Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Servers hacked - entire cities dying - LOL

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/reports-entire-cities-dead-on-certain-realms/

Blue post addressing it:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794031379#16

Sample video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_vCFKuXrQo

EDIT: Added link to first person view provided in response post by stygianapoth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhOb4NjWEs

Comments

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119
    So i guess someone finally killed wow?

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Ok, tell the truth people...

Doing something like that in PVP/Arena would be awesome.......

And then type in your macro,  WHY SO MAD BRO? WHY SO BAD????

Could you imagine the rage lmao....

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Crap, I always miss the deadly WoW in-game epidemics lol
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    And people claim WoW doesn't have dynamic events!
  • AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Oh I'm sorry, I tried to kill WoW but ended up killing everyone in WoW. It seems my targeting system was set to "Global AoE" instead of "Single-target".

Sorry again, won't happen next time! : )

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

not hacked, a gm is having fun with the Martin Thunder XD  old school!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Martin_Thunder

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Epic video!

Everyone was getting tired of those boring denial of service attacks anyways.  Finally something new to bring entertainment to WoW.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by Gravarg

not hacked, a gm is having fun with the Martin Thunder XD  old school!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Martin_Thunder

Well if it's a GM, it's soon to be an ex-GM

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by RathanX26

u know its the 3rd hack in wow history

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Interesting, yeah i knew this was happening because my roomie is waiting for the servers to come back up.

Funny, been talked to a thousand times about the game I'm playing now, three guesses which one, and how they don't have authenticators so my characters aren't safe, but this ....this is just astonishing. 

Then again, it's not really because you see, my account was hacked twice by gold farmers even with an authenticator and the second time they had help from the inside. GM's who were getting kickbacks from the gold farmers to remove security long enough to hack the accounts. It was in the news, just not mainstream news so it wasn't noticed.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

servers were back up just can't log in , They say is there authentication servers. Either way , Hacked or not this sucks if u want to get in game and can't 

There is nothing funny with hacking by the way.its illegal for a reason. These people dont just cause inconvienience they steal account info and peoples credit card info and then people's money , 

there is nothing funny in that. 

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

here's a video of the hacker guy

using something called "wowplus" seems to be german although his identity on ownedcore.com says he's from australia.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Interesting, yeah i knew this was happening because my roomie is waiting for the servers to come back up.

Funny, been talked to a thousand times about the game I'm playing now, three guesses which one, and how they don't have authenticators so my characters aren't safe, but this ....this is just astonishing. 

Then again, it's not really because you see, my account was hacked twice by gold farmers even with an authenticator and the second time they had help from the inside. GM's who were getting kickbacks from the gold farmers to remove security long enough to hack the accounts. It was in the news, just not mainstream news so it wasn't noticed.

Please tell me you are joking. Do you have a link to the story or video?

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Supposedly people are saying on the forum that they gave themselves GM powers and Blizz caught on and started banning them so they made a last laugh and attacked cities before they were shut out.
  • kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

ive never been hacked in wow in 6 yrs. Then i dont go buying gold from gold sellers i dont respond to u can win this mount emails or any of that. 

I have an authenticator and ive never been hacked. Not once, 

Companies get hacked all the time Just look at soe.  hell gw2 has been hacked already and they haven't been out that long. 

it happens. They will fix the authenticator servers i just wish had done so by nowl

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    i wish the hackers would create an mmorpgs,they seem to be one step ahead every compant.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Bet the corpses spell out a goldselling web address...

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Harder to stop something you do not know exists than break something that already exists.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by itgrowls

I seriously doubt someone inside Blizzard is giving access to your account. 

I would believe that you got hacked in the one way authenticators are useless, and that's a man in the middle attack.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    lol that is so awesome to watch lol
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Funny but not as cool as the Hakkar tainted blood plague.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

LoL maybe this explains that increase of a million players . They were all hackers .

Or maybe its just the zombie appocolyse :P

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Funny but not as cool as the Hakkar tainted blood plague.

Agreed.  Sadly, I wasn't there, but I read about it.  A virtual world epidemic... simply awesome.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    loggin in now to check out the event!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by defector1968

u know its the 3rd hack in wow history

Which is two more than most companies have experienced.

Blizzard Entertainment: Setting the Bar!