Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing WoW.. for now.. Which class should I take up?

Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Have some time to spend leveling.. What should I level? I like them all, so, clearly it's not a fun meter.  What feels the most exciting at 90?  

Thanks.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
http://www.plurk.com/Random_

Comments

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Depends on whether you like tanking, dpsing or healing, i personally prefer tanking and have a level 90 death knight (which is my main) level 90 warrior and level 90 priest. If you were interested in tanking/ dpsing a death knight/ warrior would be a good choice, but if you were into healing then a priest would be.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

I want to try to play a tank. I am cluless to tanking. How do you play a good tank. Any tips ? 

I noticed that everytime I go to queue the slot that is first full is DPS and then me healer but no tank. Ten minutes pass still no tank. So I decided I am going to try one. What are the ways to play a tank. How do you become a good tank. Do you try to hit every mob to get aggro so you keep switching targets. Do you always go after the mob that goes after the DPS ? I guess not the healer yes but DPS no. 

Can a Pally be a good tank ? I cannot play a druid tank already poor at this the bear form will throw me off. Thanks for any help.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Mage dude! Mage is best class for everything. You can easy solo hardest quests, you are always awesome in pvp and nobody can gank you . You have even invisibility and blink to escape:) Nobody can take easy on frost or fire mage. Dman! I see now that you have 85l mage :==) Sorry
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by kitarad

I want to try to play a tank. I am cluless to tanking. How do you play a good tank. Any tips ? 

I noticed that everytime I go to queue the slot that is first full is DPS and then me healer but no tank. Ten minutes pass still no tank. So I decided I am going to try one. What are the ways to play a tank. How do you become a good tank. Do you try to hit every mob to get aggro so you keep switching targets. Do you always go after the mob that goes after the DPS ? I guess not the healer yes but DPS no. 

Can a Pally be a good tank ? I cannot play a druid tank already poor at this the bear form will throw me off. Thanks for any help.

My view about tanks, and the lack of them :

- Should not play a tank unless you know most every dungeon. You owe it to your group to know how to deal with each mob around every corner ( This is not a true fact, but extremely helpful ). In my years of playing many mmo's, I had seen many good players fail and wipe.

- It helps to be a good leader. Many times in mmo's, I'll know a dungeon well and try and give advise but my information goes on deaf ears unless your the tank.....Players often expect tanks to take charge.

- For me, Tanks could be a boring class, harder to level, and predictable in pvp ( most often they have no tricks ). BUT THEY SHINE IN DUNGEONS, GETTING GROUPS AND RESPECT IF PLAYED RIGHT !

- Because of the three listed above, many players don't feel comfortable with the responsibility.

- If you have an ass hat in your group, the tank would be the first to notice ( some one running a mook ). They are often the one that has to deal with the player.

Of coarse this is the new WoW, you don't have to know anything about anything in this easy game.  Dungeons are now a race to the end as fast as a group could run.  Healers have there hands full, because the group is running soooo fast, ignoring the damage they are taking, and everyone expects the healer to keep them alive.....If a group member dies they yell at the healer because dungeons are easy, they don't think that the group is running a dungeon at record speed.  Healers just better keep up.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Your basically asking for personal opinion. As much as WoW Mechanics have been dumbed down, I can't really see them being that downgraded to making them 'all the same' to you. Really need to evaluation yourself what you enjoy doing and how you like doing it. I'm not 100% at 90 (85 is the most I know due to a friend buying me the game on my account, haven't payed since WOTLK) but of those I had the most fun with druid feral. Feral DPS in WOTLK was one of my favorite, though I think it was dumbed down quite a bit. Sucks too, was both challenging and rewarding which they seemed to feel as being a negative.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

Know every dungeon good lord ! Okay I will stick to playing a healer. 

Lack of tanks though right ? Or I just tried at the wrong time.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by delete5230

- Should not play a tank unless you know most every dungeon. You owe it to your group to know how to deal with each mob around every corner ( This is not a true fact, but extremely helpful ). In my years of playing many mmo's, I had seen many good players fail and wipe.

- It helps to be a good leader. Many times in mmo's, I'll know a dungeon well and try and give advise but my information goes on deaf ears unless your the tank.....Players often expect tanks to take charge.

- For me, Tanks could be a boring class, harder to level, and predictable in pvp ( most often they have no tricks ). BUT THEY SHINE IN DUNGEONS, GETTING GROUPS AND RESPECT IF PLAYED RIGHT !

- Because of the three listed above, many players don't feel comfortable with the responsibility.

- If you have an ass hat in your group, the tank would be the first to notice ( some one running a mook ). They are often the one that has to deal with the player.

Of coarse this is the new WoW, you don't have to know anything about anything in this easy game.  Dungeons are now a race to the end as fast as a group could run.  Healers have there hands full, because the group is running soooo fast, ignoring the damage they are taking, and everyone expects the healer to keep them alive.....If a group member dies they yell at the healer because dungeons are easy, they don't think that the group is running a dungeon at record speed.  Healers just better keep up.

This is the kind of mentality built out of elitism and a "me me me" mind set.

1- No one owes you ANYTHING, the only thing a tank owes you is holding aggro and knowing his class. Boss fights can be learned, and if someone else knows the fight they can easily explain the mechanics.

2- Being a tank does not make you the leader, despite what many people think. If you flag for 'group leader', you're the leader..I mark myself as leader, as a DPS, because I know the dungeons by heart.

3- That, I actually agree with. A tanks only trick in PVP is being able to heal themself. That's about it.

Not even going to bother with the rest. But I will say, that mentality is specifically why I only tank for my guild. Most players only care about themselves, not a scholar for your class? 'lawlz u sux tank'.

Also, if you do tank, for the love of GOD don't have that 'I'm a tank, I have instant queues so you can blow me I do what I want' attitude. While DPS are assholes, tanks can be as well.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Been tanking with the dk... Which is surprisingly easy

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

LOL,

Asking what class to play in WoW is like walking into McDonalds and asking "What's on the menu?"

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

LOL,

Asking what class to play in WoW is like walking into McDonalds and asking "What's on the menu?"

Really? I think WoW does rogues very well.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

LOL,

Really? I think WoW does rogues very well.

Not really what I meant......I think.

I was joking about how it's just kinda known. When they walk into McDonalds, most people know what's on the menu. When they play WoW, most people pretty much know what each class plays like.

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Wasnt asking what class to play, per se, more like which class should I level first.