Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know what's going on with Rapid Assault?

The only thread in the RA beta forums was locked after a few weeks without any official response. Rapidassaultgame.com(I guess their main site?) just has some features and screenshots, no information.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea on it's status. I paid $30 to support the project and I don't feel like paying $17.99 just for access to the WW2online forums to ask there.

Comments

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

I was going to ask the same question.  I received a welcome back email and RA is mentioned:

What's new to WWII Online

·   United States now in Campaign (Tier 3)

·   Semi-Automatic Rifles (Tier 3)

·   New infantry skins

·   Revised billing plans

·   Rapid Assault Game

·   And more!

Are they going to incorporate it into the intermissions or will it be a separate standalone thing?  And I thought RA hinged upon the kickstarter, so shouldn't it be on the shelf for the time being?

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Gophur is apparently flat out busy, according to the WWIIOL forums.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by rendus Are they going to incorporate it into the intermissions or will it be a separate standalone thing?  And I thought RA hinged upon the kickstarter, so shouldn't it be on the shelf for the time being?

It seems RA has been the big focus for awhile now, I think they've admitted as much. They were using revenue from WW2online to keep the lights on while they worked on Rapid Assault, possibly feeding a few features in to WW2online. When they lost even more subscribers due to the horribly botched 1.34 release I guess they had the kickstarter to make up the difference and allow them enough funds to get RA to market...

...anyway given their series of ultimatums about donating and making RA succeed or else the doors would close, I wouldn't think that they would just drop the project like that.

Originally posted by Stug Gophur is apparently flat out busy, according to the WWIIOL forums.

Well that's great news if true but it certainly doesn't reflect positively on CRS that someone from the team can't take a few minutes to make a quick post. Seriously, there are 2-3 man indie studios out there with more frequent updates regarding their work.

I get the feeling there is a lot going on at CRS at the moment.

DOC has posted on several things but at the end of the day if they are short of manpower they are short of manpower and would we rather have a game or PR? Methinks a game.

As for RA - I won't be playing it as the idea of playing such small maps after experiencing WWIIOL would drive me to boredom.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    They need something.  CRS isnt going to make it to see 2014 otherwise.

So much crap, so little quality.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Stug

DOC has posted on several things but at the end of the day if they are short of manpower they are short of manpower and would we rather have a game or PR? Methinks a game.

As for RA - I won't be playing it as the idea of playing such small maps after experiencing WWIIOL would drive me to boredom.

Yeah, lots of us feel that way between the old and modern WWIIOL, when they shrunk down the battlefield with MSP and teleporting armies.

Originally posted by Tontoman
    Originally posted by Stug

Yeah, lots of us feel that way between the old and modern WWIIOL, when they shrunk down the battlefield with MSP and teleporting armies.

What on earth does that comment do with RA?

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

You mean fully spelt out? Ok

Yes I agree with you.  Considering one of the main complaints with WWIIOL currently with the vets is that the active battlefield you actually get is so much smaller than it was before MSP, to the point of vets not playing the current WWIIOL.... that they, myself and you probably won't be playing or interested in RA due to it's even smaller than the current WWIIOL active battlefield.

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

Like they were warned it would go.

Like the bucket plan.  Like the China thing.  Like greenlight.

FAIL

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by antipropa

Like they were warned it would go.

Like the bucket plan.  Like the China thing.  Like greenlight.

FAIL

You forgot "Bloody Battles".  I still remember DOC and his pathetic sidekick XOOM carrying on how most everyone in the forums who said BB sucks were the vocal minority and everyone was really enjoying BB.  It wen't so well that, well, they never had another one.  But hey DOC said "everybody" loved it and it was just a few troublemakers on the forum causing all the problems.  Again, he blames his customers.  F'in jerk.

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

False feedback.  False reports on their website trying to trick people to like it.  Just like what is happening in the positive feedback thread here.

All false info.  Made up to cover up the truth and really basically trick people into spending money.  If this was a real flesh and blood company down the street doing this it would be illegal.

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Well, the 57 subscribers left won't have to worry about RA dragging away people from the campaign server.

I missed the RA test event or whatever it was; had to work.

It's sucks because $30 will preorder you a complete game, sometimes more than one game on a site like kickstarter.

Looks like they are giving people chance for people to have a play:

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/73-rapid-assault-general/12496-important-ra-event-monday

They need to get people focussed playing together to get the most of what they have done.

On a Monday morning??  Some of us have to work for a living...lol  
  • XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by rendus
    On a Monday morning??  Some of us have to work for a living...lol  

Yeah we know it's not the best timing, will be great for our Euro population however. Matter of necessity.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

Well apparently this project was just a "technology demonstrator"

Money down the hole, I guess.

Originally posted by david06

Well apparently this project was just a "technology demonstrator"

Money down the hole, I guess.

Technology from when, 2002?  

• manusmanus Member Posts: 46

Problem with WWIIOL isn't really developers - but they have no real management - Lack of Focus

So the development team have very little progress, there is a stop gap technology development , hence recoding and reprogramig the existing content - hence no real progress

Take any comparable indy project, in their lifespan you see more unique content development, than I saw in my entire duration playing and keeping faith in WWIIOL for roughly 4-5 years. Am I bitter no, I still hope they somehow will pull it off somehow - Just not going to support it again until it show some real progress towards their initial concept.

If I want to play something like Rapid Assault, there is already better products out there that is F2P or an initial cost that does the same for me and better than the infantry model from Battleground Europe.

Ironic they have an incredible patient playerbase, perhaps due to there is no real alternative..

• XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43

Rapid Assault is not a completed product, it's a very early BETA stage project that needs a lot more work. Outside investments (not from WWII Online Subscribers) paid for (fully) Rapid Assault's efforts. 

I recently published this article that has a lot of information to offer. RA & WWIIOL ARTICLE HERE

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by manus

Problem with WWIIOL isn't really developers - but they have no real management - Lack of Focus

So the development team have very little progress, there is a stop gap technology development , hence recoding and reprogramig the existing content - hence no real progress

Take any comparable indy project, in their lifespan you see more unique content development, than I saw in my entire duration playing and keeping faith in WWIIOL for roughly 4-5 years. Am I bitter no, I still hope they somehow will pull it off somehow - Just not going to support it again until it show some real progress towards their initial concept.

If I want to play something like Rapid Assault, there is already better products out there that is F2P or an initial cost that does the same for me and better than the infantry model from Battleground Europe.

Ironic they have an incredible patient playerbase, perhaps due to there is no real alternative..

The lack of focus issue is a common issue everywhere in the MMO world now days, even on this site.

The last part is the most true, but players will leave for other MMOFPS and just accept that there will never be a good WWII online FPS.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• merc88merc88 Member Posts: 10

HIstory will study the game as an example of how to mismanage a popuulation and lose your game culture.

Merc88