Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So bots really are an issue.

• ZigZagsZigZags Modesto, CAPosts: 329Member Uncommon
    If you can't beat them, join them.

Now: Skyrim
    Later: ?
    Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
    BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

• RedrumickeyRedrumickey Phila., PAPosts: 13Member
    There wouldnt be ant bots if players wouldnt buy from them ! I think they shouild have a server all to their own so anybody who wants to cheat can go there and have a blast. But dont dumb down the game for the rest of us saw 2 rangers last night teloporting all over the place from one end of the braod the other and  evem wrost was no cooldown at all .  Ive got spam with those adds too  and ya some of them are selling full hack codes !!!  Then you are know longer playing a game but ruining it for others .Its starting to really turn me off from wanting to play what was once becomming a great game to who gives a s***  that A-hole is cheating too!
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Vancouver, BCPosts: 2,140Member Uncommon

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    considering you can't steal mobs in this game...

I don't really give a shit.

Oh yeah, who cares about stealing the mob.

Nevermind that, you should start caring about the game's economy.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Well, if you're so sure it's a bot, then report it. Easy enough, click on the character Rightclick and report IIRC, never did it before myself.

Reported multiple botters t-porting around. What happened? The next day I saw some of the same names doing the same thing in the next higher tier zone. Reported them again. A week+ later now and just saw one of the names I knew, still t-porting around.

• RhinoNZRhinoNZ AucklandPosts: 21Member

Everyone hates bots, I know. Me just as much as the other guy & I know it can be frustrating seeing the same guy/s in the same spots for a few weeks at a time.

Think of it like this guys.

If you tell a police officer you see someone on the street selling drugs, they are more than likely just a small time dealer, part of a much larger & sinister group.

If the information you provide about Mr Small Time is acted on straight away...yes, it gets the small time dealer off the street corner, but then 2 more arrive the next day selling the same products to the same people.

Nothing is resolved & the problem continues.

They are instead put under surveillance, watched, followed & their movements/conversations & dealings are tracked.

This takes time & you dont always see all the work in behind the scenes thats going on.

Then all of a sudden, a little bit down the track after the police have got quality info from the unsuspecting mole the information gathered is used, they swoop down in a massive raid and shut down  the ENTIRE network all at once, including all the other dealers in the neighbourhood and the Big Boss dealer.

I always think of it like that when I report a botter or farmer.

Yes.... they may be there in the same spot for a few days > a week.... oh but they & their kind will get there dues.

I have every confidence in ArenaNet that the bot issue & the market instability will be resolved.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik lisboaPosts: 391Member
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

considering you can't steal mobs in this game...

I don't really give a shit.

REALLY! if they don't stop their infestation the game starts to feel like crap, anyway i 'm still loving the game , but i hate gold farmers and xiting people.

• GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member Common
    that's the problem with PvE servers. whereas if FFA pvp servers existed, these bots would have been very much dead all the time.