Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 adds another NA server

1235»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Marcus-

bots... bots... bots.....

In Ultima Online, miners would set up there house next to hills and they would have bots mine all night, in "the safety of their own home ruining the economy!! Everyone has a bots, miners suk!"

In DAoC there were "buff bots", some were stationary, others "followed" you around, "ruining RvR", everyone has a bot!

In WoW, "80% of the people in my BG R botz!1!1!1".

GW2 "For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots"

(as a few examples)

Bots have been around since the beginning, any game worth its salt is more than likely, going to have them, welcome to massively multi-player online gaming. Its unfortuante, but there it is.

Heres hoping Anet can put even a small grip on them..

Yes.  But bots have always been more of an issue in games w/o a subscription fee.

Doubtful and where's your proof?  In Asia there is no sub based subscriptions of WoW which I'm pretty sure that is all MMOs then.  GW2 you need an account and are typically hacked accounts according to some that are botting.  It doesn't matter if it was a sub based game or non-sub as they are using someone elses account.  Granted non-sub games might go longer without the owner detecting the theft if they are on an extended break.

lineage 2 and Aion were the two games i played that I saw the highest number of bots.. although f2p games most of the time probably have smaller staffs and budgets so would make it harder to have people dedicated to eliminating bots.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOTS.  Could we please get back on topic.  This has been off topic for pages now.

Sure is easy, apparently, to derail a thread.  Seriously.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

This thread got seriousily out of whack.

1. There is no new server.   And if there was a new server there would have to be 3.

2.  There are bots in the game, its not overruning with them but there are groups of them here and there.  People's sightings of them may vary.  But it's not Bigfoot people...

3.  Bots do hurt the economy.  They can't steal your nodes but they will farm theirs.  And they can teleport around and do it.   If you've paid attention to the Trading Post at all, as a trader, you can easily see the bots effect on the economy.  

4. Calm down.  Breathe.  

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

This thread got seriousily out of whack.

1. There is no new server.   And if there was a new server there would have to be 3.

2.  There are bots in the game, its not overruning with them but there are groups of them here and there.  People's sightings of them may vary.  But it's not Bigfoot people...

3.  Bots do hurt the economy.  They can't steal your nodes but they will farm theirs.  And they can teleport around and do it.   If you've paid attention to the Trading Post at all, as a trader, you can easily see the bots effect on the economy.  

4. Calm down.  Breathe.  

Thank you.  You're like Forum <Name Brand Anxiety Medication>.  lol  ;)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

It seems like the server is gone now, but there's 13 Full, rest High, 1 Medium...  1 pm CST.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Realy ? Bots in a mmo ? w...t...h....
    ive never seen one of those bots in a mmo....
    what is this phenomenon ?

Seriously any mmo has bots look at WoW battlegrounds you can count each game between 1 or 10 bots per side.
    Aion has Blots of bots
    any mmo has bots...

great thing in GW2 is you can double team with bots and make your kills easier if you farm stuff.
    I do it all the time so whats the real problem ?

Its not like they kill steal mobs and you cant loot lolz -_-

And MoP is out servers in GW2 are still FULL / High.
    Whats this obsession for GW2 ?

Game is rocking hardcore and nearing 3 million sales :)

Keep crying tough its hilarious to see these bashers and haters :D

Haha.  I remember Aion bots.  They were literally everywhere.  I've also seen several in GW2 the other night though.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Marcus-

bots... bots... bots.....

In Ultima Online, miners would set up there house next to hills and they would have bots mine all night, in "the safety of their own home ruining the economy!! Everyone has a bots, miners suk!"

In DAoC there were "buff bots", some were stationary, others "followed" you around, "ruining RvR", everyone has a bot!

In WoW, "80% of the people in my BG R botz!1!1!1".

GW2 "For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots"

(as a few examples)

Bots have been around since the beginning, any game worth its salt is more than likely, going to have them, welcome to massively multi-player online gaming. Its unfortuante, but there it is.

Heres hoping Anet can put even a small grip on them..

Yes.  But bots have always been more of an issue in games w/o a subscription fee.

Wrong... Bots have always been an issue in popular, successful games.

WoW, Aion, L1&2, EVE, and GW1 - all suffered from them and most likely still do.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

For 8 long years, people have been trying to prove that WoW is a dead and a bad game. Today, we can sadly see, how idiot humans are, having one and only '' cool thing '' to do in their short life-time. It is basically '' HATING ''.

PS. This is not limtied to gaming, it is about everything, and if you can use your head, dear reader, you will see that humans never change, and will always be like that, until some aliens come and blow up the world into pieces ( I believe more in '' Lord Voldemort Come-back '' theory though.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by eGumball

For 8 long years, people have been trying to prove that WoW is a dead and a bad game. Today, we can sadly see, how idiot humans are, having one and only '' cool thing '' to do in their short life-time. It is basically '' HATING ''.

PS. This is not limtied to gaming, it is about everything, and if you can use your head, dear reader, you will see that humans never change, and will always be like that, until some aliens come and blow up the world into pieces ( I believe more in '' Lord Voldemort Come-back '' theory though.

What is this... the beginning to a Transformer movie?

FOR EIGHT LONG YEARS HUMANITY HAS....

(Sorry, I'm hating.)

This discussion has been closed.