Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 adds another NA server

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

what's the area called in Fields of Ruin?

party invited  :p

found um, first bots I have seen in the game so far..  5 rangers just farming couple mobs

There is about 2 or 3 events that take place there, but one requires turning in the ebon vanguard helmets and I don't think they do that...   

Not really sure what they're farming there for really...

probably just gold farmers and they picked that area because its sort of secluded away and spawn rate seems pretty fast.. just a guess

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by grimal

Anyways, Yak's Bend last evening was absolutely infested in the Human starting area.  Tarnished Coast seems much better, but seeing bots in any game is very discouraging.  It may have seemed like an exxageration on my part, but it was really bad over at Yak's last night.

Edit: and, by the way, I report every one I see.  So I am doing my part.

I hear ya.  I wouldn't get discouraged though it does happen in every game.  I still remember instances on SWG even with botters/farmers.   Perhaps CoH though, maybe the only one I can't remember any, pretty sure they didn't exist there.   ;)

What is most discouraging is they still havn't fixed Keg Brawl.  And it feels like I'm the only one who whines about it or post anything on the official forums and it just sinks.   Pretty sure not a single Dev has played it since launch...

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Draron
    Originally posted by Xten
    Originally posted by bcbully

TSW added a server too >.>

Yah , in its second week after launch only because a dedicated RP server was requested which was the reason.

There was already a dedicated RP server (Aracadia). The game just had a large RP community and needed another, which was Leviathan. 

Which is where I call home.  I play Rift and TSW.  Both have promising futures.  As said earlier though, my money is on Trion for the future.  Having a lot of fun in TSW, mind, but when the Expansion drops for Rift.. Well.. I'll be there almost exclusively =)

Anyway, Grats on GW2 for the new server.  Judging by their CS sales, they are doing better than a normal P2P game.  ANet is freaking brilliant.  I don't care what anyone says.  Their brilliance is second only to perhaps the first thinkers behind WoW.  Another game I don't particuliarly like.  =)  But that's just personal taste.  The brilliance is there for all to see.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    probably just gold farmers and they picked that area because its sort of secluded away and spawn rate seems pretty fast.. just a guess

You know, there was this personal story mission where the Risen kept spawning even after I finished the mission.   Speaking of secluded, there was some NPC's to even sitting there helping out.  I went afk after the mission was over and my pets/npcs were just still going at it...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

SO much for the Doom Talk from the Xfire fringe.  Anet adds another NA server today "Caullie's Crossing" and we all know that a company adds servers to a dwindling population base right image

An entire month after launch?

yeah it ended up being about 4 weeks. It was announced about 2 weeks in. The only reason I brought it up, was because adding a server used to sound awesome 4 months ago ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    So it was a test server or something, that's no longer there?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • XtenXten Member Posts: 119

You are denying there are bots?  Granted, I've only seen that group of 3 this morning.  I think Tarnished Coast has less of them.

But sticking your head in the ground, calling anyone a "troll" who points out problems with your game, thus ignoring the problems, is a horrible way to go about.

big difference between saying bots are around and saying game is overrun by bots and that is what the majority of the population is.. or saying every other person you see is a bot

Thank you, that was exactly my point.

This guy is full of spin. In my post prior to that one i already mentioned that there are bots in every popular and eve less popular mmo's and after his claim of 1 player in 3 bots all he could come up with was 2 pictures of the same 6 bots. Now he tries to pretend that me and probably others are denying bots altogether.

Spin.

[mod edit]

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Xten
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Realy ? Bots in a mmo ? w...t...h....
    ive never seen one of those bots in a mmo....
    what is this phenomenon ?

Seriously any mmo has bots look at WoW battlegrounds you can count each game between 1 or 10 bots per side.
    Aion has Blots of bots
    any mmo has bots...

great thing in GW2 is you can double team with bots and make your kills easier if you farm stuff.
    I do it all the time so whats the real problem ?

Its not like they kill steal mobs and you cant loot lolz -_-

And MoP is out servers in GW2 are still FULL / High.
    Whats this obsession for GW2 ?

Game is rocking hardcore and nearing 3 million sales :)

Keep crying tough its hilarious to see these bashers and haters :D

Aparently according to him 2 pictures of the same 6 bots is proof that the servers are overun with bots and that there is no real population.

A ridiculous stretch of the imagination but hey.

Regurgitating what someone else said. Let me make it easy for y'all to count: how many bears do you spot? That's right, it's not six.

Don't also forget GW2 has this weird feature implemented. A performance optimization they did on the servers (forum post about it). You can spot this best in Lion's Arch, walk around the Trade Post and see how many characters within 10 meters or so pop in and out of your view.

Keep on white knighting. I'm just wasting my time here. 

And I'm the "hater", pshaw. 

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Just make a conscious effort to report all of them when you see them. Thats all you can do complaining everywhere won't stop it unfortunately. And especially on places the actual company doesn't even watch. It's like yelling at a crowd about microsoft in the middle of Africa. What is the crowd really gonna do say (yea)? Same effect here we can't do anything. Best you cando is hit the GW2 forums and emails. Or show up at the PR events and bash home the hard questions.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Is this due to the increasing population of bots?

There are so many bots in the beginning human area on Yak's Bend.  It's really discouraging when most people I ran into were exactly that, teleporting about with names like "xytsnsh.d."  I've been playing this game since launch and it's become quite disheartening.

For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots.  So not sure what this server is for other than them.

i'd say you are greatly exaggerating here. Got some video of this? again not saying bots aren't around but I still have yet to see one upto level 50 accross all my characters and haven't heard any of my friends talking about them or anyone in map chat talking about them.

Starter human area of Yak's Bend server.  Do you really need me to link a video? 

i'd love to see a video of you running around ANY zone and showing me the overwhelming population of people are botting.. because that is basically what you are claiming

I said the human starting area of Yak's Bend.

and still i'm not saying there are no bots around but highly doubt you could show a majority of the people in the zone botting.. if you can i'd hope you got some footage and posted this over at the official forums. Also where in the human starting area.. just made a new character on Rall that's human want ot see if I can find any

If we deny the problem, it wont be fixed guys. GW2 is having an huge problem with an overpopulation of bots, Servers full 24/7 is not something good, we have long queues in the WvWvW zone because that battlefield is also, full of bots, and im not trolling this is a real issue. But this is a B2P game, and Bots, farmers and hackers also buy copies of the game everyday, Anet and Ncsoft really want to fix the problem?, seriously, for some reason all the NCsoft games have problems with bots.  i gonna give you an example, im in-game right now, my server is Full but in the myst i just found 5 players running around. 

thats 100% true and the main reason many of my friends didnt want to buy the game. they were right. just check the history of the games of ncsoft and you ll see bots was always a major issue

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by grimal Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by grimal Is this due to the increasing population of bots? There are so many bots in the beginning human area on Yak's Bend.  It's really discouraging when most people I ran into were exactly that, teleporting about with names like "xytsnsh.d."  I've been playing this game since launch and it's become quite disheartening. For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots.  So not sure what this server is for other than them.
    i'd say you are greatly exaggerating here. Got some video of this? again not saying bots aren't around but I still have yet to see one upto level 50 accross all my characters and haven't heard any of my friends talking about them or anyone in map chat talking about them.
    Starter human area of Yak's Bend server.  Do you really need me to link a video? 
    i'd love to see a video of you running around ANY zone and showing me the overwhelming population of people are botting.. because that is basically what you are claiming

I'm on Yak's Bend too, it's more than just Queensdale, I see them in Ascelon, Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, Bloodtide Coasts, on and on and on. When we went to fight the dragon at Splintered Coast there were massive groups of ranger clones right at the waypoint spawn.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

You are denying there are bots?  Granted, I've only seen that group of 3 this morning.  I think Tarnished Coast has less of them.

But sticking your head in the ground, calling anyone a "troll" who points out problems with your game, thus ignoring the problems, is a horrible way to go about.

big difference between saying bots are around and saying game is overrun by bots and that is what the majority of the population is.. or saying every other person you see is a bot

Let me repeat myself again so I can be abundantly clear.

Last night, Yak's Bend Human starting area there was an average of 3-5 bots per person.  Meaning for every one player I saw that looked legit (who knows, might have been a bot too), there was a group of 3-5 bots.

After seeing this repeatedly, I noticed in map chat people saying stuff like:

"Anyone else here but bots?"

A few people (myself included) said not me.

After experiencing about an hour or so, I changed servers because I was rather disgusted.

So, waking up this morning, reading this post, that was my knee-jerk reaction.

Take it at what you will.

After playing some on Tarnished Coast this morning, it seems the bots are less.

--Done--

Edit: Have you guys become so defensive that I need to preface every comment/thought/perception with "In my opinion"?

In my opinion, there were a lot of bots on Yak's Bend last night.

In my opinion, there seemed to be more bots than players on the area I was at.

In my opinion, it seems like they might be opening a server for the bots.

It's my opinion, I am not trying to spread misinformation here.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

SO much for the Doom Talk from the Xfire fringe.  Anet adds another NA server today "Caullie's Crossing" and we all know that a company adds servers to a dwindling population base right image

Grats to them, I will recheck TSW next summer when they have alot of content under their belt (well content for all types of players and not just the kind devoted to the upper 10% of the playerbase i.e. gear grinding)  Hopefully by then there should be a ton of new quests and alternate slot 8 weapons to aquire. (and hopefully some new skills)

what are you talking about, they just released new missions in Issue #3, Halloween event starting next week, Issue #4 around the corner. They add more stuff to do than I have time to finish. No one forces you to gear grind. Do the monthly missions and events if you don´t want gear from the elite dungeons and lairs

All that content will be completed within a few weeks which is why I said I will give them 6+ months of content updates before I go back and try it.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

bots... bots... bots.....

In Ultima Online, miners would set up there house next to hills and they would have bots mine all night, in "the safety of their own home ruining the economy!! Everyone has a bots, miners suk!"

In DAoC there were "buff bots", some were stationary, others "followed" you around, "ruining RvR", everyone has a bot!

In WoW, "80% of the people in my BG R botz!1!1!1".

GW2 "For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots"

(as a few examples)

Bots have been around since the beginning, any game worth its salt is more than likely, going to have them, welcome to massively multi-player online gaming. Its unfortuante, but there it is.

Heres hoping Anet can put even a small grip on them..

Originally posted by TeknoBug

Originally posted by grimal Is this due to the increasing population of bots? There are so many bots in the beginning human area on Yak's Bend.  It's really discouraging when most people I ran into were exactly that, teleporting about with names like "xytsnsh.d."  I've been playing this game since launch and it's become quite disheartening. For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots.  So not sure what this server is for other than them.
    I'm on Yak's Bend too, it's more than just Queensdale, I see them in Ascelon, Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, Bloodtide Coasts, on and on and on. When we went to fight the dragon at Splintered Coast there were massive groups of ranger clones right at the waypoint spawn.

Thank you.

Watch out, you might be accused of having an agenda too. :P

Originally posted by Marcus-

In Ultima Online, miners would set up there house next to hills and they would have bots mine all night, in "the safety of their own home ruining the economy!! Everyone has a bots, miners suk!"

In DAoC there were "buff bots", some were stationary, others "followed" you around, "ruining RvR", everyone has a bot!

(as a few examples)

Bots have been around since the beginning, any game worth its salt is more than likely, going to have them, welcome to massively multi-player online gaming. Its unfortuante, but there it is.

Yes.  But bots have always been more of an issue in games w/o a subscription fee.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Last night, Yak's Bend Human starting area there was an average of 3-5 bots per person.  Meaning for every one player I saw that looked legit (who knows, might have been a bot too), there was a group of 3-5 bots.

After experiencing about an hour or so, I changed servers because I was rather disgusted.

--Done--

Edit: Have you guys become so defensive that I need to preface every comment/thought/perception with "In my opinion"?

So where are the screen shots? If its sooo easy to find and happens so often, you should be able to post tons of pics to back up your claim, right?

Oh and in all the times I have played I have seen 3 or 4 bots at most.

Originally posted by Ryowulf

--Done--

So where are the screen shots? If its sooo easy to find and happens so often, you should be able to post tons of pics to back up your claim, right?

Did you even bother reading what I said?? I said last night.  I wasn't taking any SS last night because honestly, I didn't have the forsight to realize I would need to prove what I saw.  Second, I moved servers.  I posted a SS of 3 I saw on my new server already and I said there appears to be much less on TS.

I don't really feel like transferring back to Yak's Bend b/c I will have to wait an additional 24 hours to transfer back to the land of the living.

Bottom line: if you don't believe me I don't care.  This is a dicussion not a trial.

Double Post...not sure why this happened.
    Originally posted by just1opinion

[mod edit]

It's more like if you post anything on the GW2 forums.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

--Done--

Did you even bother reading what I said?? I said last night.  I wasn't taking any SS last night because honestly, I didn't have the forsight to realize I would need to prove what I saw.  Second, I moved servers.  I posted a SS of 3 I saw on my new server already and I said there appears to be much less on TS.

I don't really feel like transferring back to Yak's Bend b/c I will have to wait an additional 24 hours to transfer back to the land of the living.

Bottom line: if you don't believe me I don't care.  This is a dicussion not a trial.

my comment wasn't directed at you more the constant botting epidemic posts i see here.. but if anyone still on yak's can get some video of mass spread botting id love to see it.. first bots I saw was today which another poster had to take me to the area.. maybe most botters have made home on yak's? i dunno

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Bots are annoying but they are hardly a epidemic. Problem is when you see them its a gang of them which is why people are over doing it on what they report.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    So, have we figured out where the mystery server came from or why it doesn't seem to show up now?  As has been said several times adding 1 server doesn't make any sense, how would it be matched for W v W?  There would always be 1 server not matched with anyone.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Don't see what the big fuss is about with bots.  Not like they are stealing resource nodes or kills.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Marcus-

(as a few examples)

Yes.  But bots have always been more of an issue in games w/o a subscription fee.

Doubtful and where's your proof?  In Asia there is no sub based subscriptions of WoW which I'm pretty sure that is all MMOs then.  GW2 you need an account and are typically hacked accounts according to some that are botting.  It doesn't matter if it was a sub based game or non-sub as they are using someone elses account.  Granted non-sub games might go longer without the owner detecting the theft if they are on an extended break.

This discussion has been closed.