Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So did this becamed the WoW killer as we all read about???

1246

Comments

  • EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee cityofangelsPosts: 76Member

    enough with this kind of thread already. 

     

    image
  • UtukuUtuku AmsterdamPosts: 30Member
    Originally posted by edtanxxx

    enough with this kind of thread already. 

     

    Yeah let's have more of the "gw2 is the bestest since t-rex walked the earth" or "i'm not bored" lol.

  • MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

    If your cup of thee is playing alongside kung fu panda's and pokemon pet battles go ahead bro :)

    I like to spend my time in WvW with my guild having epic battles and when i got bored fo that i do those wicked Meta Events :)

    To each his own offcourse, but dude come on WoW is in milking stage [mod edit]

    Arenanet is pushing Blizzard to make more quality or lose more subs wich is good for WoW players.
    Most of those dump fanboys dont even realise this :)

    What do you think will happen with videocard prices of only Nvidia or Ati was there who made them ?
    You would see less bang for you bucks and pay at least double the price for it.

    Same goes in MMO's, wow needs to work their butts of to retain their players, and they are doing a very bad job since WotLK.

    And i know...i was there in 2004 to 2012.....
    I also quited WoW when i was paying a sub for almost 10 months with ZERO contend updates and playing boring Dragonsoul.......

    You think wow will keep subs up with their lack of contend updates ? + a major hit due to those lame pandarian ?
    Think again Cataclysm was fail and MoP will fail even harder.
    Seems to me all their recources go go Titan...

    You happy with that when paying each month for WoW knowing that most of your money is not invested in contend and game qaulity ?

    Ah what am i talking to :)

    i could write a 50 page book about my epic moments in WoW, but Blizzard decided to attract the 6 year old disney kids and think we would still buy it.
    No thanks iam thankfull to Arenanet they made GW2 as iam having a blast untill some other brutal mmo releases :)

    Maybe WoD ? maybe Planetside 2 ? who knows but man competition = in our benefit dont forget that.

  • ChrisReitzChrisReitz Newport, KYPosts: 115Member
    Originally posted by Utuku
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz
    Cant kill wow. You can take most of there playerbase. To where its basically nothing to where they might consider making it free to play to lvl 20 or even put a cheesy panda onfront of there cover thinking it will bring in hardcore gamers lol wtf... Hopefully no one is that stupid... I checked out videos of the gameplay I almost fell asleep watching it ZzzZzzz I guess with the few players that are left they enjoy playing it.

    You do realize WoW still has 9-10 million players, right?

    If that's your idea of a population being "basically nothing" or "few players that are left", then GW2 has already failed, horribly. 'cause WoW is still mopping the floor with most other MMOs out there - GW2 included - after what, 8 years in service?

    Amazing how out of touch some people can be.


    The only thing that's going to kill WoW is Blizzard when they decide to shut the game down for good. And that's not going to be for a long while. Far too many players and far too much momentum on its side still for that to happen.

     

    I don't think they are out of touch i would say they are in denial.GW2 an okay bot infested semi asian grinder mmo but it will never be the number one mmo like the GW2 faithful are so desperate for it to be.

    Maybe 9 million people played wow. Have tried it but I doubt their is 9 million people playing it now. I doubt there is 9 million people playing it at the sametime... ~Pokes your nose~

  • UtukuUtuku AmsterdamPosts: 30Member
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz
    Originally posted by Utuku
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz
    Cant kill wow. You can take most of there playerbase. To where its basically nothing to where they might consider making it free to play to lvl 20 or even put a cheesy panda onfront of there cover thinking it will bring in hardcore gamers lol wtf... Hopefully no one is that stupid... I checked out videos of the gameplay I almost fell asleep watching it ZzzZzzz I guess with the few players that are left they enjoy playing it.

    You do realize WoW still has 9-10 million players, right?

    If that's your idea of a population being "basically nothing" or "few players that are left", then GW2 has already failed, horribly. 'cause WoW is still mopping the floor with most other MMOs out there - GW2 included - after what, 8 years in service?

    Amazing how out of touch some people can be.


    The only thing that's going to kill WoW is Blizzard when they decide to shut the game down for good. And that's not going to be for a long while. Far too many players and far too much momentum on its side still for that to happen.

     

    I don't think they are out of touch i would say they are in denial.GW2 an okay bot infested semi asian grinder mmo but it will never be the number one mmo like the GW2 faithful are so desperate for it to be.

    Maybe 9 million people played wow. Have tried it but I doubt their is 9 million people playing it now. I doubt there is 9 million people playing it at the sametime... ~Pokes your nose~

    Think you quoted the wrong person but ill bite.

    Maybe 2.something million bough GW2 but i doubt that same number are playing it at the sametime,see where this is going. ~Pokes your ear~

  • smh_alotsmh_alot Area 51Posts: 976Member
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

    So, down the road, when ANet or NC inevitably start touting their big numbers of "active accounts", I hope someone has the sense to ask "how many of those active accounts are actively played? Say, at least one login a week?".Better yet, though I won't hold my breath,  I hope ANet and NCSoft have the integrity to make that distinction themselves.

     

    I think you have people from all MMO's, WoW included, that have the inclination to speak in hyperboles and extremes while ignoring the other stuff. As for GW2, there isn't any subs to measure, so the only figures that can be regarded is sales and player activity figures, like PCU for example. Player activity figures for GW2 are pretty good still, but ofc they won't beat the player activity figures of a WoW with 10 mln subs.

    I think it's a smart thing for MMO gamers to do, to see figures in their context: sales is just sales, not subs, there is a difference between 1st day sales and 1st week sales or 1st month sales, and Chinese WoW subs don't mean the same as non-Chinese subs even if they're thrown on the same heap.

    It may also explain why it looks like the player activity figures of WoW comes far closer to other games like GW2 than the proclaimed 10 mln subs gives reason to suspect.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Stanksville, OHPosts: 269Member Common
    Will Pandaland out-sell GW2?
  • RavenmaneRavenmane Pensacola, FLPosts: 246Member

    WoW is still considered a good game by many standards.  Sure the graphics look old but then again I'm sure if you visit a friend after not seeing them for seven year, a lot has changed, unless they dropped money into beauty products or body modification.  GW2 is also a good game by many standards.  Each have their flaws but all in all I can't dsay GW2 is a WoW killer.  To me a WoW Killer would have to be a game that makes me quit WoW on a financial level.  I still pay $15 a month for WoW and I also play GW2.  The WoW killer will have to be a subscription based MMO imo.  It'll have to pull that $15 a month from Blizzard.  Even with everyone shouting F2P, F2P is not the way to go most of the time.  F2P usually means I'm not getting some of the same quality of content (not including Star Trek Online or LotRO.  They still get good content updates.). 

    So actually, if you look at it.  Either a subscription based game will have to come along to take the money or the player base would have to take a big enough hit that the players themselves killed WoW.  But seeing that the subscription numbers went from 9.1 million to over 10 million with the release of MoP, I doubt that will happen any time soon.

    "If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • Marcus-Marcus- Posts: 970Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Utuku
    Originally posted by edtanxxx

    enough with this kind of thread already. 

     

    Yeah let's have more of the "gw2 is the bestest since t-rex walked the earth" or "i'm not bored" lol.

    I'm not bored... but then again, i have never found the lure of chasing gear as the main aspect of my MMOs overly appealing.

     

    /shrug

  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,332Member Uncommon
    Biased Poll...not worth even voting srry.
  • SirmakiSirmaki Nashville, TNPosts: 117Member Common
    "becamed"? Seriously? 
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,668Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

    Enough.  No reputable source called this or any other MMO a WOW killer.

    Word.

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

  • MorninglordMorninglord Stockton, CAPosts: 15Member Uncommon
    There is absolutely no WoW killer currently out or due to come out. WoW will kill itself in the end. When will that happen? No one knows.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Sad thing is that the day Blizzard shut the doors of WoW for good, it's a very likely chance that 90% of all current mmos as of today will be shut down before it. Kinda like saying the sun will burnout before a bonfire.

    image
    "Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

  • SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Posts: 877Member Uncommon

    By Metacritic Score:

     

    World of Warcraft, Mists of Panderia: 83

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria

     

    Guild Wars 2:  91

     

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

     

     

    Problem solved.  By today's standards, Guild Wars 2 is more critically received than that of what WoW is dishing out.  No, not by 7 years ago standand; today's standard.


  • UtukuUtuku AmsterdamPosts: 30Member
    Originally posted by Siphaed

    By Metacritic Score:

     

    World of Warcraft, Mists of Panderia: 83

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria

     

    Guild Wars 2:  91

     

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

     

     

    Problem solved.  By today's standards, Guild Wars 2 is more critically received than that of what WoW is dishing out.  No, not by 7 years ago standand; today's standard.

    Really! lol.

     

  • Effin_RabbitEffin_Rabbit Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    I thought WoW committed suicide?
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Kansas City, MOPosts: 4,844Member

     

    Since it's obvious that English is your second language (or at least not your first), I'll just help you out and let you know that your thread title is incorrect.  It should be "So did this BECOME the WoW killer as we all read?"

     

    As for the thread itself, the poll is biased and troll-like and the thread is pointless and ridiculous.

    President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO SomewherePosts: 1,326Member
    and you read about this where?

    imageimage
  • Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    Originally posted by Morninglord
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    [mod edit]

    [mod edit]

    No it isn't.  Not even close.  If people who added nothing constructive to posts were trolls, half the internet would be banned.

  • Ghost12Ghost12 Boston, MAPosts: 684Member
    Originally posted by Siphaed

    By Metacritic Score:

     

    World of Warcraft, Mists of Panderia: 83

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria

     

    Guild Wars 2:  91

     

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

     

     

    Problem solved.  By today's standards, Guild Wars 2 is more critically received than that of what WoW is dishing out.  No, not by 7 years ago standand; today's standard.

     

    Bro, this aint 1998. No one takes video game critics seriously anymore. Video game "journalism" is a joke.

     

    Get with the times.

  • UtukuUtuku AmsterdamPosts: 30Member
    Originally posted by just1opinion

     

    Since it's obvious that English is your second language (or at least not your first), I'll just help you out and let you know that your thread title is incorrect.  It should be "So did this BECOME the WoW killer as we all read?"

     A stealth gramma spelling attack but done under the guise of you helping him,not very obvious lol.

    As for the thread itself, the poll is biased and troll-like and the thread is pointless and ridiculous.

    As for the poll being biased,it depends which side of the fence you are on.

  • doodphacedoodphace Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,815Member

    Just want to point this out, seeing as people keep quoting numbers....

    GW2 cracked the 2mil mark 2 weeks after release.

    SWTOR also cracked 2 million sales, and reported 1.7 mil subs after its first month.

    MoP...an expansion pack to an 8 year old game that has lost more subs than both games mentioned above currently have as an active player base combined...sold 2.7 million copies...its first week...go figure...

  • eggy08eggy08 erie, PAPosts: 525Member
    How is this thread not locked yet? Honestly, worst cry out for attention in a while.
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Great YarmouthPosts: 395Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Clawzon
    Well?

    In answer to your question a Well is a deep hole full of water.

     

     

This discussion has been closed.