Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Dead Linger: Entering Alpha Testing on Halloween

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sandswept has announced that its zombie-themed PvE MMO, The Dead Linger, will officially enter alpha testing on October 31st. Folks pre-purchasing the game will have automatic access to alpha, beta and final versions of The Dead Linger upon release. 

It is not another one of the mindless stories you’ve been told, where you fire blindly into the zombie apocalypse, standing safely on the sidelines. It is not the story of brainless zombie slaughter and unmitigated gore, nor is it the story of your machine-gun laden victory over the hordes.

The Dead Linger is the story of you. It is a story of true survival. Your survival.

Fortifying your hideout and scavenging for supplies in a truly endless world. Cooperating with the other survivors… or being forced to fight them off. It is the tale of the fully realized zombie outbreak, where you, the survivors, are left to form, ignore, or destroy the final tethers of civilization, contending daily with walking corpses seeking your very flesh.

Find out more about the game on The Dead Linger's site.

Thanks to Draxonfly for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Curious.
  • lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55
    I wouldn't call this game an MMO by a long shot...its a PVE game with online multiplayer of up to 16 people...

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    interesting but i refuse to prebuy a game. least of all an indie game that has no "demo" provided. too many games are launching without any sort of demo/trial and expect you to pay AAA prices for it. when half the time its a steaming pile of Cow pie...
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Right, another zombie trailer with NO gameplay footage.  Anyone prepurchasing a game like this from a unknown developer has a screw loose.  BTW I could put together a better trailer in an hour or so. Games like this are just a waste of time and money.

The guy above has it right it is NOT a MMO, just another multiplayer game.   If you need a zombie game now, go play Dayz and there are some better games coming down the pike.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Yeah it looks kind of like someones part time project they are creating for 2nd year at uni. Charging people money for that is brutal.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    wow what crappy engine was this made with. 
  • DrigusDrigus Member CommonPosts: 50
    25 bucks and I can't even find any gameplay videos? The only ones are alpha videos which are defended by fan boys who can't show any legitimate gameplay videos of what the game look like in its current state.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yeah, they want $25 but can't even provide any gameplay footage in their trailers? The hell are they smoking?

Judging from the video posted above though, I can't blame them for not showing any. Game looks like it was made with one of those 'build your own adventure' type programs. To ask money for such a thing is just reprehensible.

• ProphecysProphecys Member UncommonPosts: 32
    And Day Z fantards thought War Z was a scam. This looks sketchy as hell.
  • DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126

Ya Welcome for the Tip ;) ..

I think the games sounds alright, maight take a while but I hope they can do what they said they are with it.

• DewolfDewolf Member Posts: 6

Oh Man, I wish I knew about this game before I wasted my money on WarZ 8( . I am so butt-hurt by this mmorpg.com, Why couldn't you report on this game earlier ;)

Now to go try and get a refund from warz and get the Dead Linger Instead, it sounds bloody awesome (what I am looking for)!! and to be a part of the game in its early stages to help it grow and develop is going to be fantastic!! 

what?