Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 3 Rip-Off (Tera 7 days Trial Review)

sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Well.. here I am waiting for GW 2 to be realesed while tought of trying all new games that was out recently..and found out Tera,that looked good and offered "true action combat" Once I logged into the game,the game lobby reminded me a lot about L2 ... though hmm seems like some stealing ideas from L2.. then went to character creation and Saw there is Dark Elf,Elf kind of similar from L2 game,human mystic that ran though my memories reminded me a lot of L2... characters was really really similar.. even the new girl character ,I tought its ripped of from Blade and Soul o_O first... after starting the game with my new "Dark Elf "Warrior Class... I played a bit .. did some boring quests.. did some grinding... did some true action combat.. that was so slow and laggy that felt as I play Last Remnant Turn based just all I do is moving.. well then after this I just went to town and wanted to quit the game cuz I thought it was really really bad copy/paste from L2... was trying to dance and do some emotes to again reminded of L2 emotes ... which killed me... ! was asking ppl in town why do they keep playing such a boring game that looks like a copy of L2 just with better graphics,new "true action combat system" (I feel more action in Last Remnant...) and new races.. all answeered its amazing game we never played anything like this before.. I told them go try L2 its Truly Free now and u will see how much it is OLD but better than what Tera is now. and after this I just said bye to all and logged out of the game,delete it and I guess no more Tera in my mind. bye bye BlueHole Studio..wish your next game would be not stolen/or copy righted from any other game... 

this is my review from the trial of Tera,so do no get mad if I hate or dont like the game.. I played lots of MMO but this one was one of the less original.. and of the worst S; and yes I just now readed that "

NCSoft Settle Dispute

http://tsi.brooklaw.edu/sites/tsi.brooklaw.edu/files/filings/ncsoft-corporation-et-al-v-bluehole-studio-inc-et-al/20120109ncsoft-corporation-et-al-v-bluehole-studio-inc-et-alcomplaint.pdf

which now I competely sure I was not just imagination it -__- and what even more sad of me no L3 because of that crap t_t !

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Buudeara
    Originally posted by sargey123

NCSoft Settle Dispute

http://tsi.brooklaw.edu/sites/tsi.brooklaw.edu/files/filings/ncsoft-corporation-et-al-v-bluehole-studio-inc-et-al/20120109ncsoft-corporation-et-al-v-bluehole-studio-inc-et-alcomplaint.pdf

[mod edit]

[mod edit] I am going to assume you didn't read the court documents before making highlighted comments.

I doubt the OP actually participated in a 7-day trial though, because the chat was disabled for trials when I played back in June.  I do agree with the assessment of boring quest system though.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    the actual developers of of L3 got fired and gone make their own game Tera... it was their creation after all...just big shark companies wanted the product without them anymore treated them like a used condom! and dont forget that Tera is Live and L3 its a vaporware so far...so there is not copy cat issue..stop trolling plz.
  • LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Tera's map looks a lot like L2's map, Blade and Soul's also has the same look for some reason. God damnit I miss L2, best pvp in any mmo by far.
  • sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by Zooce
    Originally posted by Buudeara

NCSoft Settle Dispute

[mod edit[

[mod edit] I am going to assume you didn't read the court documents before making highlighted comments.

I doubt the OP actually participated in a 7-day trial though, because the chat was disabled for trials when I played back in June.  I do agree with the assessment of boring quest system though.

You are right,I did not tried trial but I was about to,couldnt register before of IP ban so I had to use my friends account and use proxy to play -_-

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102

[mod edit]

seriously ? no Tera isnt great,the backround all all blurry and barely detailes,all that looks great are the characters,similiart isnt the part is not similar its is completly rip off from L2-L3 to steal other game and try to cuztomize it and change 10% of the real content doesnt make a real day,and I have played for 20 minutes and have quited,I was about to try trial 7 days if they wouldnt IP ban our country,so I had to use my friends account to try it -__- 

and I dont want anyone to play L2 I like it a bit and it was pretty Unique compared to Tera,and I dont want anyone to play L2 believe me. Why would I try the game another time If I have not felt anything good about it ? PVP / PVE wont change the game,it will still will stay the same game.what I dont understand why to even take FEES for such game this kills me.this no better than a F2P...

NCsoft cant make L3 because of what Tera company did next time read the whole topic.

• CeromusCeromus Member UncommonPosts: 114

after starting the game with my new "Dark Elf "Warrior Class... did some true action combat.. that was so slow and laggy that felt as I play Last Remnant Turn based just all I do is moving..

You sure you downloaded the correct game? You played a warrior and it felt slow and laggy? This class here? http://youtu.be/-DsE9RVVRPQ?hd=1
    Theres things I don't like about Tera and thats why I am not playing but to actually play a slayer or the even faster warrior class and come back with negative remarks about the combat? I can not understand this. I wish I never tried Tera because the combat has just ruined the combat in other games. I use to be able to grind for countless hours in other MMORPGs and now even on adderall after a few hours I just have to stop.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    The game is definitely worth the trial.  If you haven't already given it a shot, try it out.  Combat is fun and fast-paced.  Who knows...you might like it?  And that wouldn't be such a terrible thing, would it?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

NCsoft cant make L3 because of what Tera company did next time read the whole topic.

Actually, they are making Lineage 3.

edit: I'll also add that asian developers seem less concerned with borrowing other ideas. Heck, the Lineage 2 devs did it with one of the dropped demon swords, Zariche, which was taken from another game. I remember a player posting the pics.

Some of the art design is similiar but having played L2 for 4.5 years I wouldn't say that one is ripped off from the other.

I would love it if Tera incorporated some of L2's ideas.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

[mod edit]

seriously ? no Tera isnt great,the backround all all blurry and barely detailes,all that looks great are the characters,similiart isnt the part is not similar its is completly rip off from L2-L3 to steal other game and try to cuztomize it and change 10% of the real content doesnt make a real day,and I have played for 20 minutes and have quited,I was about to try trial 7 days if they wouldnt IP ban our country,so I had to use my friends account to try it -__- 

and I dont want anyone to play L2 I like it a bit and it was pretty Unique compared to Tera,and I dont want anyone to play L2 believe me. Why would I try the game another time If I have not felt anything good about it ? PVP / PVE wont change the game,it will still will stay the same game.what I dont understand why to even take FEES for such game this kills me.this no better than a F2P...

This is when I knew you hadn't played TERA at all...

0/10 trolling.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

[mod edit]

This is when I knew you hadn't played TERA at all...

0/10 trolling.

Atcually, in his defense, I had a lot of problems with blurry backgrounds as well.  There have been some threads about this.  Not sure if they corrected it or not (I played the first 2 months), but I can certainly vouch that I experienced this on two separate computers.

Atcually, in his defense, I had a lot of problems with blurry backgrounds as well.  There have been some threads about this.  Not sure if they corrected it or not (I played the first 2 months), but I can certainly vouch that I experienced this on two separate computers.

This is part of the unreal 3 engine, it will automatically blur textures at a distance from your character. I believe its called DepthOfField, if my memory serves me correctly you can not disable this without disabling the lighting effects. The easiest way to see this blur is to zoom the camera out as far as you can and try to scope out someone elses char close up. Since the person you are scoping out is far away from your character their textures should show up really blurry.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Ceromus

after starting the game with my new "Dark Elf "Warrior Class... did some true action combat.. that was so slow and laggy that felt as I play Last Remnant Turn based just all I do is moving..

You sure you downloaded the correct game? You played a warrior and it felt slow and laggy? This class here? http://youtu.be/-DsE9RVVRPQ?hd=1
    Theres things I don't like about Tera and thats why I am not playing but to actually play a slayer or the even faster warrior class and come back with negative remarks about the combat? I can not understand this. I wish I never tried Tera because the combat has just ruined the combat in other games. I use to be able to grind for countless hours in other MMORPGs and now even on adderall after a few hours I just have to stop.

Don't necro treads from 2 months ago.

[b][quote]Don't necro treads from 2 months ago.[/b][/quote]

I do normally avoid doing that but it was the most recent review so it was at the very top of the category anyway.

• JWTunaJWTuna Member Posts: 23

I wish I never tried Tera because the combat has just ruined the combat in other games. I use to be able to grind for countless hours in other MMORPGs and now even on adderall after a few hours I just have to stop.

Totally agree.  After quitting recently I have struggled to find another playable mmorpg, because they (including gw2) just feel so clunky and slow. Combat even made healing interesting, yeh its still whack-a-mole fill the green bars but at least you had to aim your heals and dance around a bit. :)

Its a shame the game didnt really offer much beyond the combat. But what really ruined it for me was the community (on eu servers). I had a great social guild, but the server/cross server population is toxic. Global chat (which you cant leave) is miserable, pugs are usually like walking on eggshells (dont know why, because dungeons are fun and easy and there are near-zero death penalties), and bgs feel like everyone is holding a razor blade to thier wrists in fear of another death or loss appearing on thier precious ranking. The game has attracted some really lousy players, or maybe they turn into jerks through boredom, who unfortunately dominate the social aspects, but who are never reprimanded for constant abuse (rascism is a major problem). Gameforge attempt to fix this was a  30 second delay on chat if you spammed...

Im sure people will say this happens on all mmos, but considering the games i played before, and after trying 10+ different mmos since quitting, I can safely say none I have seen were as miserable an experience as tera. Sad because it wasnt bad for a themepark.