Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Already Pre-Ordering The Elder Scrolls Online

2»

Comments

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian
    True 3 faction Wpvp.  Skill based ability progression system. Tag a closed beta on that 60, I'd buy.

You forgot hard-lined "Classes" with those skills that lock your progression. Think WoW's tier system, only split up into different weapons to earn points for. Yea, GG with that!

True 3 Faction Wpvp? Um, nope! Also, Elder Scrolls has never been about locking people into three distinct factions. It was always about freedom, and removing that means it isn't an Elder Scrolls Title.

Yeah there are classes, TSW hit the nail on the head with the classless system. Atleast it's not weapon/class locked like some systems... As long as there are plenty of abilities, I'll be fine. 

Yeah so it's not like the console game... I get true 3 faction pvp though.

Tru 3 faction PvP on a PvP system where zero info has been released nor any details whatsoever?  How's the crystal ball holding up?

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian
    True 3 faction Wpvp.  Skill based ability progression system. Tag a closed beta on that 60, I'd buy.

You forgot hard-lined "Classes" with those skills that lock your progression. Think WoW's tier system, only split up into different weapons to earn points for. Yea, GG with that!

True 3 Faction Wpvp? Um, nope! Also, Elder Scrolls has never been about locking people into three distinct factions. It was always about freedom, and removing that means it isn't an Elder Scrolls Title.

Yeah there are classes, TSW hit the nail on the head with the classless system. Atleast it's not weapon/class locked like some systems... As long as there are plenty of abilities, I'll be fine. 

Yeah so it's not like the console game... I get true 3 faction pvp though.

Tru 3 faction PvP on a PvP system where zero info has been released nor any details whatsoever?  How's the crystal ball holding up?

Well there has been developer video's around the web and if they hold on to their design philsophies ESO will be the next real RvR game. Although we've seen developers talking bull lately so I wouldn't count on it.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by zimike
    The game is doomed to fail. The people want Skyrim Online, not a WoW clone with Elder Scroll skins.

Probably true.  Can't wait for devs to realize WoW is not what people want any more.  It's a shame so many bought MoP, would have loved to see that fail, so we can get past these WoW clones.  I will never purchase one...

wait... what?

'WoW is not what people want anymore'... 'shame so many bought the latest WoW expansion'.... Contradicting to say the least.

The market will show devs what people want, not randoms on forums.

Please tell me how it is contradicting.  Nobody wants a WoW clone... MoP is not a Wow clone.. it is wow... dumbass.

You need me to tell you what I pointed out in that post was contradicting? Really? You honestly do not understand what I am saying, without resorting to these kind of tactics?

I have rephrased my quote in red in clearer terms to help you get it.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by iamjason1989
    wow..we barely know anything on TES online at this point, and people started giving away their money already?

A Fool (especially a gamer) and his money are soon parted

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I've read what the devs have said

It's not a wow clone

It's not tes single player as multiplayer

It's a daoc clone.

I agree, it's obvous they are making Dark age of Camelot 2 but don't have the rights to call it that. So they're making daoc2 and just setting it in the Elder Scrolls universe. Anything Elder Scrolls that doesn't fit into their vision of a new daoc is cut from the game.

This will be good news for fans of daoc, in fact TESO may even be a good game.

The reason TES fans are upset, because the game's Elder Scrolls in name only.

So enjoy,  just don't expect an Elder Scrolls game.

Exactly.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201
    The game is doomed to fail. The people want Skyrim Online, not a WoW clone with Elder Scroll skins.

Probably true.  Can't wait for devs to realize WoW is not what people want any more.  It's a shame so many bought MoP, would have loved to see that fail, so we can get past these WoW clones.  I will never purchase one...

I cant tell mop has sold 2.6 million copies in the us and is now back up to 11 million subs lol try harder!!

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    Originally posted by zephermarkus

I cant tell mop has sold 2.6 million copies in the us and is now back up to 11 million subs lol try harder!!

wow numbers always boggle the mind the same way that lies boggle the mind.

they had 9 million subs or so...sold only 2.7 million expansions and now have 11 million subs again.

even if you assumed there were 5 million subscribers in NA/EU (and i think thats a high estimate, and also assuming the Chinese dont have to buy an expansion.)

wouldnt that mean that less than half the existing NA/EU playerbase purchased the expansion?

the only way these numbers would actually work is if wow had only 700k active customers in NA/EU and actually added 2 mill extra accounts.

i would wager that wow has maybe 3-4 million players EQ/NA...there numbers stink. sorry to hijack the thread.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by iamjason1989
    wow..we barely know anything on TES online at this point, and people started giving away their money already?

See sig.

• MercArcherMercArcher Member Posts: 57

Elder Scrolls fans don't want skyrim online.

Skyrim was IMO the worst of the "new" series (morrowinds-skyrim), skyrims skill system was extremely limiting, removed character customization, and butchered spell casting. It has less RPG elements and more action elements in order to appease todays twitch gamer who can't bear all the RPG elements.

From what I have heard about the game so far it basically is skyrim online. I am following the development closely, but am looking forward to a good RvR system. I've been craving one ever since I stoped playing DAoC and GW2 flopped on the WvW. I have hopes for this game now.

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by MercArcher

Elder Scrolls fans don't want skyrim online.

Skyrim was IMO the worst of the "new" series (morrowinds-skyrim), skyrims skill system was extremely limiting, removed character customization, and butchered spell casting. It has less RPG elements and more action elements in order to appease todays twitch gamer who can't bear all the RPG elements.

From what I have heard about the game so far it basically is skyrim online. I am following the development closely, but am looking forward to a good RvR system. I've been craving one ever since I stoped playing DAoC and GW2 flopped on the WvW. I have hopes for this game now.

Elder scrolls fans is not a cohesive player base. If you asked 10 elder scrolls fans why one of the games is their favorite over the others you would get 10 different answers. The things I like about skyrim is the non-linear world and that you have plenty of options how to play out your character, I find skyrim combat to be quite weak.

From the developer videos (and faq based on the videos) I get the feeling that the levelling world in (t)eso is going to be very different from current themeparks, endgame PvE is standard themepark but what makes me interested is the RvR-system. There is no doubt that Matt Firor wants to recreate DaoC with (t)eso's RvR-system, he even says it in one of the developers videos.