Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terribly bored, pretty much have stopped playing...

Comments

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    im not bored and im playing just as much as i did on release. 250 hours in, stil have another 200+ hours worth of PVE content at least. WvW, spvp and dungeons for my endgame. having a blast. thanks for your invaluable feedback. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Just take a break. The game will be there waiting for you if you feel like playing again, if not at least you got 60 bucks value out of it.

And yes, guilds currently doesnt matter as much as they should unless you belong to a guild that hold something in the WvWvW. But we know they are working on guildhalls, Jeff Grubb spoke about them a year ago and said he thought they wouldnt make it for launch but we will surely see them in the first expansion and we should get some more guild Vs guild action then.

MMOs are a living thing that constantly gets upgraded, and taking a break a month or 2 at times is not a bad idea, or longer for that matter if that is what you feel.

Life is too short to play stuff you dont enjoy, so play something else or try another hobby than computer games for a while and see if you will feel like playing again. I myself often takes breaks for a month or more whenever I play a MMO a long time. I generally enjoy the time I play more that way.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Welcome to the MMO with no endgame.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

and again what endgame is it missing out of other themeparks? raids? considering not everyone raids like myself what is GW2 lacking?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

More like welcome back kid, sandboxes were here long before your precious endgame.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by Dihoru

More like welcome back kid, sandboxes were here long before your precious endgame.

So what is it that you can actually do in this sandbox? Other than watching events repeat themselves.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

GW2 is a lot of things, but a sandbox it is not.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Ginaz

GW2 is a lot of things, but a sandbox it is not.

"GW 2, I knew sandbox mmo, and you GW2 are no sandbox"

-Llyod Bentsen

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Funny, I always thought the "point" to PvP was to fight other players.... is there supposed to be some other point that I missed?

EDIT: Aerowyn beat me to it lol

When I played as a Bounty Hunter in swg, the only "point" for me was to have fun trying to kill my target, which I did exactly 300 times.  It was the most fun I've ever had in an MMO which is probably why I hate group focused pvp.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Funny, I always thought the "point" to PvP was to fight other players.... is there supposed to be some other point that I missed?

Yes you have missed it and it was in early days of UO, Asheron's Call PvP server and Shadowbane and so on. Basically it is about fighting over something that matters. Be it your guilds town, which took you days if not weeks to build, valuable NPC spawn points, NPC merchants etc etc

Fighting other players just for the hell of it ---> FPS/MOBA games.

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by Yamota

Yes you have missed it and it was in early days of UO, Asheron's Call PvP server and Shadowbane and so on. Basically it is about fighting over something that matters. Be it your guilds town, which took you days if not weeks to build, valuable NPC spawn points, NPC merchants etc etc

God forbid MMO's have some diversity that caters to different audiences....how DARE they!!!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Or MMORPG's, apparently.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Or MMORPG's, apparently.

The newer ones.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    So the newer ones are "pointless" because some people like different "points".  Thanks for clearing that up.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I now have over 320+ hrs in the game across 6 toon most above lvl 30 and one in his 60s but today I spent most of it doing sPvP and was having a blast I dont like PvP in most games but GW1 and GA and a few other shooters like CS:GO which is great but not like this was they change the teams up your with to fighting them to having some from each side to all kinds of mixture. One match it was me mesmer and 3 other mesmer the rst thiefs the other side had a really good mix and we where even through the whole match till they took out our keep leader. I also love in PvE I can enjoy any area in the game still even with my lvl 60 I still like to go back to lower lvl zones to help out my friends and guildies.

This game for sure is not for every one but it is for me and thoughs I play with and we play almost every day for 1 to 6 hrs depending on days. I have kids and still find myself play this with both of them at different times they both love it and only one is a gamer mwife even likes the game when she plays which is about once a week. I even got her to try sPvP today she had a blast and she was cussing up a storm when we got matched against each other but she got me a few times hehe. So to the op its not hard to get bored of games and it sounds like you like quick play through games more of a console type to me but hey gamers game on what they like i hope you find some games you like soon.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Last night I hit the 410 hour mark of play since the game went live. I've cut my hours back a bit to a healthier balance with RL, but I'm still loving the game. I admittedly have overdone game play during the first 43 days. Someone with a much more modest play schedule might take 6 months to a year to reach the same amount of time played.

If I were to get bored now and need a break, the game would still have provided more entertainment hours than any MMO I've played since WoW, by a wide margin. Funny thing is, I'm not bored. At all. I still have more things I want to do each day than I have time to do them in.

It seems that the large majority of GW2 players are really enjoying playing the game and if you do enjoy playing this game, there is more here to keep you entertained over the long term than in almost any at launch MMO in the history of the genre.

There are always people that provide the exception and dislike or get bored of something that the majority love and find engaging. We all know that. I want to say with absolute clarity, though, that there is no lack of world space, content or any other flaws here that hamper or prevent people who do enjoy playing this game from finding enough game here to supply hundreds of hours, or  much more, of enjoyable game play.

I say this because in addition to the person who may actually have found themselves bored with the game, there are also a lot of people who will say anything to detract from a game they've decided to dislike, even if they have to misrepresent their own experiences, or lack there of, in an attempt to paint the game with a negative brush. Almost every criticism has been debunked by the over al community of players who are playing and enjoying the game, so now "I see bots" and "I'm bored" posts have become the latest trumpet call of the detractors, almost always accompanied by "first hand stories" that to people who are playing the game are clear hyper exaggeration, if not outright fabrications.

Some people get bored more easily than others. Some people who actually play and enjoy this game may have reached some personal threshold of boredom, no matter how great the game is. People will take breaks to play something else. Many will likely return, cycling in and out of active play over the months and years ahead. We all know this will happen with any MMO. However, for people to imply that this game lacks something in content or design that limits the play time potential for this game is just absurd. The game clearly offers the most content and play time potential of any MMO since WoW and may even offer more extended playability than WoW did at launch.

GW2 offers exponentially more content and playtime potential than any other MMO released in the last five years. Between beta and live I now have logged over 560 hours with this game and still going strong. Before GW2, I had given up on finding a modern MMO that would offer me more than the 40-80 hours I had come to find myself feeling lucky to get from other titles. At the end of Beta, I predicted I'd get at least 1,000 hours from the live game between launch and the first expansion. I've seen nothing since to change my mind and I have a feeling I will get well over 1,000 hours from the game during year one. I can not stress how happy I am to have found a modern MMO that actually offers all the ingredients needed to provide a long term, enjoyable game experience.

What's most shocking to me is that even in MMOs of the past I have absolutely loved, I have always "hit the wall" numerous times, where I've needed a break before hopping back in. Sometimes I'd need a day, a week or even a month to decompress before heading back in. I think I hit the first wall with WoW around the 100 hour mark. With GW2,  I haven't hit the wall yet. That's something I would not have predicted. When I do hit a wall with the game, which I certainly have to expect, I love that with no subscriptio fee, I can take what ever break I need and then hop right back in with out having to worry about maintaining a sub fee or cancelling and renewing a sub.

This is, finally, an MMO for the long haul, proving that the genre can still offer long term game play, even if this attribute has somehow become the exception, rather than the rule of contemporary MMO launches. The game also shows the potential that dynamic content has to offer the genre and, yes, dynamic content can be done better. Hopefully there will be a new crop of MMOs in a few years that will leverage all the lessons to be learned from what makes GW2 great and will push the genre even further forward. In the mean time, I have GW2, an MMO that, shocker, I can actually imagine playing for years, rathers than months or weeks, or days!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

the game is designed to allow you to take breaks from it.

theres no pressure to keep payin...err playing...

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

I played a full month of gw2, i hit 80 and all i do now is wvw when i login even if iam very bad geared i still got ton of fun,

iam playing both wow and gw2 because i got friend in both. so i pay for 1 game and the other is free, when iam got bored with 1 i go in the other,

i suggest people to try play more then just 1 game, its seem that mmo player only focus on 1 game (MMO) and nothing else,

i play WoW,gw2,bf3 arma 2 LoL and minecraft

iam rarely bored,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    So the newer ones are "pointless" because some people like different "points".  Thanks for clearing that up.

No.  They're just not immersive.   Which GW2 never seemed to be aiming for.  They were going for the e-sport scene like LoL has for their SPvP.  Sadly it's nowhere near that yet though.  And WvW is just like a mini-game of Planetside, which I loved.  

So yes, people looking for that immersion and not just the player versus player expeirence in this kind of setting will probably get bored.   Take away the personal story quests and just have the world with you doing dynamic events.   Imagine some of the forum post you'd be seeing then, "What's teh point of this game!?"  It's still PvE right?  Isn't that the point of player versus environment?   Not usually in an RPG.  An RPG usually aims for immersion.  Yet the PvP here is like two seperate games, nothing really carries over.  It's like it's in a whole different world...wait...  lol

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Ramadar
    Ridrith your not the only one feeling this way after I hit 80 I started checking out what GW 2 really had to offer and what it ended up being for me was that GW 2 is nothing more than Disneyland Online. GW 2 should be shut down an redone cuz this can't be the game they invisioned for us GW vet's to play.

Disneyland Online eh?

Care to elaborate? or is that the best you could come up with?

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

GW2 = MMORPG

seem like people and OP are done with MMORPG or MMO casual players, so the best suggestion is move along to offline games or buy console games please.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Want meaningful PvP? go to EVE-Online, trust me there is no better game for meaningful pvp than that one, I am speaking from years of experience bouncing around in null sec. GW2 pvp for the moment seems more geared towards fun so why sweat it? gather a group of people, gank some dolts, have some fun.

I was going to post that if you want meaningful PvP try Lineage 2. Like Eve the pvp does have meaning. There are games out there with real pvp that means something but you will not get it with these simplistic themeparks.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

I think maybe the OP is lieing . I've been playing for 2 or 3 hours a day for a week . I've been gathering materials to make money along the way . I'm now at level 29 .

Or maybe his version of casaul play and mine are totally different .Maybe what hes saying is that hes spent a week game time to get to level 80 as in 168 hours .

I dont doubt you can get to 80 in week but on intensive play to do it casually isn't possible .

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802

I mean I don't see what the point would be for me to lie about getting to level 80.  I've got over 90 hours play time, it's really not hard to hit max level.  Between events, dungeons, crafting which got me from 61-68 in as little as an hour...  It wasn't hard at all.  Plus I 100% completed at least 6-7 maps.  You get exp for everything you do, and as a hundred blade/signet warrior it REALLY wasn't hard at all to burn through events, mobs, and personal story missions by myself.

You're free to look up my character if you'd like, Ridrith Mavewyn on Tarnished Coast.  I don't know if you can actually do that or not, but go for it.  Not sure if there's an armory or not.

I like to complain about games.
  • ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    You probably hear this alot oh well... If you are so bored and you have to broadcast it wouldnt you have better use of your time if you played something else? Just a suggestion :S