Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 adds another NA server

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Good idea.  I will take some screenies too and post them for those that are so admanent we are making this up.

Just post it in that one thread on the official forums. Anything to get the devs on it a.s.a.p.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Is this due to the increasing population of bots?

There are so many bots in the beginning human area on Yak's Bend.  It's really discouraging when most people I ran into were exactly that, teleporting about with names like "xytsnsh.d."  I've been playing this game since launch and it's become quite disheartening.

For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots.  So not sure what this server is for other than them.

i'd say you are greatly exaggerating here. Got some video of this? again not saying bots aren't around but I still have yet to see one upto level 50 accross all my characters and haven't heard any of my friends talking about them or anyone in map chat talking about them.

Starter human area of Yak's Bend server.  Do you really need me to link a video? 

i'd love to see a video of you running around ANY zone and showing me the overwhelming population of people are botting.. because that is basically what you are claiming

I said the human starting area of Yak's Bend.

and still i'm not saying there are no bots around but highly doubt you could show a majority of the people in the zone botting.. if you can i'd hope you got some footage and posted this over at the official forums. Also where in the human starting area.. just made a new character on Rall that's human want ot see if I can find any

Yak's Bend server last night.  They usually were in 2 or 3s.  Can't miss them.  Have funny names and are teleporting around.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Yak's Bend server last night.  They usually were in 2 or 3s.  Can't miss them.  Have funny names and are teleporting around.

again not saying you are lying but i'd hope if you are seeing a mass of bots all over the zone you are doing more than just /report.. i'd be getting video and posting it to show on official forums.. I'm in queensdale now on Rall yet ot run into a bot this is third time doing this zone since launch

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Xten

There are so many bots in the beginning human area on Yak's Bend.  It's really discouraging when most people I ran into were exactly that, teleporting about with names like "xytsnsh.d."  I've been playing this game since launch and it's become quite disheartening.

For every 1 real player I ran into last night, I encountered 3-5 bots.  So not sure what this server is for other than them.

^ Load o crock.

Next to that i visited all those places where people claimed that there were 20 bots 24/7 teleporting and with names like that etc  , i did not find a thing myself. I did see people doing the even but nothing out of the ordinary since when they finished it they moved on , they also had regular names and didnt teleport. I mentioned this on the gw2 forums and aparently i was there on the wrong time. I dunno how i could be there on the wrong time tho considering "24/7" and all.

But lets asume there are 20 bots on these popular bot events. that makes about 2 groups per map for these tops no lets make them 3 per map then, how would those possibly be reposponsible for giving the servers their "high" or "full" status anyway,

they couldn't.

This was just a few minutes ago, Gendarran Fields on Piken Square. The whole zone is sprinkled with them. Running around I had reported several and then that train hit me...

And I posted in https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/On-Botting-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-It

i dont think there is left much to say. man this really SUCKS!

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

i'd say you are greatly exaggerating here. Got some video of this? again not saying bots aren't around but I still have yet to see one upto level 50 accross all my characters and haven't heard any of my friends talking about them or anyone in map chat talking about them.

Starter human area of Yak's Bend server.  Do you really need me to link a video? 

i'd love to see a video of you running around ANY zone and showing me the overwhelming population of people are botting.. because that is basically what you are claiming

I said the human starting area of Yak's Bend.

and still i'm not saying there are no bots around but highly doubt you could show a majority of the people in the zone botting.. if you can i'd hope you got some footage and posted this over at the official forums. Also where in the human starting area.. just made a new character on Rall that's human want ot see if I can find any

If we deny the problem, it wont be fixed guys. GW2 is having an huge problem with an overpopulation of bots, Servers full 24/7 is not something good, we have long queues in the WvWvW zone because that battlefield is also, full of bots, and im not trolling this is a real issue. But this is a B2P game, and Bots, farmers and hackers also buy copies of the game everyday, Anet and Ncsoft really want to fix the problem?, seriously, for some reason all the NCsoft games have problems with bots.  i gonna give you an example, im in-game right now, my server is Full but in the myst i just found 5 players running around. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Never seen a single bot in the WvWvW areas. They would be stupid to go there anyway, they would only get killed by the enemy.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

again not saying you are lying but i'd hope if you are seeing a mass of bots all over the zone you are doing more than just /report.. i'd be getting video and posting it to show on official forums.. I'm in queensdale now on Rall yet ot run into a bot this is third time doing this zone since launch

I'm also on Rall and I've been helping my friend level, he's level 32 or so now, and just last night we were in the Fields of Ruin (I believe) where the skritt cave is there was a whole ton of Rangers with bears all spread out in little groups.    And that's where I logged for the night,...just checked right now, they're still all there.   Teleporting around and having a good old merry time.  

I've also seen a ton in all the Orr zones.  I've seen plenty scattered around in the low level zones, nowhere near the amount of players, but lately when I am messing around in the lower zones it does seem like there are a lot just because I'm more likley to see (or maybe just remember) a "group of bots" than I am a "group of players" somewhere.  

Just took this a moment ago on Tarnished Coast.  3 bots (overlapping each other).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119

^ Load o crock.

Next to that i visited all those places where people claimed that there were 20 bots 24/7 teleporting and with names like that etc  , i did not find a thing myself. I did see people doing the even but nothing out of the ordinary since when they finished it they moved on , they also had regular names and didnt teleport. I mentioned this on the gw2 forums and aparently i was there on the wrong time. I dunno how i could be there on the wrong time tho considering "24/7" and all.

But lets asume there are 20 bots on these popular bot events. that makes about 2 groups per map for these tops no lets make them 3 per map then, how would those possibly be reposponsible for giving the servers their "high" or "full" status anyway,

they couldn't.

This was just a few minutes ago, Gendarran Fields on Piken Square. The whole zone is sprinkled with them. Running around I had reported several and then that train hit me...

And I posted in https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/On-Botting-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-It

6 bots. What happened to 1 in 3 for every human player or groups of 20 spread out all over the game and responsible for the high population?  Talking like that is as bad as the people denying that there are no bots at all and this ia the best you can come up with after your claim of 1 in 3 is human and the rest bots, six ...really ?.

Seriously , i can take a pic of 6 bots in any popular mmo right now so what was all the drama about then?.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0 

I've also seen a ton in all the Orr zones. 

I saw a few in Orr areas just after release, but didn't see a single one lately. As I said in a previous post, bots don't get very old, they barely get past level 30-40ish.

I'm strictly anti-bot, and I'm reporting them all when I see them, and yeah, the game as a problem with them (just like most if not all MMORPGs which have some success), but we must not exagerate either.

Seriously , i can take a pic of 6 bots in any mmo right now so what was all the drama about then?.

Just look the post histories, man... some people are simply more busy bashing games, often with imaginary over-exagerated problems, instead of playing a game they would enjoy.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Realy ? Bots in a mmo ? w...t...h....
    ive never seen one of those bots in a mmo....
    what is this phenomenon ?

Seriously any mmo has bots look at WoW battlegrounds you can count each game between 1 or 10 bots per side.
    Aion has Blots of bots
    any mmo has bots...

great thing in GW2 is you can double team with bots and make your kills easier if you farm stuff.
    I do it all the time so whats the real problem ?

Its not like they kill steal mobs and you cant loot lolz -_-

And MoP is out servers in GW2 are still FULL / High.
    Whats this obsession for GW2 ?

Game is rocking hardcore and nearing 3 million sales :)

Keep crying tough its hilarious to see these bashers and haters :D

I'm also on Rall and I've been helping my friend level, he's level 32 or so now, and just last night we were in the Fields of Ruin (I believe) where the skritt cave is there was a whole ton of Rangers with bears all spread out in little groups.    And that's where I logged for the night,...just checked right now, they're still all there.   Teleporting around and having a good old merry time.  

I've also seen a ton in all the Orr zones.  I've seen plenty scattered around in the low level zones, nowhere near the amount of players, but lately when I am messing around in the lower zones it does seem like there are a lot just because I'm more likley to see (or maybe just remember) a "group of bots" than I am a "group of players" somewhere.  

heading over there now to see if I can find them

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Mothanos

Realy ? Bots in a mmo ? w...t...h....
    ive never seen one of those bots in a mmo....
    what is this phenomenon ?

Seriously any mmo has bots look at WoW battlegrounds you can count each game between 1 or 10 bots per side.
    Aion has Blots of bots
    any mmo has bots...

great thing in GW2 is you can double team with bots and make your kills easier if you farm stuff.
    I do it all the time so whats the real problem ?

Its not like they kill steal mobs and you cant loot lolz -_-

And MoP is out servers in GW2 are still FULL / High.
    Whats this obsession for GW2 ?

Game is rocking hardcore and nearing 3 million sales :)

Keep crying tough its hilarious to see these bashers and haters :D

Aparently according to him 2 pictures of the same 6 bots is proof that the servers are overun with bots and that there is no real population.

A ridiculous stretch of the imagination but hey.

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I saw a few in Orr areas just after release, but didn't see a single one lately. As I said in a previous post, bots don't get very old, they barely get past level 30-40ish.

I'm strictly anti-bot, and I'm reporting them all when I see them, and yeah, the game as a problem with them (just like most if not all MMORPGs which have some success), but we must not exagerate either.

I definately agree, with all of that.  As I said I think it's just people remembering seeing that group of bots more than anything else.  First time I did the Tequatl (spelling...) there was a huge group of bots back by the little building where risen krait I believe would keep popping up for that event.   So much teleporting going on around me I thought it was lag at first and everyone was rubberbanding.   

But, yeah, as I said nowhere near the amount of bots as can be led to believe.   But when you stumble across groups of them in a zone when you haven't came across many groups of players in a while it can seem like they're out of control.   

K, I'm standing inside of there.  Legendary Threat.    Don't report me to!   I'm the one without the bear.  ;)

K, I'm standing inside of there.  Legendary Threat.    Don't report me to!   I'm the one without the bear.  ;)

what's the area called in Fields of Ruin?

party invited  :p

Seriously , i can take a pic of 6 bots in any mmo right now so what was all the drama about then?.

Just look the (grimal)  post histories, man... some people are simply more busy bashing games, often with imaginary over-exagerated problems, instead of playing a game they would enjoy.

I just did have a look at his post history for 4 pages then i stopped. All of them spend in the GW2 section telling everyone how bad gw2 is. Why even go to a gw2 forum then unless..

Just look the (grimal)  post histories, man... some people are simply more busy bashing games, often with imaginary over-exagerated problems, instead of playing a game they would enjoy.

I just did have a look at his post history for 4 pages then i stopped. All of them spend in the GW2 section telling everyone how bad gw2 is. Why even go to a gw2 forum then unless..

You are denying there are bots?  Granted, I've only seen that group of 3 this morning.  I think Tarnished Coast has less of them.

But sticking your head in the ground, calling anyone a "troll" who points out problems with your game, thus ignoring the problems, is a horrible way to go about.

found um, first bots I have seen in the game so far..  5 rangers just farming couple mobs

You are denying there are bots?  Granted, I've only seen that group of 3 this morning.  I think Tarnished Coast has less of them.

But sticking your head in the ground, calling anyone a "troll" who points out problems with your game, thus ignoring the problems, is a horrible way to go about.

big difference between saying bots are around and saying game is overrun by bots and that is what the majority of the population is.. or saying every other person you see is a bot

I'm not one of those people...  I'm also on the game right now.  There are bots, groups of them, that will be in spots for days on end, I have seen that.  It is nowhere near the size that it is made out to be though.   But I've seen a decent amount of "bot groups" since I've been playing at a fair share of events.   To be fair to, I've just recently switched over to Rall with friends and have not seen as many.   But as I posted above, and showed Aerowyn there was a group in the skritt caves last night and still there this morning.  

But, report and carry on.   

found um, first bots I have seen in the game so far..  5 rangers just farming couple mobs

There is about 2 or 3 events that take place there, but one requires turning in the ebon vanguard helmets and I don't think they do that...   

Not really sure what they're farming there for really...

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by babac
    Originally posted by Mannish
    They added another server to a game that did not need one. Niceimage

Look at this one, haha, the trolls and haters are getting really desperate. 

The only desperate one is OP since  there is no new server. As many have already said Anet won't add just one server due to W v W without adding two more servers. 

Op trolled us all. Good job!

I'm not one of those people...  I'm also on the game right now.  There are bots, groups of them, that will be in spots for days on end, I have seen that.  It is nowhere near the size that it is made out to be though.   But I've seen a decent amount of "bot groups" since I've been playing at a fair share of events.   To be fair to, I've just recently switched over to Rall with friends and have not seen as many.   But as I posted above, and showed Aerowyn there was a group in the skritt caves last night and still there this morning.  

But, report and carry on.   

Someone above was accusing me of an agenda.  Not sure who it was.

Anyways, Yak's Bend last evening was absolutely infested in the Human starting area.  Tarnished Coast seems much better, but seeing bots in any game is very discouraging.  It may have seemed like an exxageration on my part, but it was really bad over at Yak's last night.

Edit: and, by the way, I report every one I see.  So I am doing my part.

This discussion has been closed.