Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best starter zone (Poll)

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
What class has the best starter zone?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I always seem to gravitate to the Human starting zone, but I really like the Norn Zone as well. The others are all great in their own ways and I'm very happy for the variety. I think the Charr zone has great atmosphere, but finding the underground areas across the map may be an annoyance for some of the less exploration centric players.

The Asura and Sylvari zones seems to require a little more thought. There are some heart tasks where I still am not really sure what half the completion options were all about, I was just glad to have some easier options for filling the hearts too. (I look forward to checking those out in the future, when I've completely settled into a more casual game play mindset and won't mind taking the time to investigate).

There are none of the five I hate, which was apleasant surprise, because in the relatively few MMOs since WoW that have bothered to include racial starting zones, there have always been some in each game I hated and wouldn't touch no matter how bored I was with the ones I liked. Much of my aversion to certain zones has more to do with me wanting to keep some areas relatively fresh for future replayability enhancement.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I voted escape the question because I have really only played one starter zone, Human and I only have one toon so far...as I just don't have the time in the day so many here seem to have. I'm only level 42 and taking my time. :-). One thing I will say is that Divinity Reach was the best city I have ever seen in any game period :-)..

There Is Always Hope!

• CarnafexCarnafex Member Posts: 49
    I pretty much like all the starting areas, but the associated cities...not so much.  DR and LA are really the only cities I go to for anything other than quest specific stuff.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I like humans the most. And probably charr for 2nd. 

Queensdale is just so nice and peaceful looking.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I really like the Norn zone and quests. Sylvari and Human are tied for close second.

On the flip side, Asura and Charr zones is pretty bad imo.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by birdycephon

I really like the Norn zone and quests. Sylvari and Human are tied for close second.

exact same for me:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I'm voting Human for the quality of Divinity's Reach because that city is reall well done. Charr have a nice starting zone, even if the Black Citadel can be confusing at first. Norn isn't bad, just a bit too Norny for my taste. Asura and Sylvari are a bit weird really, but They're still ok. Id have to do more in those areas to really appreciate those, though I doubt they'd come close to DR quality for the capital cities, but the starting areas aren't bad.

imageimage
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

ive tried them all..

gotta say I like Sylvari the most,the eye candy alone makes it stand out.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

I've been drawn to the Norn starting areas more than any other... I guess the second is Human's.

I haven't even played in the Asura zone and only a little in the Char when I was running through to AC.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

I've been drawn to the Norn starting areas more than any other... I guess the second is Human's.

I haven't even played in the Asura zone and only a little in the Char when I was running through to AC.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I  picked Norn for the snowy landscape and music.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by birdycephon

exact same for me:)

The first 3 are pretty close.. Tough i prefer the Sylvari zone most.

Somehow i dislike the Asura starter zone, so much that after 8 levels on my newborn thief, i deleted it and started a human thief alt.  I just could not stand the zone espescially the level 5 to 10 part is really lacking.

The Charr however isn´t that bad, it looks and feels like a desert which its supposed to be, when i visited them on my Sylvari main, he actually started to hate those Charr for all the massdestruction they bring to forests and mother nature with their develish machines. But i cant say i disliked the zone. Its mechanics and stopries werenet to bad (tough not the first 5 levels)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Charr is my favorite, even though i haven't finished the whole zone yet.
  • myca5Johnmyca5John Member Posts: 4
    I like Human the most,then Norn
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I escaped the question, I like the sylvari one for looks - but I prefer the human one for repeated running through. Norn isn't too bad either. Charr then Asura.

And pretty sure you mean what race, not class, in the poll :)

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143
    Having played through all of them to various degrees- i found the Charr starting zone to be the best and I love the Black Citadel.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Human by far, but that's because Divinity's Reach is the greatest MMO city ever.
  • fgbrooksfgbrooks Member Posts: 9
    Like so many others, Human then Norn.  Didn't really care for the Sylvari zone, hated the Asura zone, and refuse to even consider a Charr after what they did to my beloved Ascalonia