Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broken and unplayble ! Warning stay away !

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

in this game your not doing your quests, your doing a quest on how to get this game either running or how to get a GM to help you a few times per day because something importand doesnt work. the gMs are nice and help but what gives if you need them a few times per day ?

I never saw a more broken game than Vangard. Either you are stuck somewhere in an object or your falling through the ground and die. Quests dont work and hours of work were useless. the GUI resets free will. Players teleport to random spots on the game maps and die. Very importand class skills arent working etc etc etc. The new developers of this game have no clue about the code, the engine or anything at all. They break more than they fix at the moment.

I  warn every sensible soul to avoid this game at all cost or you will end up in a psychiatry or without  hair.

If something doesnt work while playing Vanguard, its not your computer !!! dont try to fix anything !!!

Best if you just dont start to optimize, repair, install drivers  or fix anything.  

This game cant be optimized or whatever because its broken.

Install and play this game at your own risk !

Comments

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128

i'm playing and having fun and im not having any problem...

i have a necromancer level 43 and i'm finding groups for dungeons or questing and having nice moments inside.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Ok
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

This games concept is amazing, but it does have its issues.  For some the trade is worth it and others its not.  This was 5 min ago...

image  Fell through and died when i hit this below.  Odd cause i was just swimming along, has a little frame rate hitch and thats all folks.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by tarodin

i have a necromancer level 43 and i'm finding groups for dungeons or questing and having nice moments inside.

yes sure you have fun re-summoning your necro pet every few minutes inside a dungeon when it becomes stuck  :) i am sure thats fun and ah yes ! i am sure it never happened to you ! i gave up on my 52 necro long ago because of that reason. playing after level 51 makes no sense anyway for a necro because no one needs this class.

necro is a solo class , why would a group take a necro over a shaman, cleric or another class ? because of your group heal or your weak pet or your awesome slow DoTs ? no reason to play a necro after Level 50 in VG..

i know there are less players every week, guilds moved to GW2 and many others gave up because VG is a bugged and broken game. The new Developers cause more harm than good..

on US you see a few players in Veskals Exchange and Khal thats it and the European server has died out already long ago....

Do a guild invite search and check how many officers are online during prime time.... they all left there is almost no more full functionating raid guild on Telon.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
      That is to bad you are having problems, yes their is some hitching in the game, I just try to ignore it, The game is so good that I put up with some issues
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Goromhir

Install and play this game at your own risk !

I have it installed and pay a sub to boot.

The game is creaky but what it offers is something that I can't seem to find in this day and age of gaming.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    There's bugs, but i haven't ran into any that are game breaking..Its funny when others say to"stay away!". Others might not be so nit picky and actually enjoy the game.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

yes sure you have fun re-summoning your necro pet every few minutes inside a dungeon when it becomes stuck  :) i am sure thats fun and ah yes ! i am sure it never happened to you ! i gave up on my 52 necro long ago because of that reason. playing after level 51 makes no sense anyway for a necro because no one needs this class.

necro is a solo class , why would a group take a necro over a shaman, cleric or another class ? because of your group heal or your weak pet or your awesome slow DoTs ? no reason to play a necro after Level 50 in VG..

i know there are less players every week, guilds moved to GW2 and many others gave up because VG is a bugged and broken game. The new Developers cause more harm than good..

on US you see a few players in Veskals Exchange and Khal thats it and the European server has died out already long ago....

Do a guild invite search and check how many officers are online during prime time.... they all left there is almost no more full functionating raid guild on Telon.

Hmm. . you have a level 52 necro and the game is "unplayable". . . ?  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Hmm. . you have a level 52 necro and the game is "unplayable". . . ?  

Makes you wonder....

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128

Hi again,

i'm not having the problems you had.  I only have to re-summon my pet when it dies. And i don't know if i am lucky but... as soon as I log in i do a /who all 44 50 and i ask for start a group or join an existant group, im always welcome.

Yesterday we had an issue at xennumet dungeon.. we made a petition and 5 mins later we had a GM solving that situation.

I know this game needs to solve lots of problems, but now is very playable and i like it because is not closed as the new games (wow, gw2) and not so hardcore like the old glories (eq, uo, etc...). I like to travel, to lore, to do long quests, to have nice social interactions... i was playing GW2 and all happened so fast, people moving around focusing in their quests and not in grouping... i dont know if at highers level things will change but at the first levels is important to have the feeling of a good community and this is what i found in vanguard... i think it's because is people around my age 25+

• TorreyHTorreyH Member UncommonPosts: 43
    The game does have some issues, but its not nearly as bad as this post implies.  Its really quite playable at this point, and you can do quite a bit of it for free.  And there is a lot to like about Vanguard.  I love the beautiful and open world - pretty much any place you can see, you can go.  Where there are doors, they open.  Roads lead somewhere, and the lack of zoning adds a lot to the immersion.  Even the dungeons are open and non-instanced.  I love that.  The community is great.  Death actually means something.  If you like the old-school, hard-core MMO's, don't miss Vanguard.