, there is already a way to do it ingame and it is a lot safer than buying from an unknown source.
  • Aimee46Aimee46 Member Posts: 11

Ohh I forgot to mention .....hardly bots and goldsellers on European servers. Did not see many since pre-launch. Of course there are some, like in any other MMO game. At least its not so bad is in all those other games I played before the last 10 years.

BTW.....Anet is an American company from Bellevue Washington. Which means its not an Asian grinder. They developed the game in total freedom.

Playing: GW2 & Tera.
    Played: Lotro, Lineage, Lineage2, GW1, WoW, CoHV, Tabula Rasa, AoC, Aion, Rift, Allods and several other f2p but of minor importance

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Do we really need yet another thread on this subject? What was wrong with contributing in the others?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,958

BotWars2

My main is a lvl70 thief.. i play every day not too much though as the first weeks. And yes i see bots in every area... a group of hunters running around farming, even events. I dont know why my last 35post has something to do with this... its a fact i've seen every day and its getting worse

It was the same crap back with Aion.

There armies of bots were constantly clearing entire quest areas of mobs. It was disgusting.

We reported every single bot, but when we still saw the exact same bots on the exact same spot farming over a week later, we all hit the Cancel button and left that craptastic game.

NCSoft has never really cared about bots and never will.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    [mod edit]

We could look at your post history then... account created 4 days ago, 23 posts, all GW2 bashing, repeating "asian cash shop grind" at least 5 times.

The agenda of some people are pretty obvious. Reading post histories is always entertaining and helps filling your block list efficiently.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Xasapis

theres no double standart .

the whole GW franchise belongs to NC-Soft( Linage 1+2 too ). Peroid .

And the same problems persisted with those games too .The Funds for  anything  would come from NC Soft..and extra

employees for monitoring bots and  ploiters  was never on their priority list ...with any game

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    There's plenty of bots, they seem to have increased in numbers over the past few days. The teleporting kind aren't as common anymore, more are running along a fixed path shooting whatever comes their way, bots are usually rangers with pets.

Devs have posted that they are working on a fix that will greatly reduce, if not eliminate botting, and that this fix will be implemented in near future. I'm eagerly waiting to see how it turns out.
  • jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570
    If you're posting about bots, could you name the servers because I've yet to see any - Gandara EU.
    Desolation EU. Have a look at the grawl populated area southwest of where claw of jormag land, counted a dozen or so there last night.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Originally posted by jacklo
    If you're posting about bots, could you name the servers because I've yet to see any - Gandara EU.

To be honest, I'm on Gandara and I've seen some, notably in Queensdale - a couple of hunters with gibberish names running in circles killing random stuff over and over.

But it's nowhere near the invasion some posters here try to make us believe.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Nefera
    Desolation EU. Have a look at the grawl populated area southwest of where claw of jormag land, counted a dozen or so there last night.

Noticing more and more on Desolation myself over the last week or so. Not a gamebreaking amount or anything, but clearly there.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,202

The bots I used to see, usually 4 or 5 characters with all armour gone and each with a name made up of a jumble of letters, are gone now. There was a lvl 40 bot yesterday, on its own, with armour and a "sensible" name which was teleoprting around killing the moas and a couple of wargs outside a town all day. 

I don't know whether a player had been hijacked or whether the player was playing around with a botting program.  I reported it, for what that's worth.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

BotWars2

Yes GW2 has bots. I've reported over 2 dozen myself in the last few days, and I wasn't even hunting for them, just doing map completions. Server Devona's Rest.

Due to GW2's game design botting is at least less "harmful" in the game world than in in other MMOs (still irritating tho), but long term the bots are still a negative that needs to continue to be addressed. Thank the Devs they let us Players report them.

Gold Seller's Mails I still get, but much less than last week, I don't use Map chat anymore in part due to the gold sellers, and in part due to normal chat garbage (no need to get into that now).

It's best to report them, yes. I've also been blocking every one I've reported, and on average gold sellers (regular chat spam) are usually permanently offline the next day. Bots take a few days more, but they do get banned as well. I don't think I've seen a spam for gold selling for nearly a week now, bots have become more common though.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I have been playing since Beta and haven't seen a BOT yet.

Or maybe BOT technology is so advance I can't even notice.

Either way, it is not affecting my gaming

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by Nefera

Whiteside ridge, Gendarran Fields - around 50 bots in various group sizes (3 to 5), around the north centaur hills, and south at the swamp, same goes for all areas below lvl 50. (Haven't seen any above lvl50 on that server) Necro groups, Ranger groups with bears.

Since i've only switched around 6 servers (2 us) i can't say how the overall bot population is, neither do i care enough to commit my time to count every bot i see.

So my guess is, it's ignorant and dumb to claim gw2 has a massive issue or non at all. However, while not reaching the other NCsoft game bot treshold, i can safely claim there are at least around 200+ bots just on whiteside ridge farming right now since weeks.

When you consider that whiteside ridge is a medium filled server with no overflow requests in queensdale you are likely seeing and meeting more bots than players. (Which isn't nice).

This discussion has been closed.