Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Over

Comments

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    I'm in! Starting over sounds cool. I will probably make a rdm to start with, is there anyone specifically I should keep an eye out for? Also, starting in Sandy.

• NethienNethien Member Posts: 26

@Blessings ;

Welcome back!!

you may contact: Razela, Tedlar, Slowtease, or Jento for a pearl, any starting city is fine, and make sure you select

Phoenix, as that is our current home!

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    Yea I'll see you in there... 5 hour patch from nothingness though lol. Gonna get some sleep and try to log in before work in the morning.

Sounds good Blessings, just message Razela, Tedlar, Slowtease, or Jento in game for a pearl. I will be on most of the day Sunday!
  • donny852001donny852001 Member Posts: 5

still looking for more keep it coming

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Been nice to see more responding to the call. The LS is growing and we are always looking for more like minded folks that are looking to play the traditional way of FFXI. As we level our jobs we will be doing the missions together and experiencing the lore and story of the game. Come join us in our adventure through a truly terrific story and rich world.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

This has been the 4th time one of these has gotten started and instead of getting my hopes up I waited and am now asking how is the pop going? I started over about a year ago when they released that FFXI Ultimate collectors edition. I am not sure what server I am on but if this going smooth I may switch over seeing as how I haven't gotten very far on any job. I can't rember but in the event that I hop on board how much is it to server transfer? other than that I'll save the rest for if/when I join. ima start looking into what server my char is on now  and at least start the DL and patching.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

right now we have about 15 or 16 members, 8 or so of which are on all the time. things are picking up more and more each day. most of us are now in our 30's with our subjobs, and working on getting advanced jobs and missions. Currently we are nearing rank 4.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

This has been the 4th time one of these has gotten started and instead of getting my hopes up I waited and am now asking how is the pop going? I started over about a year ago when they released that FFXI Ultimate collectors edition. I am not sure what server I am on but if this going smooth I may switch over seeing as how I haven't gotten very far on any job. I can't rember but in the event that I hop on board how much is it to server transfer? other than that I'll save the rest for if/when I join. ima start looking into what server my char is on now  and at least start the DL and patching.

25$ us for a world transfert, here the linkfor more info:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/intro/optional/wd_transfer01.html

I can't speak for all that have joined, but this gamer is happy with the porgress and unity developing in the LS. We are a small core group of players, building slowly but firmly, enjoying the content of the game one expansion at a time. There are plans of (once enough progress) doing the Zilart missions and forward as they were meant to be played. 

Originally posted by Xepo
    I can't speak for all that have joined, but this gamer is happy with the porgress and unity developing in the LS. We are a small core group of players, building slowly but firmly, enjoying the content of the game one expansion at a time. There are plans of (once enough progress) doing the Zilart missions and forward as they were meant to be played. 

I decided to just server transfer because I felt it would be more beneficial to the LS to have some jobs at a level to contribute. I made the switch and am on the server waitng for one of the designated members to pop in so I can get a shell. I play a lot during the afternoon because I never know when the wife will want to mess around on GW2 or Borderlands and I am currently a student with free time. Hope to see you guys soon.

• MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102
    did this community ever get together? people playing like the ol' days? ^^
    Originally posted by Mageick

Yes the LS has been going and growing now for about 2-3 weeks. Many members are using the TeamSpeak and LS to party, level, and do missions together. If you are interested in joining us contact Razela, Slowtease, Tedlar, or Xeponia in game for a pearl. We are mostly on mission 3-3 and working with newer members to progress into Zilart.

• donny852001donny852001 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Xepo
    Originally posted by Mageick

Yes the LS has been going and growing now for about 2-3 weeks. Many members are using the TeamSpeak and LS to party, level, and do missions together. If you are interested in joining us contact Razela, Slowtease, Tedlar, or Xeponia in game for a pearl. We are mostly on mission 3-3 and working with newer members to progress into Zilart.

if any new or returners are wanting that old FFxi feel youve found the correct LS, just give one of the above mentioned players a message

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

How is this coming along? Ill hop in, if its still worth it to join you guys, being a new character and all. Take me a lil while to download, but yeah

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

we are growing everyday! We currently have 21 members registered  on our forums, 16 of which are active all the time, and we are averaging 1-2 new members a week. All in all things are going very well :)

What we can offer at this point in time is, static leveling groups most every night. If the party is full, we encourage other members to form parties. We will also swap out members every couple hours to give people a chance to join.

We are currently working on a day and time once a week to form a catch up group, for people who need help doing their main missions, or things such as sub-job items, or airship keys ect ect...

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I just downloaded this game for this. I've never really played before so, here we go!

Just a quick update on the LS. As of today we have grown in numbers. We have on average 10-15 regular players on every night. We are gearing to do the Shadow Lord fight soon and will be attempting it with full AF1 gear and capped at level 60. We hold (as close to) traditional XP parties in various zones to max out the book bonuses for the appropriate levels. 

It has been nice to see many new friendships being made between the core members and especially the ones using Teamspeak. Hop in and grab a LS pearl! We will have a slice of pizza waiting for you :P

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Count me in this Friday, I'll be getting paid and picking up the Collectors Edition after work. Excited to see people playing, I've been wanting to get back into FFXI for awhile now.
    Originally posted by couponfork
    Count me in this Friday, I'll be getting paid and picking up the Collectors Edition after work. Excited to see people playing, I've been wanting to get back into FFXI for awhile now.

Nice to hear that. There has been a lot of activity lately and while my hours aren't normal, I still find plenty to do. The LS has been really good about helping each other accomplish goals like limit breaks and AF hunts for each other. There are quite a few members who came in fresh so it shouldn't be hard finding people to exp with. While we wait for memebers to catch up we are constantly leveling jobs with low level members so there are usually parties going on somehwere.

I've only played briefly before, so it may take me a bit to get used to.
    I've been looking through jobs online quite a bit and am just curious if Summoner or Beastmaster would be a nice main job? Is there any specific jobs the group may need? 
  • lat00uklat00uk Member Posts: 28

Is this all up and running now? I have never really played FF11, I tried FF14 when it came out but this was pretty fail game, altho looking forward to Realm Reborn when its released.

I have a couple of friends who used to play this (they even met in 11 and got married in real life because of it) and I suppose I have always wanted to get into it (after trying pretty much everything else) but I dont want to play if there isnt goign to be anyone that I can ask advice of..

I bought this on Steam ages ago and will probably have to create a new account (hopefully I wont have to buy a new copy) and if I get up and running what server do I need to roll on? and what job would be good for a new player...

Hopefully that makes sense.... lol

Originally posted by lat00uk

Is this all up and running now? I have never really played FF11, I tried FF14 when it came out but this was pretty fail game, altho looking forward to Realm Reborn when its released.

I have a couple of friends who used to play this (they even met in 11 and got married in real life because of it) and I suppose I have always wanted to get into it (after trying pretty much everything else) but I dont want to play if there isnt goign to be anyone that I can ask advice of..

I bought this on Steam ages ago and will probably have to create a new account (hopefully I wont have to buy a new copy) and if I get up and running what server do I need to roll on? and what job would be good for a new player...

Hopefully that makes sense.... lol

The LS has been going strong now for over 1 month. We have many that play at different times and even have a few from over in europe. The LS is on the Pheonix server. Once in ask Razela, Xeponia, or Laucian for a pearl. 

I would suggest a melee job to start, like a Warrior or thief, mainly because at start mage jobs do have a high cost due to the spells needed to level them. 

See ya in game!

It's good to see things are still quite active on this forum, and our own. To answer a few questions... yes this is still going and going strong I might add. We are at about 35 members 15-20 of which are active and usually concurrent, averaging about 2 people added a week. most of us are level 60+ but don't let that dissuade you from joining, we are all more than happy to sync down and help all low level players get caught up in levels, and in content. The majority of us have capped ourselves at 60 to assist, and to allow others time to catch up at there own pace.