Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Already Pre-Ordering The Elder Scrolls Online

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Sites such as Gamestop already have Elder Scrolls Online ready to pre-order which sort of blows my mind considering the game isn't even coming out until 2013!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online/101905

That's the link to show you. Look at the release date: 12/31/2013

That's a long time to wait anyways, and so I don't really see how anyone would want to pre-order a game when they know so little about it. All they know is that it's Elder Scrolls and while that may be enough for some people it's not for me. I'm just a bit curious, do you guys pre-order games that much in advance when you have so little information to go on them? I mean, what if it turns out you end up not liking the game?

Smile

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Ahh, whats $60 gonna hurt.  I find elder scrolls boring because its 1player.. maybe this would be good... I am not ordering it though.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    The game is doomed to fail. The people want Skyrim Online, not a WoW clone with Elder Scroll skins.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by zimike
    The game is doomed to fail. The people want Skyrim Online, not a WoW clone with Elder Scroll skins.

Probably true.  Can't wait for devs to realize WoW is not what people want any more.  It's a shame so many bought MoP, would have loved to see that fail, so we can get past these WoW clones.  I will never purchase one...

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Sites such as Gamestop already have Elder Scrolls Online ready to pre-order which sort of blows my mind considering the game isn't even coming out until 2013!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online/101905

That's the link to show you. Look at the release date: 12/31/2013

That's a long time to wait anyways, and so I don't really see how anyone would want to pre-order a game when they know so little about it. All they know is that it's Elder Scrolls and while that may be enough for some people it's not for me. I'm just a bit curious, do you guys pre-order games that much in advance when you have so little information to go on them? I mean, what if it turns out you end up not liking the game?

Thats going to be the trick for this game selling well honestly. They are going to be relying on the name selling it rather than the info or the game itself. This is definitely one thats going to rely on initial sales, see huge intial sales at release then a steep decline soon after.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Thats going to be the trick for this game selling well honestly. They are going to be relying on the name selling it rather than the info or the game itself. This is definitely one thats going to rely on initial sales, see huge intial sales at release then a steep decline soon after.

Yeh, guess we can expect cheap lifetime offer or no subscription model. 

REALITY CHECK

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Good job its not a wow clone then.
  • TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

I can kinda understand folks giving money to indie devs through Kickstarter.  

However, established studios are not charities - none of them see a penny of my money till they have a finished product.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    wow..we barely know anything on TES online at this point, and people started giving away their money already?
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by phantomghost

Probably true.  Can't wait for devs to realize WoW is not what people want any more.  It's a shame so many bought MoP, would have loved to see that fail, so we can get past these WoW clones.  I will never purchase one...

wait... what?

'Not what people want anymore'... 'shame so many bought MoP'.... Contradicting to say the least.

The market will show devs what people want, not randoms on forums.

• OrenshiiOrenshii Member Posts: 61

Meantime you share your random knowledge. Give me a break, you have 6,000 posts+

And yet all your post still say is.. "I think im smart, watch how i use my wording!"

Please, if you all were so smart, you wouldnt be arguing here like children.

Destiny has cheated me
    By forcing me to decide upon
    The woman that I idolise
    Or the hands of an automaton

Without these hands I can't complete
    The opera that was captivating her
    But if I keep them, and she marries him
    Then he probably won't want me dating her

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Vesavius

wait... what?

'Not what people want anymore'... 'shame so many bought MoP'.... Contradicting to say the least.

Imagine that out of 10 million subscribers 2.7 million bought MoP and you consider that as an indicator WoW style gaming is what people want, even though such a small percentage of WoW players purchased the expansion.

And the market has shown that people are fairly done with the WoW model, how many MMO's based on the WoW model have come and gone or converted to f2p when the intent was for it to be p2p?

I'm not saying WoW doesn't have a following, but lets be realistic here... those that want to play a WoW style game are playing WoW and even within that group fewer and fewer are buying the expansions.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    True 3 faction Wpvp.  Skill based ability progression system. Tag a closed beta on that 60, I'd buy.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

wait... what?

Imagine that out of 10 million subscribers 2.7 million bought MoP and you consider that as an indicator WoW style gaming is what people want, even though such a small percentage of WoW players purchased the expansion.

And the market has shown that people are fairly done with the WoW model, how many MMO's based on the WoW model have come and gone or converted to f2p when the intent was for it to be p2p?

I'm not saying WoW doesn't have a following, but lets be realistic here... those that want to play a WoW style game are playing WoW and even within that group fewer and fewer are buying the expansions.

Those figures included only the sales in the west as stated, also people are not done with the WoW model as WoW proves time and time again. Maybe if a game that copies WoW and is of high quality will be successful as well.

• SneakyRussianSneakyRussian Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Good job its not a wow clone then.

Ha ha ha ha.

Good one.

Yea, too bad ShakyMo is either joking or has no clue about what TESO really is. Watch all of the interviews, sneak peaks, and developer insights into TESO. The game is a sure-fire SWTOR/WoW clone.

It WILL fail as no one wants a WoW-fied version of Skyrim. They just don't, and I'm sorry the truth hurts. However, sometimes beating around the bush being "nice" is far more harmful than not.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

wait... what?

Please tell me how it is contradicting.  Nobody wants a WoW clone... MoP is not a Wow clone.. it is wow... dumbass.

Exactly. You said "WoW is not what people want any more." not "WoW clone is not what people want any more." And then you contradict yourself in the next sentence. MoP is WoW and it did well.

• SneakyRussianSneakyRussian Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by bcbully
    True 3 faction Wpvp.  Skill based ability progression system. Tag a closed beta on that 60, I'd buy.

You forgot hard-lined "Classes" with those skills that lock your progression. Think WoW's tier system, only split up into different weapons to earn points for. Yea, GG with that!

True 3 Faction Wpvp? Um, nope! Also, Elder Scrolls has never been about locking people into three distinct factions. It was always about freedom, and removing that means it isn't an Elder Scrolls Title.

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Pre-order now so if the development of the game doesnt go how you like you can start screaming about how you're gonna cancel your pre-order.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

No one should have to pay money for a beta. No one should sell an MMO for 60 bucks. And this game will fail for one reason.

Publishers are out of sorts with the developers. Early on when the game was announced the dev talked about public dungeons and how well they worked in DAoC and I thought "hell yeah, public dungeons rock" then a few months later "oh but don't worry we have phasing, and instances, and singleplayer quest based leveling!" bs. You can't have those AND public dungeons, they don't work. I assume the WoW features were shoe horned in by the devs.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian

You forgot hard-lined "Classes" with those skills that lock your progression. Think WoW's tier system, only split up into different weapons to earn points for. Yea, GG with that!

True 3 Faction Wpvp? Um, nope! Also, Elder Scrolls has never been about locking people into three distinct factions. It was always about freedom, and removing that means it isn't an Elder Scrolls Title.

Yeah there are classes, TSW hit the nail on the head with the classless system. Atleast it's not weapon/class locked like some systems... As long as there are plenty of abilities, I'll be fine. 

Yeah so it's not like the console game... I get true 3 faction pvp though.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I pre-ordered (actually prepurcharsed) first game in my life not so long ago.  I am playing for 20 years and this was my first pre-order. 

I know I will never do it again. I mau buy games short after release but never pre-order for me again.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've read what the devs have said

It's not a wow clone

It's not tes single player as multiplayer

It's a daoc clone.
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

If people don't want MMORPG's like WoW, then why are they still buying them?  I don't know about you, but I don't buy something new that I know I won't like just for the sake that it's new and there's nothing else that I want to buy.

I can't wait to see a true sandbox come out, and then see how long before we hear people that have been clamoring for them for years cry that there's nothing to do (after playing it little while), or complain that there's too many carebears because not enough people want to be PKed in open world PvP.

The simple fact that there were no quests, and that it was basically just explore and skill grind, was the reason I stopped playing UO many years ago. I'm not a role player and don't feel the need to create my own story explaining why I'm wondering the world and slaying critters without reason/meaning! And for those that claim that's what RP is about, not in my experience, PnP role playing games generally always involved a prepared story/adventure that players play out, and if players attempted to stray the GM always had to steer (hand hold) the players back in the right direction... Traditionally sandbox MMORPG's don't give you story/quests, or it will give you very minimal in the way of story/quest, which is why I have no desire to play one.

I'm enjoying my MMO's of choice, LOTRO, SWTOR, GW2, thank you very much, and no matter how long and loud people yell  that no one wants another "Themepark/WoW clone', it's simply not true, not "everyone" fits that mold.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I've read what the devs have said

It's not a wow clone

It's not tes single player as multiplayer

It's a daoc clone.

I agree, it's obvous they are making Dark age of Camelot 2 but don't have the rights to call it that. So they're making daoc2 and just setting it in the Elder Scrolls universe. Anything Elder Scrolls that doesn't fit into their vision of a new daoc is cut from the game.

This will be good news for fans of daoc, in fact TESO may even be a good game.

The reason TES fans are upset, because the game's Elder Scrolls in name only.

So enjoy,  just don't expect an Elder Scrolls game.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Had a friend that had SC2 pre-ordered for several years since it got delayed back so long. Really though, people had been jumping on the GW2 wagon for some time before and many haven't touched it in some time, and SWTOR even more so with likely far more of those initial preorder players not playing the game any longer.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

and once again a bunch of people are going to spend money on pre ordering somthing that will probably be totally different than what the devs are saying its going to be by the time it comes out.

they will make a boat load of money off just pre orders and then they will be able to release a half finished turd that everybody will complain about. but who cares they already made all their money off the sheep who pre order every new game.

if people truely want change stop giveing these companys your money till the game actually comes out and is proven to be good.