Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So did this becamed the WoW killer as we all read about???

ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188
Well?

:)

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Enough.  No reputable source called this or any other MMO a WOW killer.

Pointless thread.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Enough.  No reputable source called this or any other MMO a WOW killer.

Pointless thread.

... but it's more fun and easy to make fun of non-reputable sources!  That's how you build your street cred as somebody who is able to win forum fights!

Sort of like aiming to be a pro boxer and starting with the children's cancer ward for opponents.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    So... bias poll much? Plus, who actually is foolish enough to thank ANY game can kill another game? I can't wait for the rift expansion but I'd be a complete fool to expect it to kill MoP, even if i feel that Rift is a much better game.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Im sorry with the level of negativity I seen on these very forums, there is no way it even come close to being a dagger in the chest of wow.   Using an old saying that mmorpg once said about lotro, rofl.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    So... bias poll much? Plus, who actually is foolish enough to thank ANY game can kill another game? I can't wait for the rift expansion but I'd be a complete fool to expect it to kill MoP, even if i feel that Rift is a much better game.

* very much agreed... ALTHOUGH new darkfall will kill original darkfall.. literally:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

"So did this becamed ... "

Lol ... I lost the ability to take anything seriously after at that point.

You stay sassy!

• Originally posted by Tamanous

"So did this becamed ... "

Lol ... I lost the ability to take anything seriously after at that point.

HAHA didn't even catch that. i just guesseded it was normalis spelled. fail poll with a fail title is fail.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Becamed? lol
  • ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    Cant kill wow. You can take most of there playerbase. To where its basically nothing to where they might consider making it free to play to lvl 20 or even put a cheesy panda onfront of there cover thinking it will bring in hardcore gamers lol wtf... Hopefully no one is that stupid... I checked out videos of the gameplay I almost fell asleep watching it ZzzZzzz I guess with the few players that are left they enjoy playing it.
  • wnuneswnunes Member UncommonPosts: 16

Wow was Dead to me even before Gw2.

Just saying, it´s not my kind of game anymore.

Gw2 is entertaining me a lot btw.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    I'll give you think GW2 is currently killing itself, lack of support roles (all together they nerffed and nerfffed and nerfed them to pointlessness ) No item progression, no wvwvw pvp to fight (unless you wait hours)... no ultimate goal.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

This poll sucks, none of the answers is good.

Noone actually said GW2 would kill Wow, at least noone with half a brain (and yes, you are free to check my posting history, I specifically never said that about any game).

GW2 is a good MMO, best one in many years but only time can kill Wow. In fact pandas and Pokemon of Blizzard themselves probably hurt Wow more than GW2.

Then again, GW2 do have taken some players from Wow. Several of my guildies are from it as example and none of them seems to be going back soon either.

But the point you really misses is that GW2 do compete at some degree with Wow and that is good for players of both games. A game so much in lead as Wow is not a good thing at all, now Blizzard will be more inclined to make better and larger expansions. EA and Activisions oligopoly of the computer game market have been leading to some pretty stale games, competition is just good for the consumers. For one thing it means that activision need to invest more of Wows earnings back into the game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Jetrpg
    I'll give you think GW2 is currently killing itself, lack of support roles (all together they nerffed and nerfffed and nerfed them to pointlessness ) No item progression, no wvwvw pvp to fight (unless you wait hours)... no ultimate goal.

Uhm, what? When did 5-15 minutes become hours and hours? You dont have to play at the most overfull server around you know. The average waiting time for WvWvW is not at all that long. In EU I think only Far shiverpeaks is that bad. 

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

/sigh

GW2 wasn't supposes to kill WoW. You can play both. Many do. The only thing that's going to kill WoW is WoW. It's only WoW fans that were calling it that.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Purutzil

* very much agreed... ALTHOUGH new darkfall will kill original darkfall.. literally:)

Darkfall killed the original Darkfall, apparently the game was unfixable and had to be remade.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

When was this herald the WoW "killer"

I thought it was just thought to be the next big MMO yet actually fun and focusing on PvP.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Jetrpg

Uhm, what? When did 5-15 minutes become hours and hours? You dont have to play at the most overfull server around you know. The average waiting time for WvWvW is not at all that long. In EU I think only Far shiverpeaks is that bad. 

Been on three servers NA all been long long time on queues. But i like gw2 , just make alts once i max becuase not much else to do. Oh dungeons were messed up for a while also.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

So, if all these games have been able to maintain their own player bases (or not), how does one game kill another? No game yet has ever killed another game by causing an active playerbase of one game to abandon it for another active game.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

A game killing another game is a myth perpetuated by people who quite frankly were either:

• extremely drunk when they were typing out a rant on the forums arguing in the favor of their personal favorite game.
    or
    • are the biggest trolls on the planet who spread the disease that is the concept of a "WoW Killer" to get shits and giggles from the highly gullible masses.

I highly enjoy GW2, but even I am not dumb enough to believe that a game can kill another game. A game might cause people to leave the other game if those people feel the game they are leaving feels lacking, or if they are simply bored and wish to try something new, but the fact is:

MMOs don't kill each other, only the developers and perhaps the judgement of the publishers can do that.
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Why do people even still say that? Wow kills wow without any other game coming along to do so.
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Madamefate
    Why do people even still say that? Wow kills wow without any other game coming along to do so.

"The big man on campus must die, or my chance for superiority will never come. But first I gotta kill these other guys before I make my attempt; can't afford to have competition for the throne."

Thats the feeling I always got.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

That there poll...

Also to be honest, a lot of the vocal fans at least by this forum, have never made GW2 out as an WoW killer.I mean some may go overboard with their statements but I haven't seen em say "This is going to kill WoW." and mean it. At the most it was people being sarcastic or trying to be funny.

I will say there are some that have said it but then they disappear lol, it be like one out of the bunch who says it and then all of a sudden all fans of GW2 think it's a WoW killer some how lol.

Anyway enjoy life folk and peace out.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82
    [quote]

So did this becamed the WoW killer as we all read about???[/quote]

Did the WoW died???////slashslashslash....

No. Guild Wars 2, while a good game, did not kill WoW. No one who isn't completely delusional ever thought it would. I don't even like WoW very much, but I understand that it's very popular, is sort of the result of a perfect storm and various factors, and is unlikely to ever be repeated.

This is a fairly emblematic original post for the quality of posting on this forums, I'd say.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    This thread made me becamed sad for the human race.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Did GW2 kill WoW?

For me. an emphatic "HELL YEA!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

This discussion has been closed.