Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else not hyped to go and play a Panda? Or is it just me?

2»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Sicae

Words from friends that rejoined is that its a solid wow expansion, the levelling is better, the dungeons fits well, the new activities are fun, with the exception of scenarios and it sounds like its made for the players that enjoy the themepark style that wow offers. 

They also told me that I would probably hate it, because I am tired of wow-combat, questing and dungeon running, and look for a very different experience.

My friends are mixed about it, particularly the new talent system. Some like the changes, others not so much. But then again, the reaction seems to be the same here too, some people really like the expansion others hate it.

I guess you cant please everyone.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Goll25
    Originally posted by grimal

Wow.  I just launched up the game client (which I downloaded earlier yesterday).  The graphics look so dated.  I was playing GW2 earlier and WoW looks like Minecraft in comparison.

Uninstall.

Shallow judgment. WoW also runs a hundred times smoother, and basic animations are arguably better (jump, strafe, etc.) . Also they can't be measured graphically together, as WoW is over stylized and shouldn't be judge graphically, rather tastefully.

Minecraft shouldn't even be brought up, the game is a testiment to wonderful programming, proof that graphics are only skin deep. 

On topic:

No, I think it is a silly race to make play-able. However as an expansion aside from that, I think Blizzard took a big risk, and the expansion turned out great (SO FAR!). My only explantion of it is picture Nagrand, as a continent, and oriental themed.  Now throw in better story telling to the questing, and even funner quests and the leveling experience is fun.

I will not comment on the end game yet. As the last expansion was atrocious, lets see if blizz learned from it. Wotlk was great, but they did make the raids/heroics a bit too easy from B/C. Though Wotlk had some of the most interesting Lore-wise end game.

Shallow judgement? Perhaps, but It did hit me like a brick.  I've always thought the artistic style trumped their graphics but for me, at least, it was a bit of a shock to see how dated the game looked to me.

Not trying to disuade anyone from playing WoW, it was just my reaction.  I wanted to check it out since I have been hearing about the PVP as of late.

Didnt mean to offend anyone, carry on.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Shallow judgment. WoW also runs a hundred times smoother, and basic animations are arguably better (jump, strafe, etc.) . Also they can't be measured graphically together, as WoW is over stylized and shouldn't be judge graphically, rather tastefully.

That's not quite fair.  You absolutely can judge ANY game that chooses relatively low poly counts.  Blizzard artists do a great job with the limitations of the engine, but you can make stylized assets with much higher poly counts as well.  They have low poly counts because they want the game to work on low end machines.  The art is a byproduct of a design choice.

Personally I enjoy visuals in WOW, but I realize that a lot of people don't like the style and/or the relatively low poly count.

Well what I mean is that graphically WoW shouldn't be compared to GW2 as the Devs have to completely different art directions. It's like Borderlands to Battlefield 3. It's not a matter of graphics/polycount, but style. WoW is not meant to look photo-realistic, but rather cartoony. 

Wow's graphics do not look dated, DoaC, Darkfall etc, do. But the direction of WoW stands the test of time, because it is not meant to be looked at impressively realistic, but cartoonish. Even yet they get updated with every expansion, and looks great now Maxed out. (as a kick, WoW is DX11 compatible while GW2 is DX9)

What I'm saying is it is like judging an Impressionist Painting too a High Reinosance one. Yeah they are both paintings, but  to compare them on the shallowness of looks is totally missing the point and really they shouldn't be.

There are a lot of players that only like realistic looking art design.

WOWs graphics absolutely look dated.  If they built a new WOW from scratch it wouldn't look nearly so blocky or primitive.  It would be stylized, but even GW2 has a lot of stylization with more modern graphics.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Blizzard just blew it with this expansion. It feels so out of place compared to the WoW universe. I've been getting beta and free playtime invitations in my mail for the past 4-5 months and not once did I even consider giving this game another try. I'm left with the good memories of the game, mainly in Vanilla (although I did enjoy WotLK too).

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Titan project is all about.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

MoP has all the features introduced that made me not want to buy MoP.

Panda's

Pokemon

Cross realm griefing

Dumbed down talent system

Speed dungeon races for the gogogogo morons

Added 100's of daily quests

Ghostcrawler still calling the shots, wonder how long he can sit at that throne before there are zero players left.

Very happy GW2 came just in time :)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Mothanos

MoP has all the features introduced that made me not want to buy MoP.

Panda's

Pokemon

Cross realm griefing

Dumbed down talent system

Speed dungeon races for the gogogogo morons

Added 100's of daily quests

Ghostcrawler still calling the shots, wonder how long he can sit at that throne before there are zero players left.

Very happy GW2 came just in time :)

These are three of the bigger issues for me.  I don't have much of an opinion on the rest.  I don't think the Panda race is inherently bad... but until WoW makes a playable Tuskar race, they can count me out :p

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480
    I left about a month after the announced it, along with most of the my guild(s)
  • Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I never even made it to WotLK.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.