Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

not that it matters

huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
not that it matters cause it won't change anything but i don't understand why all the hate for mmorpgs..if a person isn't into a certain game i don't see the point of ridicule or slander..some people like WoW,some like GW2,some like this,others like that..but the politeness seems to have taken a back door and we push forward rudeness,abrasive and mean behavior..it's like being in a high school cliche..you're either in or out..makes no sence..where did the kindness go?? where did the understanding we're all different and have different tastes go?? everyday there is at least one  post of someone bashing someone else for liking or disliking a game..makes no sence..NOW what i think of GW2..i'm an old school gamer..nintendo,sega,atari :)) i've been playing mmorpg games for over 11 yrs now..i began playing my first mmorpg in 2001 called Helbreath USA..http://www.helbreathusa.com/..i have played WoW,Eq1 and 2,SWTOR,The Secret World,Aion,D&D,LOTR,tons more..i was even fortunate to get my wife to accompany me on many of the games(twisting the arm does work lol)..but the one game that stands out for me is Guild Wars 2..i miss the old days when games were hard. games you would spend hrs trying to beat a certain boss,or days being pissed that you couldn't figure out what to do next..Exploring for hrs upon hrs until you finally found what you were looking for..calling nintendo power(yes i am old lol) asking what to do or a better strategy to accmplish my goal..even tho gw2 is pretty simple in terms of what to do,the strategy of how to kill certain stuff is challenging..too many games these days are too simple,the challenge was left off due to companies being afraid the user might run and play something else..gw2 is both challenging and rewarding..the graphics are beautiful,the social branch is there and it's constantly evolving..the exploring is there and actually fun..there are alot of people who like this game and some who don't,but from a older persons point of view it's a fun game and i hope to see some of ya ingame.. i am in Borliss Pass char name Justin Towne if someone would like to join up or do something together..ty for your time and have a good day :))

Comments

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    i tried to read it but i kept skipping all over the place.  sorry man, rephrase it all in a readable form.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I tidied the post up a bit and made it easier to read, trying not to take away the OPs spirit for what they're saying ;)

'Not that it matters, ‘cause it won't change anything, but I don't understand why all the hate for MMORPG's. If a person isn't into a certain game I don't see the point of ridicule or slander. Some people like WoW, some like GW2,some like this, others like that, but the politeness seems to have taken a back door and we push forward rudeness, abrasive and mean behaviour. It’s like being in a high school cliché. You’re either in or out. It makes no sense.

Where did the kindness go?? Where did the understanding we're all different and have different tastes go?? Every day there is at least one post of someone bashing someone else for liking or disliking a game. It makes no sense.

NOW what I think of GW2.

I’m an old school gamer...Nintendo, Sega, Atari :)) I’ve been playing MMORPG games for over 11 years now. I began playing my first MMORPG in 2001 called Helbreath USA (http://www.helbreathusa.com/). I have played WoW, EQ1 and 2, SWTOR, The Secret World, Aion, D&D, LOTRO, and tons more. I was even fortunate to get my wife to accompany me on many of the games(twisting the arm does work lol), but the one game that stands out for me is Guild Wars 2.

I miss the old days when games were hard;  games you would spend hours trying to beat a certain boss, or days being pissed that you couldn't figure out what to do next. Exploring for hours upon hours until you finally found what you were looking for. Calling Nintendo power(yes I am old lol) asking what to do or a better strategy to accomplish my goal. Even though gw2 is pretty simple in terms of what to do, the strategy of how to kill certain stuff is challenging.

Too many games these days are too simple, the challenge was left off due to companies being afraid the user might run and play something else. GW2 is both challenging and rewarding. The graphics are beautiful, the social branch is there and it's constantly evolving. The exploring is there and actually fun. There are a lot of people who like this game and some who don’t, but from an older persons point of view it's a fun game and I hope to see some of ya in game.  I am in Borliss Pass char name Justin Towne if someone would like to join up or do something together.

Ty for your time and have a good day :)'

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Man it's still iffy but I get it.  These games have never been about kindness.  If you had some kind response it is most likely isolated, perhaps from me!  :) 

The existing community is what is has always been for the most part.   Don't let nostalgia fool you ;)