Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wich is worst actually, all the Bots or all this banging vs a door?

MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176

Allright, the bots are not funny neither are these doorfights in wvwvw but what are A.net doin about the bots really???

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

The bots are bad.

The door banging is just people playing poorly.

Was taking over a keep, didn't have a ram, set up a catapult.  Even THAT was faster than banging on the door.  Any time you see a huge group of people headbutting a door, pretty stupid of them.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Haha!

Bots are common in every mmo though but seems to be a little bit more severe on this one.

However...  these Doorfights.... CRAP!

I voted Bots.

:)

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Meowhead

The bots are bad.

Was taking over a keep, didn't have a ram, set up a catapult.  Even THAT was faster than banging on the door.  Any time you see a huge group of people headbutting a door, pretty stupid of them.

Does this game have boiling oil yet? Seems like something they should get to adding.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    Burning oil does exist and it hurts.
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Does this game have boiling oil yet? Seems like something they should get to adding.

Yeah, a keep upgraded with boiling oil is pretty horrifying.

I just wish there was a way to stealth it.  Haha, people totally see it coming and target the boiling oil first.

Be fun to stop a doorbanging zerg that way, just 'Oh surprise, we were hiding boiling oil under this tarp, and now you ALL DIE ALL AT ONCE'.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

The bots are bad.

They do it for Retaliation, anyone that tries to hit folks on the door will get 20% of the damage reflected back to them, also there's really bad clipping with the door, so people attack the door to prevent anyone on the inside from repairing.

Originally posted by ABRaquel

The bots are bad.

They do it for Retaliation, anyone that tries to hit folks on the door will get 20% of the damage reflected back to them, also there's really bad clipping with the door, so people attack the door to prevent anyone on the inside from repairing.

Oh, it's fine to have SOME people attacking the door.

Just if that's your whole plan, it's pretty stupid.  :I  The actual amount of attacking the door (Without siege equipment) that goes on should be pretty low.  Good siege equipment just melts through a door. :I

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

The bots are bad.

Oh, it's fine to have SOME people attacking the door.

Just if that's your whole plan, it's pretty stupid.  :I  The actual amount of attacking the door (Without siege equipment) that goes on should be pretty low.  Good siege equipment just melts through a door. :I

Yeah, usually my guild has half the melee at the door, the other half watching our backs, all of ranged AoE the ramparts to prevent the defenders from killing us and also to destroy any arrowcarts (those things are quite annoying)

EDIT: We do use Flaming Rams (1 if the door is not reinforced, 2 if it is)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

The bots are bad.

This ^

If you are banging on a door for more than a couple minutes you are either A) doing it wrong, or B) have strong opposition.. and are still likely doing it wrong.

Even though there have been numerous publicized tactics for taking down keeps that don't use the door, people still go for the front, obvious, boring door fight everytime. Many never even bring rams.

Bots are definitely the big issue atm w/ this game. They've been doing a lot already, but they will need to do more. Botting has always been in a big problem for Anet. Even GW1 has a huge botting problem to this day. On the bright side, the bots don't really have an effect on the average player tbh, outside of perhaps WvW. They are mostly just annoying.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Wish more 'seige' warfare was promoted such as destroying keeps and the likes. Seems just like they gave up half way through.

Still, bots are easily the problem. The fact they can teleport around and easily exploit the game though makes this problem MUCH worst.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Wish more 'seige' warfare was promoted such as destroying keeps and the likes. Seems just like they gave up half way through.

Still, bots are easily the problem. The fact they can teleport around and easily exploit the game though makes this problem MUCH worst.

You can destroy keeps, though. People just don't often do it.

In fact, the way my server generally attacks stonemist is by ignoring the doors and tearing down the walls.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Door auto attacking with the only ability your weapon has to damage the door.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I don't see the problem with door banging while you have rams hitting it.  It just adds dps as long as you don't die and the oil is always targeted first anyway.
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I don't see the problem with door banging while you have rams hitting it.  It just adds dps as long as you don't die and the oil is always targeted first anyway.

Well, right, that's fine.  ... but some people seem to think large masses of people just hitting the door with their auto attack is how it's supposed to be done (Not naming any names, though looking at posts above yours is pretty revealing).  It's even used as a critique of GW2, as if their own failure at using siege equipment is Arenanet's fault.

I've never seen that tactic used when there's even a single competent person in a group. :I  I often end up with random siege equipment just from playing, so if I'm with a group, I'm willing to set up a ram, or catapult, or whatever.  Or an arrow cart to hold a choke point, stuff like that.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

If there's nothing else to do, then it helps. But compared to the dmg you do w/ siege equipment it's very negligeable.

It's often better to focus on taking down defenses like cannons, defenders, oil, etc. than to bang on the door. Even scouting / running interception on the enemy reinforcements & supplies is generally much more beneficial than beating on the door w/ your weapon.

Keep in mind siege weapons are hitting the doors for a few thousand, while most players won't hit for more than 100.

Originally posted by aesperus

It's often better to focus on taking down defenses like cannons, defenders, oil, etc. than to bang on the door. Even scouting / running interception on the enemy reinforcements & supplies is generally much more beneficial than beating on the door w/ your weapon.

I like using the '2' ability on my sceptre as a Guardian.  Makes it really uncomfortable to stand on a piece of wall. :D

Also, yeah, being able to chain, knock back/block off people trying to run into the keep is really, really useful.

I've seen keep attacks do a poor job of that and suddenly there's almost as many people inside as there are outside, and it's all downhill from there. :/

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Bots are bad yes. But frankly is the problem a bit overrated, I played a lot and never seen an obvious bot in GW2. Sure, there might have been bots I havnt noticed, many even but people here make it sounds like they are everywhere all the time.

Morons banging on doors is not a problem as long as they are on the opposing sides. Seriously, how do you stop people from playing badly? More kills for me at least.

Nah, there are other stuff that need more attention, bots are bads but the account hackings are really what the security guys should have as main focus. Or tracking everyone who send large amounts of gold so they can ban the goldbuyers, that solves both most boths and account hacks rather soon. 

The PvP devs should work more on balance and making WvWvW better.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    I play on Crystal Desert and just finishing playing in Forstgorge Sound. I counted 29 bots in one part (reported them all). Earlier in the day came across 2 more groups in Cursed Shore of between 12-18 in each group set up with pets and banners. It's becoming a problem...

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Should replace banging on the door, which has been said is just poor play, with free transfers.

It's completely ruining WvW.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Alders

Should replace banging on the door, which has been said is just poor play, with free transfers.

It's completely ruining WvW.

true I'm very surprised they haven't cut the free transfers yet

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    I came up with some siege weapons

Walls: set up outside of keeps. Protect people behind them from siege weapons within keeps, notably arrow carts. They are quick and easy to put up, but take extra damage from cannons, mortars and pretty much everything except arrow carts and catapults. 

Wall siege: place up by the wall of the keep, they take a long time to set up, can be moved, relatively weak... This can allow smaller groups to take a unmanned keep and keep people of the doors. Since they have to be so close to the wall, and are weak, they can itbe destroyed easily. 

Add more defending npcs: this will make keeps seem more filled and lifelike. They can also attack the wall siege from the walls. Right now, keeps are stupididly empty and seem like a ghost town and that ruins immersion and make one ask why am I defending  this exactly? Adding more npcs will fix this. 

P.s. voted bots cause they stupid. 
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Personally I think something needs to be done to make burning oil more desirable.

Right now I cringe if people waste supply even building it instead of using the supply on something more useful (which is just about anything).

I mean all it really is is a 20 second speedbump if even.  When any kind of attack force of reasonable size attacks anything, that oil just drops too fast to ranged attacks.        It's awful rare you even get a situation where you get to hit someone with it.    Even if you do, it's not fatal, they get hit, they roll out of the way and go "oh, that oil's still there" then the oil dies to ranged attacks.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Personally I think something needs to be done to make burning oil more desirable.

Right now I cringe if people waste supply even building it instead of using the supply on something more useful (which is just about anything).

I mean all it really is is a 20 second speedbump if even.  When any kind of attack force of reasonable size attacks anything, that oil just drops too fast to ranged attacks.        It's awful rare you even get a situation where you get to hit someone with it.    Even if you do, it's not fatal, they get hit, they roll out of the way and go "oh, that oil's still there" then the oil dies to ranged attacks.

oil should have a  larger cicle, cause burning and there should be tar, which causes burning  and  slows movement at the cost of  a smaller area

• Smitt3kSmitt3k Member Posts: 21
    I chose bots, although I have yet to see any in-game on Tarnished Coast server.  Hackers will always be worse than poor gameplay.
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Since people banging on doors is them not knowing that they need a siege weapon to do that effectively. "Fixing" that "problem" is done by informing people. If you think a serious gate should be taken down by hitting it with a sword for a few minutes, then I feel sorry for you.

imageimage