Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: Our Official Allods Online Re-Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Allods Online has been out for awhile now and it's been making steady developmental improvements. We take a second look at Allods in our latest re-review. See how it's faring these days and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

The game has made quite a bit of progression since its original launch back in 2010. New patches, such as the major update of Game of Gods, release back in February, which includes a new raid, skirmish, loot companions, and even revamps to professions, primarily within alchemy and herbalism. Overall it seems that many players, in such an active playing field, are seeking the possibility that there may actually be a well-developed F2P game that is worth taking a shot at. After a couple of years of progression and a hefty investment by the folks over at Mail.ru, it’s time to give this game another look.

Read more of Mobin Koohestani's Allods Online: Our Offical Allods Online Re-Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235

Interesting review. I tried it a few years back, but it didn't keep my attention for long. After passing through the very interesting starting area and ending up in the sewers, I had a lot of fun starting out in the game. The problem was that, as soon as I was started questing in the city (the first zone after the starting area), the combat felt slow and it was just running back and forth without a reason.

The pro's about the game were the graphics/aesthetics. It really felt like a certain style was put decided on and it was consistent. It simply looks good.

Other than that I don't remember too much of it, but I will check it out once again after reading this review.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

i liked this game up until item was needed to unlock gear and some other du stuff from that moment i knew it was going to be a heavy p2w gtfo if u have no money f2p game

• tazmanyaktazmanyak Member UncommonPosts: 77

I gave Allods a try, i really did but ... cash shop is expensive, even if there is an option to buy some of the items with in game money via the game AH. But, the runes are really too expensive, the available inventory without "having to pay" is just too limited, and many guilds will let you play in HL raids ONLY IF you went through the CS for, it seems, some required items for HL.

And, combat feels ... slow, slow, sloooow! :)

• MegaTommyMegaTommy Member UncommonPosts: 31

"Fatigue" is no longer in game, for like 2 months at least. This review is outdated.

I'm a dude. I do stuff.

• norman728norman728 Member UncommonPosts: 146

it is way out of date MAJOR CHANGES have happened in the last week. and next week even more are coming with the server merge adn Mentor system that is starting.   and fatigue if used correctly helped you level faster. While Allods isn't perfect it can be fun.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Cash shop dependency has kept me away from this game. Shame, because I rather enjoyed the beta.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by MegaTommy

"Fatigue" is no longer in game, for like 2 months at least. This review is outdated.

Lol...if this is true that is pretty pathetic. Essentially means this review is either extremely outdated or it was written without the person actually even giving the game a go before writing this "rereview"..

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

erm fatigue isnt in game for at least half a year. 

i never understood one thing

this game has basically a mini eve ships, with pirating, really really deep 'space' (or astral as its called) where you actually had to have someone skilled enough to be able to navigate, other person to pilot the ship, and 2-3 people are in charge of cannons, scanners, shields, etc etc... and theres also ships pvp because 'space' isnt instanced, its just layered ... ships are totally customizable with thousands of items and combinations.

and with all that said, this game gets a 6,5 for inovation while something like tor gets 8 or whatever it was.

seriously, a 'wowlike' game with customizable, destructable, 5 man ships in open space combat, where you could actually discover new places, fight other ships, on top of all other wowlike features is not innovative enough, but tor is? 

ps: too bad this game is so cash shop dependant though, and sadly it doesnt look like its getting any better.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Mobin's writing a replacement for the fatigue paragraph now.  He edited it out in later drafts, but sent me an older one to publish. Will be updated with the proper words and whatnot shortly!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

thought so, this one actually looks like old 're-review' you guys did not long ago :D

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Ok seriously enough of this nonsense. 

You guys just gave Aion 7/10 for graphics but this gets 8.5! 

I have played both games and left Allods (at least in part) due to the eye destroying outdated graphics even at max settings. 

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Durray

I have played both games and left Allods (at least in part) due to the eye destroying outdated graphics even at max settings. 

It's no NCSoft title, but that doesn't mean the graphics can't be appealing. In Aion the characters looked really nice but the surroundings were quite terrible. Maybe I'll check out the latest Aion version since it's also F2P now, but Allods eye destroying, seriously.

imageimage
  • DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Originally posted by Durray

It's no NCSoft title, but that doesn't mean the graphics can't be appealing. In Aion the characters looked really nice but the surroundings were quite terrible. Maybe I'll check out the latest Aion version since it's also F2P now, but Allods eye destroying, seriously.

Perhaps I am getting it confused with another FTP game. Published by gpotato? Let me see if I still have this thing installed somewhere...

EDIT: Have a large update to download! Maybe they upgraded the graphics engine since I last played. Lets wait and see

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

So this game is better than TERA hmmmmm

If I recall my limited experience, I didn't want to play past the newbie empire city or whatever.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

Heavy on the p2w aspect and it gos about it in a very ugly way, sadly.

• number1finsnumber1fins Member Posts: 1

after reading the reviews i figured i would give it a try, i am ashamed of this sites reviews!  there is no way they played till endgame. the levling part of the game is great the endgame content is currputed and dead. there is tons of PVP sirmishes yet only a few can contend. if your new to game and you wanna play your in a pickcle. it is IMPOSSIBLE to get gear,  endgame quests are in pvp open areas and the elite groups "this includeds GM's and Scholars!! sit there and 1 shot people. Many ask for money in reture to finsih your quest. i know things like that happen in evey endgame mmo yet the population on this game is so low and the few that own the game enjoy owning it.  another thing that disturbed me was on there fourms there scholar got in a fight with another person and was posting IP adress.     this games is one of worst i played in long time and im so lost my confidence in this site for giving it such a high rating.   i paid money to have fun somewhere around 3k usd and was enjoying it till i hit a plato that was liek a rock.  

gm/shcolars play game and run guilds

the gear diffrences is amazing. "1 engame player can kill 30+ endgame players"

the hacking everyday you c a person who is doing somethign they shouldnt be doing

you spend money to get boxes you open box and get a chance to win prizes.  rare ones are extremly hard to get yet you notice same people will open 10 boxes and get 10 rare prizes. o did i mention there scholars also.

Allods openly promotes advertising if you rank them you get "premioum" crystals  these crystals = reallife money  "no wonder they have high ratings"

• Toxic2kToxic2k Member Posts: 16

Even now days in 2013 the game still remains PAY to WIN with no doubt.

After lvl 20 when we got in Asee-Tepth, we were ganged daily (at least 4 times per day)  by lvl 28 parties with reincarnations and runes worthing between 200$-1000$. How can they do that when you have the option to turn pvp off? Well if any of them, in their party picks up a banner, that banner automatically allows the whole party to kill even players with their pvp turned off. Good luck killing parties of people that can 1 hit you, and are wearing extremely overpowered runes bought from cash shop.

You must pay around 3$ just to reset you skill stats in case you do a mistake. Up to level 15 (1 day of playing) it is free, that means 3 active skills and 5 passives. Imagine that after that lvl you will gain access to over 25 active skills and over 100 passives from which you have to chose half, and if you mess it up, you actually need to pay 3$ to remake them again....

There is such a huge difference between a free and a cash shop player that i could never imagine. 1 cash shop player at lvl 51 can actually kill alone a whole guild of 20+ people at lvl 51.

I played before pay to win games, but this one is by far....i simply don't have words for it.