Now thats a good idea for a F2P game. The latest idea from SOE (http://tinyurl.com/9w29bf7). I bet this will catch on.
I quote the latest from the Planetside forums:
A couple weeks ago we posted a thread with some of our thoughts on where we wanted to take the Planetside 2 membership. We received a lot of well thought out feedback and ideas from you guys and have made some adjustments to our membership offering based on it. Here are our revised and final membership benefits:
Price will be 14.99 / month
- 25-50% increased resource gain.
- 25-50% increased XP gain.
- 25-50% increased passive cert point gain.
- Note: Each of the above start at 25% and increase by 5% per month of sustained membership up to a total bonus of 50% each at 6+ months membership.
- Priority login queue
- Early Access to new cosmetic items on the store
- 500 StationCash each month
A couple notes on this revised plan:
We're excited about this plan and at having been able to incorporate your feedback into it. As always, thank youfor your feedback and continued support!
- You'll notice that we've removed the previous membership benefit of "increased resource pool caps", this was as a direct result to community feedback. We thought about this a lot and decided it did give a potential gameplay advantage to members. We removed this benefit and added 500 SC to the membership offering to compensate for the removal.
- Several of the benefits have an increasing value the longer you maintain your membership. If you buy a multi-month sku you will be automatically elevated to the bonus value for the last month of that sku, so if you bought a 6-month membership sku you would immediately receive the 50% increased cert gain. If your membership lapses you will have 30 days to reestablish your membership to retain the increased bonus amounts.
You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.