Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel: Windows 8 is buggy, ship it anyway.

CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-25/windows-8-bugs-plaguing-microsoft-intel-ceo-said-to-tell-staff.html

"Intel Corp. CEO Paul Otellini told employees in Taiwan that Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system is being released before it’s fully ready, a person who attended the company event said. "

"Releasing the operating system before it’s fully baked is the right move, and Microsoft can make improvements after it ships, Otellini told staffers. "

"Otellini’s remarks echo criticism from analysts such as Michael Cherry at Directions on Microsoft. While Windows is fundamentally sound, the operating system lacks a wide range of robust applications and PC makers haven’t had enough time to work out kinks with so-called drivers, which connect software to such hardware as printers, Cherry said. “We are concerned at the level of bugs and fine tuning that appears necessary to get the beta systems we demoed ready for prime time,” Alex Gauna, an analyst at JMP Securities LLC in San Francisco, wrote in a Sept. 13 note in response to versions of Windows 8 shown at Intel’s recent developer forum"

Comments

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79
    Yer read that ealier! Win 8 is going to turn into another Vista I susspect. I for one will be sticking with Win 7 and Mountain Lion.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I don't find this suprising at all.  They released Windows 7 before it was fully ready.  They released every Windows iteration before it was ready.  As some say, a Windows OS is only good after the first service pack.  I think its pretty consistent thus far.

Lets face it, what analyst are describing will become more difficult with every future iteration of windows.  Now that the OS supports x86, bulldozer, and ARM.  There is alot more for the developer to look out for in developing future drivers.  Microsoft is lucky they have such a huge team and keep adding to it as needed, but developers don't have such a luxury.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    This is unfortunately the mantra of a lot of software, ship it and we'll fix it later.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    they done that every single one nothing new
  • Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    I'm perfectly happy with Windows 7 till Windows 9 comes out, or whatever it'll be called.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Do you have to "upgrade" if you don't want to?  I mean, unless your PC crashes then you have no choice.

• tkacidtkacid Member Posts: 17
    We will have too see
  • SimonSaysBakSimonSaysBak Member CommonPosts: 15
    And i was just about to try it out lol