Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Ask Me Anything] I've bought in-game currency before, and I still have a soul. Go figure...

13

Comments

  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    Does this sound like anyone you know?

    I see more than a few of them in this thread. image

    Profile of the Sociopath

    • Glibness and Superficial Charm
       
    • Manipulative and Conning
      They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
      They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

       
    • Grandiose Sense of Self
      Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

       
    • Pathological Lying
      Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

       
    • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
      A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

       
    • Shallow Emotions
      When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

       
    • Incapacity for Love
       
    • Need for Stimulation
      Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

       
    • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
      Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

       
    • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
      Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

       
    • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
      Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

       
    • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
      Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

       
    • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
      Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

       
    • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
      Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

       
    • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
      Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

    Other Related Qualities:

    1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
    2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
    3. Authoritarian
    4. Secretive
    5. Paranoid
    6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
    7. Conventional appearance
    8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
    9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
    10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
    11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
    12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
    13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
    14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
    15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world


    (The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

    Read more here:

    http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

    Actually fits a certain poster in this thread to a T i'd say lol. Nice post!

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,538Member Uncommon

    This is prime time entertainment right here.

     

    Now the prime reason why you should not buy gold is that most of the gold in circulation come from stripmining accounts. It is good that Magnus found a company his extensive research have shown to be a pure botting/gridning company. That way at least it only hurts the crafters in game and not the account it self.

     

    The faulty premiss comes from his assumption that most max level players grind gold all day long. A few does, and a good bunch grind from time to time to be able to obtain a item or another but the fact is that just like in the real world the top layer is very small but their effects can be huge. Now i do not care if Magnus spend real money on gold.. that is his right to do(as long as the gold-sellers pay taxes and keep their books in order it is not ILLEGAL to do so, just against the ToS and EULA). Just like the companies behind the games he plays have the right to ban him for pretty much anything... Including buying gold. This is mostly because i am part of a good guild in the games that i play and thus have access to a internal economy and support should i need it. But I personally would never buy gold in games where the parent company is not the ones offering the service as i feel it is not worth the risk. 

     

    On the other hand i would not care one iota if for an example Blizzard would erase Maguns account/s from the face of their servers either. That is the risk he runs (together with the risk of the gold-sellers misshandling his information. But that is a risk we all take when we shop on-line.

  • CuathonCuathon University City, NYPosts: 2,211Member

    To be fair, unregulated capitalism like what is possible on the auction houses of video games is quite damaging to games. I'm pretty sure a couple college econ grads could totally destroy the WoW in game economy.

     

    But imo that was just his convenient excuse to post all this drivel.

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    Does this sound like anyone you know?

    I see more than a few of them in this thread. image

    Profile of the Sociopath

    • Glibness and Superficial Charm
       
    • Manipulative and Conning
      They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
      They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

       
    • Grandiose Sense of Self
      Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

       
    • Pathological Lying
      Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

       
    • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
      A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

       
    • Shallow Emotions
      When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

       
    • Incapacity for Love
       
    • Need for Stimulation
      Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

       
    • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
      Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

       
    • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
      Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

       
    • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
      Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

       
    • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
      Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

       
    • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
      Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

       
    • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
      Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

       
    • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
      Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

    Other Related Qualities:

    1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
    2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
    3. Authoritarian
    4. Secretive
    5. Paranoid
    6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
    7. Conventional appearance
    8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
    9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
    10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
    11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
    12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
    13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
    14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
    15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world


    (The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

    Read more here:

    http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

    I hope you are referring to me, and not the rest of this drivel in the thread.

    If so, I am actually quite flattered :)

     

    There is a lot of research blurring the fine line between psychopath and genius...perhaps dealing with how the brain works and reasons?

     

    This is not something I have not considered myself. Working heavily in the field of Psychology and coming from a very large family of M.S.'s or M.A.'s in the field, this is not new information for me. I have been through the checklist many times before.

    Unfortunately, while I may appear to meet a few checks on the list, it is actually just confusion between that blurry line of intelligence. I actually thought it would be interesting (and possibly awesome) to be a clinical Sociopath. Much to my disinterest, I not only do not meet the criteria, the few matches I have are only superficial.

    It would explain my success in my career field, and why I am so good at it. I severely doubt a Sociopath would have the capacity for success in such a social field. While at first I jump at excitement, "Oooo! Perhaps I am one! How interesting!" my anticipation plummeted once I read of it being "almost impossible to be truthful on a consistent basis." While I am prone to exageration of story or twisting of truths in argument, it is absolutely not the same as being unskilled at truthiness ;)

    The highlighted yellow parts about lack of remorse, shame, guilt, and the final sentence is quite true. Unfortunately, that's also what is true of leaders or "alphas" who let nothing stand in their way of success and dominate their surroundings, sometimes with a bit of aggression or even force.

    Then my memory returns to me as I skimmed the rest of the list, already disappointed that I knew I am not a Sociopath. (So sad, right? If only...) Shallow emotions? Hardly, I have quite a large array of emotions, even if not very strong or visible. An absolutely incredible capacity for love that is truly unconditional (I can't see how anyone in social work or even the social field can live without unconditional love bustling out from inside them). Finally like the final stake in the heart of Dracula, that need for stimulation really kills it.

     

     

    Ah...but what is even more fascinating is the fact that profile is quite old...and the writers of it could be on to something, but distinctly inaccurate. If only there weren't real sociopaths who prove horrendously that I'm quite the opposite of one :(

    Still interesting though is that blurry link between logical brain processing and a hard understanding of social or emotional aspects. Well, this interests me. Unfortunately, all those around me are consistently stating that I am an incredibly caring and loving person (thus emotional) and incredibly thoughtful and considerate of others. I don't see it, I don't believe so sometimes, but I don't think this would be said of a Sociopath. They don't receive social glamour or endless streams of compliments that might possibly explode their ego to appear to be grandiose.

     

    Perhaps I'm not a Sociopath, and instead I'm just a smat guy bored of the lack of challenge or intellectual stimulation, frustrated at a world that is incapable of intellectual thought (and those who ARE capable, uninterested in topics of interest or are boring due to the fact they come to the exact same conclusions which provide no real conversation outside of "Yea, that is so true, LOL!.....okay then.")

     

    Props to you though, and I am blushing with such a compliment :)

  • bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk manchesterPosts: 112Member Uncommon

    Burn the witch!

     

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by tawess

    This is prime time entertainment right here.

     

    Now the prime reason why you should not buy gold is that most of the gold in circulation come from stripmining accounts. It is good that Magnus found a company his extensive research have shown to be a pure botting/gridning company. That way at least it only hurts the crafters in game and not the account it self.

     

    The faulty premiss comes from his assumption that most max level players grind gold all day long. A few does, and a good bunch grind from time to time to be able to obtain a item or another but the fact is that just like in the real world the top layer is very small but their effects can be huge. Now i do not care if Magnus spend real money on gold.. that is his right to do(as long as the gold-sellers pay taxes and keep their books in order it is not ILLEGAL to do so, just against the ToS and EULA). Just like the companies behind the games he plays have the right to ban him for pretty much anything... Including buying gold. This is mostly because i am part of a good guild in the games that i play and thus have access to a internal economy and support should i need it. But I personally would never buy gold in games where the parent company is not the ones offering the service as i feel it is not worth the risk. 

     

    On the other hand i would not care one iota if for an example Blizzard would erase Maguns account/s from the face of their servers either. That is the risk he runs (together with the risk of the gold-sellers misshandling his information. But that is a risk we all take when we shop on-line.

    Is it really prime time entertainment?

    If I actually entertained you, and it's not sarcasm, I am quite blissful right now :)

     

    Also, thank you for the intelligent response. It's nice to see the flood of mature, intelligent adults after the swarm of unruly, irrational children spamming hatred without rationale.

    Disagree all you want, I see no reason why your response is not mature, accurate, and intelligent. Perhaps even correct.

     

    Mainly though....thanks for not being a teen or a 20-something...or one of these apparently 41-year-old kids stuck at Level 2. (Dont they know? the expansion now allows you up to level 95!)

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by bigcheeseuk

    Burn the witch!

     

    Hssssssssssss!!!!!!

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,538Member Uncommon

    Or perhaps you are a sociopath... We will never know but i hope for your friends and relatives sake that you are right.

     

    And yes i was being honest, this is a subject that always brings out the worsgt in people, Much like politics.

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by Cuathon

    To be fair, unregulated capitalism like what is possible on the auction houses of video games is quite damaging to games. I'm pretty sure a couple college econ grads could totally destroy the WoW in game economy.

     

    But imo that was just his convenient excuse to post all this drivel.

    Hilarious that in the end, you actually agreed with me. After all you said, and how you acted.

     

    Classic Win ;)

  • CuathonCuathon University City, NYPosts: 2,211Member
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by Cuathon

    To be fair, unregulated capitalism like what is possible on the auction houses of video games is quite damaging to games. I'm pretty sure a couple college econ grads could totally destroy the WoW in game economy.

     

    But imo that was just his convenient excuse to post all this drivel.

    Hilarious that in the end, you actually agreed with me. After all you said, and how you acted.

     

    Classic Win ;)

    I never disagreed with you. I'm not sure where you got that impression, perhaps you aren't as smart as you imagine.

  • HedeonHedeon GraestedPosts: 954Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tawess

    This is prime time entertainment right here.

     

    Now the prime reason why you should not buy gold is that most of the gold in circulation come from stripmining accounts. It is good that Magnus found a company his extensive research have shown to be a pure botting/gridning company. That way at least it only hurts the crafters in game and not the account it self.

     

    The faulty premiss comes from his assumption that most max level players grind gold all day long. A few does, and a good bunch grind from time to time to be able to obtain a item or another but the fact is that just like in the real world the top layer is very small but their effects can be huge. Now i do not care if Magnus spend real money on gold.. that is his right to do(as long as the gold-sellers pay taxes and keep their books in order it is not ILLEGAL to do so, just against the ToS and EULA). Just like the companies behind the games he plays have the right to ban him for pretty much anything... Including buying gold. This is mostly because i am part of a good guild in the games that i play and thus have access to a internal economy and support should i need it. But I personally would never buy gold in games where the parent company is not the ones offering the service as i feel it is not worth the risk. 

     

    On the other hand i would not care one iota if for an example Blizzard would erase Maguns account/s from the face of their servers either. That is the risk he runs (together with the risk of the gold-sellers misshandling his information. But that is a risk we all take when we shop on-line.

    talking about blizzard and gold selling, wouldnt this be a support to their RL$  auction house, since they atleast claim to review the sales, before letting them pass through. cant say if they actually do review them, but atleast have read afew people complaining about their sales not going through : P

    personally would never support sales of virtual goods, if you have to buy gold or items to have fun in a game, maybe there would be a design flaw, or maybe you just doesnt find the kind of game fun at all to begin with - like the OP claim, he can only have fun in "balanced fights", which MMOs wont ever give to begin with.

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by tawess

    Or perhaps you are a sociopath... We will never know but i hope for your friends and relatives sake that you are right.

     

    And yes i was being honest, this is a subject that always brings out the worsgt in people, Much like politics.

    Would a sociopath be told endless good things in private by pretty much everyone he ever meets, even after very little time?

    Serious question, not bragging.

     

    I read about how Sociopaths are suppose to appear friendly and like they are great people, but don't they KNOW they are pretending? Wouldn't I know I am one because I'd know my social love isn't real? But it is...or if I am one...I believe it is...along with the rest of the world. *dexter music plays*

    I assumed my relation to the DEXTER character was what every other normal human who enjoys the program also feels.

     

    Also, to be honest even if I were a Sociopath, I'd never hurt anyone. Well...except anyone who ever crossed me bad enough, harmed my loved ones, tried to do wrong to me physically (robbery, attempting to kill or harm me), or perhaps some of the kids I meet on League of Legends. (jk on that last one, but the most vile of humanity I've ever encountered is always the LoL community. Hands down...)

  • AvatarBladeAvatarBlade BucurestiPosts: 770Member Uncommon
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by tawess

    Or perhaps you are a sociopath... We will never know but i hope for your friends and relatives sake that you are right.

     

    And yes i was being honest, this is a subject that always brings out the worsgt in people, Much like politics.

    Would a sociopath be told endless good things in private by pretty much everyone he ever meets, even after very little time?

    Serious question, not bragging.

     

    Extreme narcissism and grandiose

    It sure seems it's something a sociopath would say and try to convience others of so I don't know, you tell me? lol...

     

    Sorry had to pop back in to see your responses to Kyleran's post because I thought it might be amusing. And sure enough they all were lol. I believe a nerve may have been struck with this flood of garbage that came after that seem to plead and beg for approval.

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.

    What evidence do you have to submit to us that I am narcissistic?

    Would love to hear it. Seriously.

     

    Always wished I was. Unfortunately, I'm not even close. Actually quite the opposite... as I care very little as to what people think of me, how much power I have, or how I appear to come off when I type.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

     

    If I was Narcissistic, I'm pretty sure I'd care a @#$@-ton about what you and everyone else thinks. Unfortunately, i am blunt and honest, void of social grace, solely because I care so little.

    I'm stating factual information when I appear to boast. To me, it's not boasting, it's telling the truth. Just because you think I'm bragging doesn't mean I am. Assumptions, especially online without tone or knowing the person, are always moronic.

     

    Well...unless you assume the other person is retarded, and you're me. Then you're most likely right. Of course, I'm prone to being wrong...all...the...freaking...tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! (Yes, I sung that last part like a Rock Song).

  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.

    What evidence do you have to submit to us that I am narcissistic?

    Would love to hear it. Seriously.

     

    Always wished I was. Unfortunately, I'm not even close. Actually quite the opposite... as I care very little as to what people think of me, how much power I have, or how I appear to come off when I type.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

     

    If I was Narcissistic, I'm pretty sure I'd care a @#$@-ton about what you and everyone else thinks. Unfortunately, i am blunt and honest, void of social grace, solely because I care so little.

    I'm stating factual information when I appear to boast. To me, it's not boasting, it's telling the truth. Just because you think I'm bragging doesn't mean I am. Assumptions, especially online without tone or knowing the person, are always moronic.

     

    Well...unless you assume the other person is retarded, and you're me. Then you're most likely right. Of course, I'm prone to being wrong...all...the...freaking...tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! (Yes, I sung that last part like a Rock Song).

    You care very much what people think, if you did not you would not be here trying to sway our opinion of you so fiercley.

  • DarSepkiDarSepki NotNeeded, IAPosts: 51Member

    Great post Kyleran!

     

    OP has stepped over the line with buying gold. But repeatly claimed his source does not contribute to the problems related to gold buying, stealing accounts, etc. Unless you know the personally, and know thier exact methods, than no they are not trusted.

    Pass blame to the high level farmers, and the fact that lower level items go for higher prices. Welcome to inflation. Knowing this problem, isn't it just as easy to sell and work the AH a bit to get the gold that you need. That is if OP is smart enough! Instead lets just assume that the gold is aquired only by those who farm exclusively for it and not by those who play smart with what they have.

    Managing your virtual resources IS a part of the game. It may be called grindy or boring, but buying gold is considered cheating and the reason why accounts caught with this activity are banned. To the OP, you have two choices, either play by the rules established by the game (and supported by the community), or as you stated:

    ...Alt-F4 and unsub: grindy boredom.

    It is that simple. Making money is easy, alot easier than the other things that you claimed that you are good at. And it takes far less time that you claim. But if you cannot face these facts, it does not justify for cheating and supporting ruining the game experience.

  • AvatarBladeAvatarBlade BucurestiPosts: 770Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.

    What evidence do you have to submit to us that I am narcissistic?

    Would love to hear it. Seriously.

     

    Always wished I was. Unfortunately, I'm not even close. Actually quite the opposite... as I care very little as to what people think of me, how much power I have, or how I appear to come off when I type.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

     

    If I was Narcissistic, I'm pretty sure I'd care a @#$@-ton about what you and everyone else thinks. Unfortunately, i am blunt and honest, void of social grace, solely because I care so little.

    I'm stating factual information when I appear to boast. To me, it's not boasting, it's telling the truth. Just because you think I'm bragging doesn't mean I am. Assumptions, especially online without tone or knowing the person, are always moronic.

     

    Well...unless you assume the other person is retarded, and you're me. Then you're most likely right. Of course, I'm prone to being wrong...all...the...freaking...tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! (Yes, I sung that last part like a Rock Song).

    Please, if you really have a psychological background, you should know there's no point in arguing with a narcissict.

  • CuathonCuathon University City, NYPosts: 2,211Member

    I was just about to say he has NPD as opposed to ASPD. Good to know I was right.

     

    This is going from annoying trolling to amusing backfiring. Would read/post again.

     

    3.5 stars / 5.

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.

    Symptoms of this [narcissictic] disorder include:

    • Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
    • Taking advantage of others to reach their own goals
    • Exaggerating their own importance, achievements, and talents
    • Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
    • Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
    • Becoming jealous easily
    • Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others
    • Being obsessed with oneself
    • Pursuing mainly selfish goals
    • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    • Becoming easily hurt and rejected
    • Setting goals that are unrealistic
    • Wanting "the best" of everything
    • Appearing unemotional
     
    Any criticism has a reaction, but only because I respect others and want to reply to each person individually. I do so with factual information (or what I think is factual, if you need me to say that) so I can debunk their irrational assumption and proceed with a real argument. I feel no anger, and if I am a sociopath- how the @#$# can I feel shame or humiliation? I certainly might be frustrated (I dont FEEL frustrated) but that isn't anger, it's annoyance or frustration or being tired or bored of how people reply in such a dull, brainless, almost predictable way.
     
    I don't exaggerate my own importance, as I do not feel or state I am important. Neither do I exaggerate my achievements or talents. It's a simple fact that I am better than 99.99% of gamers. Given that most gamers are probably kids or casual players, that isn't a hard thing to accomplish. Fortunately for my sanity, 99.99% means theres probably 1 for every 10000 people, which is about right, making there to be THOUSANDS of people better than me at gaming; some who are probably a ton better. Never met them, never played against them (unless it was when I was a newb at the game and didnt realize it), but I'm sure they exist solely for the fact that I exist.
     
    I have no imaginations of success, beauty, power...well I do of intelligence and romance. But then again...why wouldn't I? Most people I meet fail to grasp basic concepts. That makes you feel smart really, really fast. That...and the fact everyone around you tells you that you're very smart, you breeze through all formal education half-asleep and mostly absent doing better than all your peers who try ever so hard (it sucks, ERGH! Frustration at the lack of challenge.)
     
    Don't require attention, as I often don't post at all or just enjoy my life with my loved ones or solitude. I have no problem with healthy relationships, although I used to have a problem with unhealthy ones (who doesnt though? hahahaha!) but my health actually caused those unhealthy ones to end, very fortunately for me.
     
    I never feel hurt or rejected. I have been trolled so hard for so long, I'm probably harder than most people online (including the ones watching porn). It takes a lot to hurt me, although it is certainly possible sometimes as I think "Wow, that's kindof low, but okay."
     
    I really don't care about having "The best" and to be honest, am fully willing to settle for "okay". Even in PvP where I am top of the scoreboards, I dont care if I'm the best. I dont even participate in competitive play unless I really like the game (and even then, only in ladder tournaments). I get bored too quickly with a game to play it long enough to enter tournaments. I also don't find those fun, as they're a bit stressful. I find casual play fun, although I find competition to be EXTREMELY fun. But overly competitive and it takes the fun out.
     
     
     
    So really...I fit absolutely none of the symptoms for narccism. But if you can point one out, I'd be quite happy, as then I can finally say "I fit one!"
  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by DarSepki

    Great post Kyleran!

     

    OP has stepped over the line with buying gold. But repeatly claimed his source does not contribute to the problems related to gold buying, stealing accounts, etc. Unless you know the personally, and know thier exact methods, than no they are not trusted.

    Pass blame to the high level farmers, and the fact that lower level items go for higher prices. Welcome to inflation. Knowing this problem, isn't it just as easy to sell and work the AH a bit to get the gold that you need. That is if OP is smart enough! Instead lets just assume that the gold is aquired only by those who farm exclusively for it and not by those who play smart with what they have.

    Managing your virtual resources IS a part of the game. It may be called grindy or boring, but buying gold is considered cheating and the reason why accounts caught with this activity are banned. To the OP, you have two choices, either play by the rules established by the game (and supported by the community), or as you stated:

    ...Alt-F4 and unsub: grindy boredom.

    It is that simple. Making money is easy, alot easier than the other things that you claimed that you are good at. And it takes far less time that you claim. But if you cannot face these facts, it does not justify for cheating and supporting ruining the game experience.

    Making gold as a level 1 is not as easy as you think it is, unless you get to a high level first (preferably max level).

    Ironically, the sole reason I buy gold is because I am NOT max level.

     

    Could it be that some of us actually prefer the adventure, and DONT want to rush to end game? I rarely have a max level in any game-- do you know why? It's not because I don't play enough. It's because of two reasons: I dont want one, and I have too many alts to have one.

    Okay, I lied, in DAoC I had one and it was crazy fun. Getting there was not though. Me and my friend labeled it "Dark Age of Task Dungeons" due to how boring and mind-numbing the grind was to max level. (Back in the beta days of DAoC, I had so many characters on so many realms, I never even came close to max level, so that's why I only did on the classic server- hence the Task Dungeons). And it's kindof a lie, bc I almost had several in WoW. Technically though, I almost never have a max level character. Primarily because I play A LOT of games. Even if I play a ton, I dont play ONE a ton. I always have at least a FPS, a MMO, and a RTS--  and find myself playing browser or console games instead! Hahahahaha....

     

    Anything boring is something I don't want to participate in. I do not ruin my game experience, I enhance it.

     

    The biggest irony that I taste is that no one knows the vendor I buy gold from, but is so insistent that they are evil. If I were to pay IRL cash to my nephew to harvest gold for me, I swear to all that is holy-- everyone here would insist he is somehow a slave, being forced to stay up all night (by me I guess?) perhaps locked up in my Sociopath basement.

     

    Hahahahha, it all fits!

     

    I'm a narcissistic Sociopath who is so sociopathic, he locks his enslaved chinese nephew (despite the fact I'm african american and not asian in any way) in my sociopath basement, where he is forced to grind for gold 23/7, with a single hour of sleep. He doesn't eat or drink, as I have an IV for that so he can play. When he dies, I am such a narcissistic genius that I believe I am frankenstein monstering him, making him come back to live. In reality, none of this is real, and I am my nephew, I am chinese, and I dont' even play WoW- I yell at a cardboard box all day and pee in it.

  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas

    I'd like to take a moment and educate some of the community here on what it actually means to buy gold from some asian vendor.. 

     

    stopped reading after that.

    most likely just someone who is trying to justify his cheating. seen that before. often enough.

     

    you sir are the reason there are farm bots all over mmos. why should we bother about you? seriously. why?

     

    cheaters gonna cheat. all i need to know.

    uh and dont worry. we see you as an idiot. no need to ask for that. 

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.

    What evidence do you have to submit to us that I am narcissistic?

    Would love to hear it. Seriously.

     

    Always wished I was. Unfortunately, I'm not even close. Actually quite the opposite... as I care very little as to what people think of me, how much power I have, or how I appear to come off when I type.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

     

    If I was Narcissistic, I'm pretty sure I'd care a @#$@-ton about what you and everyone else thinks. Unfortunately, i am blunt and honest, void of social grace, solely because I care so little.

    I'm stating factual information when I appear to boast. To me, it's not boasting, it's telling the truth. Just because you think I'm bragging doesn't mean I am. Assumptions, especially online without tone or knowing the person, are always moronic.

     

    Well...unless you assume the other person is retarded, and you're me. Then you're most likely right. Of course, I'm prone to being wrong...all...the...freaking...tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! (Yes, I sung that last part like a Rock Song).

    Please, if you really have a psychological background, you should know there's no point in arguing with a narcissict.

    Wait... aren't I the narcissist?

    I argue with myself...and it's pointless?

  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    I don't have a problem with people buying gold in WoW. Never did it while I played, but never felt the need to ostracize someone for doing it either. That aside you are so narcissictic, it might be really painful if/when that nucleus cracks.

    What evidence do you have to submit to us that I am narcissistic?

    Would love to hear it. Seriously.

     

    Always wished I was. Unfortunately, I'm not even close. Actually quite the opposite... as I care very little as to what people think of me, how much power I have, or how I appear to come off when I type.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

     

    If I was Narcissistic, I'm pretty sure I'd care a @#$@-ton about what you and everyone else thinks. Unfortunately, i am blunt and honest, void of social grace, solely because I care so little.

    I'm stating factual information when I appear to boast. To me, it's not boasting, it's telling the truth. Just because you think I'm bragging doesn't mean I am. Assumptions, especially online without tone or knowing the person, are always moronic.

     

    Well...unless you assume the other person is retarded, and you're me. Then you're most likely right. Of course, I'm prone to being wrong...all...the...freaking...tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime! (Yes, I sung that last part like a Rock Song).

    Please, if you really have a psychological background, you should know there's no point in arguing with a narcissict.

    Wait... aren't I the narcissist?

    I argue with myself...and it's pointless?

    and there is a difference between being a wannabe troll and a narcist. jesus. just check your terms before you try to impress that blondie in class

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • ElNubreUneroElNubreUnero UhohhPosts: 57Member
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by MagnusCeleritas

    I'd like to take a moment and educate some of the community here on what it actually means to buy gold from some asian vendor.. 

     

    stopped reading after that.

    most likely just someone who is trying to justify his cheating. seen that before. often enough.

     

    you sir are the reason there are farm bots all over mmos. why should we bother about you? seriously. why?

     

    cheaters gonna cheat. all i need to know.

    uh and dont worry. we see you as an idiot. no need to ask for that. 

    Unfortunate, as I continued to explain how high level gold grinders (not farmers, but normal players who en mass accumulate billions in gold and flood the economy with overpriced buying/selling of items that a level 1 new player cannot compete with in his wildest of dreams) and gold farmers impact the economy far less.

    Others included those who exploit the AH or even real economists who do their best to ruin the economy almost exclusively.

This discussion has been closed.