Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Patch v5.1 to Arrive on PTS Soon

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has updated the World of Warcraft blog with the news that the first major content update to the recently released Mists of Pandaria expansion will be arriving on the public test server in the near future. The blog signals Blizzard's intention to provide more content more often and lays out a few of the details of the forthcoming patch.

Pandaria and the War of Conquest

While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will find Horde and Alliance expeditions arriving in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between these factions to the fore. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Read the full post on the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    PTS = PTR
  • MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

Brawler’s Guild

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.

Sounds as if it could be interesting if they implement this well.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Full notes;

While Mists of Pandaria already comes packed full of some of the most diverse and expansive World of Warcraft content to date, we’re staying true to our goal of delivering new content faster. With that in mind, we’re pleased to share that the first major Mists of Pandaria content update, Patch 5.1, is well underway.
    In fact, our plan is to release a build of patch 5.1 on the Public Test Realms soon so you can experience it for yourself! Initially, the PTR build won’t include all of the 5.1 patch content, but here’s a glimpse of the major features that are already in the pipeline.

Patch 5.1 Features

Pandaria and the War of Conquest
    While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Brawler’s Guild
    Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Pet Battles Improvements
    Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Item Upgrades
    You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

The Quest Continues
    Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.

Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare release Patch 5.1 for testing!

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Sounds good.
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    So essentially this is the stuff that wasn't finnished for the release of MoP .
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by roo67
    So essentially this is the stuff that wasn't finnished for the release of MoP .

and alot more thats still not finished and probably never will

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    What ever happened to dance studios?
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

WoW is going to Post Traumatic Stress soon?

...Well considering the flak it gets, it's not surprising.

.../not serious

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Well that's fast!
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618

In the 'brewing conflict' ?  So we all get free beer, right?

The Pandarians seem to have a major thing for drinking and brewing, so I guess it makes sense.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    What ever happened to dance studios?

It's there with aerial battles and new character models.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Wow was one of the best game when still in vanilla with it's open pvp having hundrends people fighting now is just a bad game dying year by year having blizzard trying to ressuresct  it every year with silly expansions.

Not that other mmos are good but wow started big to fail us all.

There will be no mmo ever again.Everyone please return to single player games and you will have 100 hundred time more fun.

Currently playing dead or alive 5 and hell it gives me more fun than farming games.Yeah thats what i call them from now on.Not mmos but farming second job games.

Well i dont need a freaking second job i need a game.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

I for one, think this actually sounds good, and some of it, refreshing, for ex. the brawling.

Wow is apparently so popular to hate, that even the good  things are just fail attempts that should be forever dead. I think credit should be given where credit is due, just my thoughts.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I got totally bored of GW2 after 2 weeks.

I bit the bullet and I am actually having a blast with my Panda Monk :P LOL!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Good to see your having a blast with MoP.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Good to see your having a blast with MoP.

Monk is pretty boring the first 10 levels or so (but which WoW class isn't hehe).

Especially after level18 or so, the class really starts to take off. Got lots of utility now. really a lot of fun.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by JeroKane

+1. I probably played 4 years of WoW; couldn't make it to 2 weeks of GW2, no matter how much I wanted to like t. No depth or variety and though I never got there, apparently little or no end game.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

That Brawling bit sounds like solo PVE instances - something I've been CRAVING in WoW for years!

If the rewards are adequate, this will probably be the highlight of the expansion for me.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I'm sure the playerbase will just LOVE more dailies. I've talked to friends and looked at the forums and people are pissed at the amount of dailies as it is now. Its kind of funny how Blizzard got rid of keys for gates, gear as gates, but now add dailies as gates. Thats right for thoes of you not playing. They decided it was a good idea to make dailies required to access more content. And now they are adding more? LOL

Brawls sound fun though. I'm sure the players will love anything that takes away from the tedious content that is World of Dailyquest.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

same here man :)

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by xenogias

I'm sure the playerbase will just LOVE more dailies. I've talked to friends and looked at the forums and people are pissed at the amount of dailies as it is now. Its kind of funny how Blizzard got rid of keys for gates, gear as gates, but now add dailies as gates. Thats right for thoes of you not playing. They decided it was a good idea to make dailies required to access more content. And now they are adding more? LOL

Brawls sound fun though. I'm sure the players will love anything that takes away from the tedious content that is World of Dailyquest.

The only content behind dailies is: more dailies.  So if you don't like em, you arent missing out by not doing them.

Yeah, youll need to do dailies to able to buy valor point gear, but if you wanted gear like that you could just raid, which you don't need dailies to do.

• SpikeXSpikeX Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by papardelios

Same.  I wanted to like GW2 and just couldn't get into it.  I'm back on WoW.  I've never been a big WoW fan but so far it is actually fun,relaxing and refreshing.  There also seems to be a wealth of content currently that will take FOREVER to chew up.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Considering they released with NO RAIDS, trying to use this to say they are getting more content out is silly.
  • vyvozvyvoz Member Posts: 24
    Can't... resist... PANDA!!!!
  • MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by papardelios

how did you make it 2 weeks... lol